Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I remove the hitch and my dealer has no allocations it's gonna sit there for awhile anyway- so probably just as well to leave everything

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

"My dealer said"
I sense your sarcasm, but no... not "my dealer said".

I run a small fleet of all Ford Vehicles, and have a great long term relationship with the owner of a large dealership here. We've been watching trends together.

Frist, you can see that anecdotally, more people without Tow package appear online to be getting their Bronco with many asking if they should just remove it to speed things up.

In truth, Ford corporate has also already announced that the Tow package is an item slowing down production and is in limited supply... so not just the dealer....

And also in deliveries, this larger dealer is also confident in stating that their customers with Tow packages are not being built at the same quantity as those without.

All of that leads to an educated decision, WITH INPUT FROM MY DEALER, that removing the Tow package will, in all likelihood, have an impact on speeding up deliver of a Bronco.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn’t the tow package relatively easy to do after the fact?
You would have thought so. But unlike their pickup trucks, Ford didn't make any wires available in the rear to hook up for trailer lights.
Aftermarket kits have to tie into each tail light standard harness to get at things. And to make it worse the LED taillights vs the Incandescent have different harnesses. So a kit for the LED taillights may need to be reworked if you don't have LED taillights.

It's a bit of a mess right now.
Sponsored