Recent Resale Value

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I paid 50k out the door for my Big Bend non SasQ. I kind of knew where the market was at and used prices on the Broncos were high during the covid nonsense. Wish I would have spec'd a base and purchased back when they first came out, but timing wasn't right.
I special ordered the BB and got exactly what I wanted including the paint color, so I am happy and no plans to sell.
If you are a car juggler who gets bored be prepared to get torched....
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep my vehicles for about 10 years, I sold my 2012 Wrangler in 2023 for $3k less than what I paid for new but 2021-2023 were a fluke on car values. I wouldn't expect any of that anymore.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I keep my vehicles for about 10 years, I sold my 2012 Wrangler in 2022 for $3k less than what I paid for new but 2023 was a fluke on car values. I wouldn't expect any of that anymore.
Fluke doesn't even begin to describe the past few years lol..

Guy I know bought a 2010 ranger brand new.. 4cyl, auto, reg cab.. paid 13k. height of covid he unloaded it to one of the online dealers for 12,700 with over 100k on it lol. Not bad.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought my 22 BL Bronco SQ package used with 16,000 miles for $48,000 less taxes. It’s stickered at $53,000 new. It does have the Ford certified warranty. I could not get them down anymore and it was one of the only two door Sasquatch packages near me so it was what I wanted.
I did trade in my 8 month old Dodge Hornet (talk about problems) so they sort of had me there. I paid $39,000 for the Hornet and they gave me $29,000 with 2000 miles on it.

Bronco Lane

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My less than 6 month old Bronco went from purchase price of $52,000 to an offer from multiple dealers of $38,000. That is a steep depreciation, I thought these things held value? I know Ford is making more, but so is Jeep making Wranglers and they hold very good value.
[/QUO Did you buy at a marked up price ? Never known of any vehicle that once sold didn't go down in value.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unicorn Not for sale . LOL
IMG_0690.jpg
Can't believe they took away the best red, that's got to be running neck and neck with the Sand Everglades for fewest built.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
With almost all makes models of vehicles certain trim levels will usually maintain a higher percentage resale value.

I don't know what trim is the sweet spot for the Bronco, but packages and options also matter and Ford created so many combinations you would need a spreadsheet and a decent amount of data to figure it out.

I can tell you this, it's usually not the fully loaded vehicles that maintain the best value.
Base is the resale sweet spot. Same with Wrangler. People buying used are generally more cost conscious, else they'd be buying new, and a base version gets a buyer into the vehicle for lesser cost.

Spending thousands extra on stuff hoping for a resale payback is not a good move. You don't want to be the expensive house on the block. Also most buyers will not care about HOSS version x.xx etc that people on the forum may obsess over.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Values whether wholesale or retail fluctuate depending on the market. I think Bronco is down- I just saw a 2022 Base Sasquatch 2 door with manual transmission with only 775 miles sell for only 35K on BAT.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the values usually fluctuate across the board. I got nearly MSRP for my '19 Wrangler when I traded in on my Bronco in 11/22 that I paid just under MSRP for. Today, I'd pay a lot less for my Bronco, but get a lot less for my Wrangler. It all works out in the wash ;)

And I paid just over $60K in 11/22 for my Bronco, today it says it is worth ~$55K, that's pretty good in my mind. But, I think to buy mine brand new now is $7K-$10K more!

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Base is the resale sweet spot. Same with Wrangler. People buying used are generally more cost conscious, else they'd be buying new, and a base version gets a buyer into the vehicle for lesser cost.

Spending thousands extra on stuff hoping for a resale payback is not a good move. You don't want to be the expensive house on the block. Also most buyers will not care about HOSS version x.xx etc that people on the forum may obsess over.
You may be right, I'm not so sure I ageee without the data to back it up, opinions are just that.

But I agree too many expensive options hurt, but most buyers want some some 'must have' options and I think the base is too stripped down to be the golden child.

Trims I think make sense in the market place ( again just my opinion, which is all anyone has until someone starts collecting real world data)

For non off roaders the family Bronco, I'm thinking a non-Sasquatch OuterBanks.

For those who like to play, I'm thinking the non-Sasquatch Badlands will be in demand.

For those who really want to build their own the BlackDiamond.

Again if not overly optioned...

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You may be right, I'm not so sure I ageee without the data to back it up, opinions are just that.

But I agree too many expensive options hurt, but most buyers want some some 'must have' options and I think the base is too stripped down to be the golden child.

Trims I think make sense in the market place ( again just my opinion, which is all anyone has until someone starts collecting real world data)

For those who like to play, I'm thinking the non-Sasquatch Badlands will be in demand.

Interested in your list of "must haves"? I was shocked when I found out that the Base could be built to the specs of the Wildtrak, minus the overpriced $1600 mid package. And the mid package offered just about nothing besides heated seats, which half the Country has no use for, and a 12v outlet with a pitifully small invertor.

Last edited:

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then there is this thing called "the economy" and "interest rates". Lots of folks can't take that 20% hit inflation provided in the last few years, and the higher-than-usual financing costs now.

Fewer buyers in the mix... means more cars on the lots, and lower price for a new car. Lower prices for used cars follow suit.

And final thought... if you don't want to sell it yourself -- then expect to get taken. Dealer price is always less that private party value, or retail price. The only car I've ever "traded in" was one where I knew there was a valve problem (and the dealer knew it to).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I had looked into the subject a while back and ran some numbers, and also here is some discussion on which Wrangler version might hold value better (spoiler alert - per this guy's numbers the base):
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/do-rubicons-really-have-better-resale-value.2719/

Agreed - these days a lot more people seem into the extras/trinkets, so that might play some part in resale. In my opinion though, people tend to way overspend and overestimate what is needed to off-road and generally have fun.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interested in your list of "must haves"? I was shocked when I found out that the Base could be built to the specs of the Wildtrak, minus the overpriced $1600 mid package. And the mid package offered just about nothing besides heated seats, which half the Country has no use for, and a 12v outlet with a pitifully small invertor.
Not my list of ' must haves', I don't know which options on the Bronco will become must haves in the market place, but every vehicle tends to have options that become must haves.

The problem with us, meaning people on this site, or any car forum, we are not the average buyer, enthusiasts go way too deep in the weeds.

And you can build any vehicle into a higher trim if you have the money and ability, but it won't be cost effective, unless you are saying optioned from the factory, in which case no you can't. Ford made it so you can't option into other trims.

OP
OP
USSCajun

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
[/QUOTE]Also most buyers will not care about HOSS version x.xx etc that people on the forum may obsess over.
[/QUOTE]

Modifications like this will ding you hard unless it is a specialty dealer.
Sponsored