Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it COULD be the case that the MIC/Modular tops come from 2 different suppliers...and an individual might be more familiar with one or the other
Well, he argued with me for a long time swearing that there wasn't anything removable in the back part of the modular tops. He was wrong, I was right...
And I'm glad I was right. This is exactly what I was hoping for in the modular top. ????
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually not all that excited about the extra "donut hole" on the modular 2-door top if that proves true. Removable side glass? Yes. A potential source for leaks that simultaneously has the potential to reduce the rigidity of a top I already need reinforcement for (adding an RTT)? Not so much.

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Well, he argued with me for a long time swearing that there wasn't anything removable in the back part of the modular tops. He was wrong, I was right...
And I'm glad I was right. This is exactly what I was hoping for in the modular top. ????
Glad I found this thread. I'm really a soft top kind of guy but think I might be able to live with something like the modular. Had a "clamshell" on our first Jeep and ended up with it sitting in the yard under a tree all summer.

ADBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dude.... You're mistaken.
Take the Badlands for example. It comes standard with a hardtop. Moulded in colour.. Which is removable as you stated. 3 pieces.
Optionally you can have the modular hardtop in body colour or shadow painted, and the rear, side glass is separate from the rear roof. This is what makes it modular.
You can go bikini top... You can go all open air, just the top and rear glass off, etc...
Does this mean none of The Broncos models coming in full hard top none removable??

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While removable side glass is a nice consolation prize, I was hoping for removable sections. Especially the rear glass. Oh well.

Hereā€™s a couple screen captures for those totally lost on this.
Ford Bronco Removable hard top Vs. Modular hard top 5CB46DCE-CC0F-4AD5-8D80-E682C1A0B996

Ford Bronco Removable hard top Vs. Modular hard top D09AEBF8-A212-4A00-B5A1-7BB192BEB183

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
While removable side glass is a nice consolation prize, I was hoping for removable sections. Especially the rear glass. Oh well.

Hereā€™s a couple screen captures for those totally lost on this.
Ford Bronco Removable hard top Vs. Modular hard top D09AEBF8-A212-4A00-B5A1-7BB192BEB183

Removing the rear quarter panel glass seems like it will create more problems than it is worth. I might even intentionally choose a top that does not have this option.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have seen it. There's at least one photo floating around with it installed and another with it removed. Not sure where I saw the one with it removed, but the one with it in place has been posted on this forum.
Yup, seen that... And you can notice the body line online with fords website.
Never seen a pic with it off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Removing the rear quarter panel glass seems like it will create more problems than it is worth. I might even intentionally choose a top that does not have this option.
Huh?? What problems ?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Huh?? What problems ?
Some Wrangler owners complain about wind noise and water/air leaks on hardtops. Probably owners who expect a car-like experience. So having more removable panels/windows can potentially introduce those issues. I predict hardtop sealing complaints will be a headache for Ford.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Some Wrangler owners complain about wind noise and water/air leaks on hardtops. Probably owners who expect a car-like experience. So having more removable panels/windows can potentially introduce those issues. I predict hardtop sealing complaints will be a headache for Ford.
One advantage Ford will have, is learning from Jeepā€˜s mistakes. Not saying that will stop any issues from happening, but it probably gave them a good head start.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$700 hard top is fine with me I donā€™t need removable rear windows. If losing 4D windows and the first two row top section is not good enough then I donā€™t know what to say. I think the most I would be removing are the first row to be honest maybe first and second but I will always have the rear cabin roofing on

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, but maybe it's implied in the "wind noise" comment above. I wonder if there will be a pronounced wind buffeting/helicopter effect with the rear quarter windows removed since you still have the rear lift glass in place? Or, does that rear lift glass also come off easily for even more open air experience? For example, in my F150 if I roll down the front and rear windows and get above about 45 miles an hour I get the helicopter effect. If I open the sliding rear glass window the air can flow straight through and that effect goes away. This may seem like a small thing but I'd potentially pay extra for the modular top if I can get an answer to this and know that it won't be a problem. That would give me most of the benefit of the soft top plus the advantages of the hard top.
Sponsored