Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150, 2015 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can understand why Ford is sending us gewgaws and now alleged customer satisfaction funds. I've done long deployments in the Navy, spent years pursuing degrees and even in this pandemic, I've thrived and prospered, but this Bronco wait is getting to me! Last week I found myself searching every Jeep dealer's website for the 2 door Wrangler that comes closest to my Bronco that may be over a year away from existing. In the past month I've done lots of travel and checked out the Broncos at all the distant dealerships in the towns I've stayed in. Today I test drove an aging Honda Element which had a check engine light on (that's a hard no deal). I see all the complaints about "my Bronco is on Dirt Hill" and why is there such a delay in shipping, etc. The majority of us wish we had those problems instead of being in the void Ford has placed us. . . . . Okay, I'm better now, but this waiting sure sucks.
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can understand why Ford is sending us gewgaws and now alleged customer satisfaction funds. I've done long deployments in the Navy, spent years pursuing degrees and even in this pandemic, I've thrived and prospered, but this Bronco wait is getting to me! Last week I found myself searching every Jeep dealer's website for the 2 door Wrangler that comes closest to my Bronco that may be over a year away from existing. In the past month I've done lots of travel and checked out the Broncos at all the distant dealerships in the towns I've stayed in. Today I test drove an aging Honda Element which had a check engine light on (that's a hard no deal). I see all the complaints about "my Bronco is on Dirt Hill" and why is there such a delay in shipping, etc. The majority of us wish we had those problems instead of being in the void Ford has placed us. . . . . Okay, I'm better now, but this waiting sure sucks.

We're here for ya bro'. 🥰

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When did you reserve? Thinking the supply would only be exceeded by the demand for a short time, and not wanting a unit from the initial run, I only reserved in June and ordered the first week of July 2021.

Boy, was I wrong about lead times. I'm hoping to have mine sometime in 2022, but there's just no way to know since MAP output has fluctuated so much, and scheduling for new units seems to be canceled at least one or two weeks per month.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree 100%. We all got excited with this launch....paid our deposit and were given reasonable expectations and wait times. Ordered when we should and many placed down a order deposit. Promised a build date in May....that fell apart. It has been a big let down and quite frankly has ruined the "car buying experience". Ford has not been completely honest and has had poor communication and many unanswered questions (*). I am sure we will enjoy our Broncos and smile like heck when we get them. But this will have left a very sour taste in the back of our mouths.
*: WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE: A live open chat, not just 45 minutes but 4 hours, 2 days if need be where we get to ask questions directly to the Bronco Team. Not a 30 minute talk with a blogger and 15 minutes for 3-5 questions.....some real time for real answers from order holders.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree 100%. We all got excited with this launch....paid our deposit and were given reasonable expectations and wait times. Ordered when we should and many placed down a order deposit. Promised a build date in May....that fell apart. It has been a big let down and quite frankly has ruined the "car buying experience". Ford has not been completely honest and has had poor communication and many unanswered questions (*). I am sure we will enjoy our Broncos and smile like heck when we get them. But this will have left a very sour taste in the back of our mouths.
*: WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE: A live open chat, not just 45 minutes but 4 hours, 2 days if need be where we get to ask questions directly to the Bronco Team. Not a 30 minute talk with a blogger and 15 minutes for 3-5 questions.....some real time for real answers from order holders.
I think Ford has been quite honest and open regarding a bad situation. You just don't like what you are being told, so you think it's not the truth.

What would you like to know from the Bronco Team that would make you feel better?

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think Ford has been quite honest and open regarding a bad situation. You just don't like what you are being told, so you think it's not the truth.

What would you like to know from the Bronco Team that would make you feel better?
Exactly! He is assuming that the folks at Ford have perfect information, and can perfectly predict the flow of things, and can perfectly predict what problems might arise, so he can be satisfied and know perfectly what to expect.

Ahh....they have unforeseen issues. Ahh....things happen that they didn't expect. Ahh.....the people that manage and communicate might not have all of the information. Ahh...there is a certain amount of figuring it out as they go.

I can see this two hour interview:
Question: ........
Answer: we're not sure
Question: .........
Answer: We don't have a way of knowing that yet.
Answer: We wish we knew the answer to that as well.
Answer: Here's what we think will happen, but we can't guarantee it.

There, will that make you feel better? 😊

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was waiting for months before the reveal.
Sat thru the reveal, the computer glitches and made my reservation the first night.
Really wanted the Mod Top so I can take the windows out for the pups.
Pushed to late 21, then 22 then 23.
When they announced they would have the Hard Top Prep Kit, I opted for a soft top.
Within two weeks had a build date.
Built last week and should have it this week or next.

Haven’t complained or stamped my feet.
Lot’s of things occurred this past year and a half.
Add to that first year production.

It is what it is. Wait and get it or go buy something else, at the end of the day it’s only a car and your life won’t be impacted that much.

I can say this though, when you get your email you’ll forget all the wait.

Mg

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are less than a year in with hardly any $$ for an awesome vehicle. I had $3K down and waited over 4 years (7 years of promise, 4 years with cash down) for my new Defender and it was such a poor design I cancelled my order and went with the Bronco. Just sayin...

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, I am a Ford lover and have had many since 1972. Many of us including me wish Ford had been more forthcoming with these issues. Like the comment or not, they have not. I have been very patient and respectful to the process. Reserved day 2 put my $ on reserve, ordered Jan. 21 put more $ down. I have done my part and the launch has been a failure. From reserve to when I get my 2 door BD....it will likely be over 2 years!!! Unacceptable IMO.
As far as what I need to know:
1. An estimate when I may get built next year, just tell us what quarter it could be built in.
2. Price protection clarification. As an example; I have a BD ordered. MY21 the Mod bumper was standard, MY22 it is an option (some are now saying it may not even be an option). As an option will I pay the option price or will I get it at no charge under "price protection" of a similar equipped vehicle?
3. The Ford Perf. winch and mount. Now they are saying it is not compatible on the BD. Why?

I would like to see an on-line Q&A with the Bronco Team for all order holders. Not just an hour but 4 hrs...maybe 2 in a month. So we can ask questions directly to them and press them for some answers to any questions we may have. (not a 1 hr session filtered through a blogger).

I want to add that my Dealer and Salesman has been great. He even said that communication from Ford to the Dealers is poor. A friend that works inside MAP said management has done a terrible launch job on the Bronco. So....it's not just my perception.
Sponsored

Last edited: