Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an October order- Badlands SAS, MIC, 2.7. Do you think removing the tow package would help or don't bother?
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MIC is the largest constraint so in your case... I dont think it would help much. but I could be wrong

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Antidotal response, I removed the Tow package and was scheduled for build the next week.

Others with a similar reservation/order date as me didn't remove Tow and also have a build date.

So I guess, it depends is the only answer.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently removed tow package from my Badlands. Dealer said he's been seeing it make a 2-3 month difference. The tow package issue is tied to the chip shortage and wiring harness, so it can easily be a bigger issue than MIC.

Personally, I'd say unless you are expecting to need the 7-pin connector you're better off getting an aftermarket hitch receiver.

TangoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
October order; 4dr, soft top, badlands, SAS, 2.7, lux package, tow package. Got a call from my dealership last week. He said they talked with their rep and said that the tow package is the hold up with my build and will save me "months" if I take it off... So I did. No update as of yet...

Sponsored

Cliff B

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979Bronco Ranger XLT, 2017 4Runnner Limited 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My order was a 4 door Badlands, 2.7, MIC, Tow, Lux, Leather. Switched to soft top and dropped tow back in early August when Ford offered the hard top prep kit, then got scheduled in a couple weeks then delayed twice, finally built early November. We were on the fence about the top anyway and will never need trailer brakes, so we opted for the changes and had the tow added by the dealer, totally glad we did. The most it will pull is a small utility trailer or our 17' Bass Tracker, which weighs nothing.

I should note we reserved the first week, ordered February 21st from a decent volume dealer and were 14th in their initial allocation of 31 Broncos, which I'm sure really helped but that was back when everything was constrained and moving slow, that might not be so important now.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had my Badlands for about 2 months now. And had the tow package on the order from the very beginning. I didn’t cause any delays. What did cause the delay is the MIC top. And we got rid of it and went with the soft top. So glad we did. The tops been down for 2 months straight. Absolutely love the soft top. And I know if I had the hard top it would be up all the time.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Antidotal response, I removed the Tow package and was scheduled for build the next week.

Others with a similar reservation/order date as me didn't remove Tow and also have a build date.

So I guess, it depends is the only answer.
Do you have the hardtop?

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NO!!!!!! Don’t cancel the tow package!!! As a matter of fact, everyone should ADD the tow package. I thank all of you in advance for allowing me to get my build date next week.

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Isn’t the tow package relatively easy to do after the fact?

Sponsored

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build is very similar to yours, and I removed the tow package when I reordered in October for the 22 model year. I received my production email very shortly after, it was built at the beginning of this month and I pick her up this afternoon. I believe fully it was the tow package removal that mattered. For my needs I don't need a trailer brake controller on something that tows 3500 lb. Mine will have a seven and four pin connector on the aftermarket trailer hitch that I'm putting on. If I need trailer brakes I'll just add an aftermarket controller I just don't see that happening.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn’t the tow package relatively easy to do after the fact?
Hitch receiver is easy, 4-pin is now also easy. Full integration of a 7-pin is not.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't get the tow package on my JLUR and wished I did. In that case, you got more than a hitch and wiring, but still, I had to order a hitch and install before using my bike rack, then I had to order wiring and install before towing. I'm in no hurry for my Bronco and would rather wait a few extra months and get exactly what I want from the factory, so I have tow and MIC on order with no plan on changing.
Sponsored