mitruckguy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1941 Dodge WC, 1993 Mazda Miata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Swapped my standard for a modular one. I installed a bull bar and KC rally lights to replace my fog lights. I don’t have sensors so I have to find plugs for the holes. Anyone know where I can get some?

B5C340FE-B2D2-41C7-87EA-A398B71A17FE.jpeg

54923FA5-2ADC-4FD4-9EFA-E2557F883352.jpeg
Did you reuse the 6 bolts (3 on each side) that hold the bumper to the frame? The bolts that are behind the plastic cover on the standard bumper and that go through the shackle mount/tow hook and into the frame on the modular bumper. I am wondering if the ones that come with the standard bumper are long enough with the tow hook there or if I’ll have to get longer bolts.
Sponsored

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here are some pics, we are getting close. Just missing the plastic covers surrounding the recovery hooks on both sides.

0098E0F7-2633-4E5C-A71C-11F4A622D974.jpeg

CD44B99F-7829-4968-94FE-7FC969A56D3F.jpeg
Wow I love those lights, who makes those?

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have a complete HD Mod bumper in West Yellowstone,Montana. Only thing missing is the factory nut plate as I used it with my new bumper. Come visit Yellowstone Park and get your HD Mod bumper.
Continental divide backwoods snowmobiling and losing your snowmobile jumping priceless and snowshoe hiking…ah I miss those days )

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you reuse the 6 bolts (3 on each side) that hold the bumper to the frame? The bolts that are behind the plastic cover on the standard bumper and that go through the shackle mount/tow hook and into the frame on the modular bumper. I am wondering if the ones that come with the standard bumper are long enough with the tow hook there or if I’ll have to get longer bolts.
Yes.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They were plenty long when I swapped mine over, one of the few things you can reuse.

Sponsored

BronkNOLA

Big Bend
First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you replace a standard bumper with a Braptor modular?

Brouha

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did anyone else have trouble getting the harness for the parking sensors reconnected to the harness in the front driverside corner behind the grill? I'm having a heck of a time using the one that was on my standard bumper.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did anyone else have trouble getting the harness for the parking sensors reconnected to the harness in the front driverside corner behind the grill? I'm having a heck of a time using the one that was on my standard bumper.
If you mean the single point connector on the left hand side of the vehicle, it's a tight fit at the connector, and for whatever reason there's less slack when you reuse the plastic bumper harness.

Brouha

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you mean the single point connector on the left hand side of the vehicle, it's a tight fit at the connector, and for whatever reason there's less slack when you reuse the plastic bumper harness.
Yep, that's the one. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take the bumper all the way off and try and find a bit more length. There's no way I can get it connected at the moment.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, that's the one. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take the bumper all the way off and try and find a bit more length. There's no way I can get it connected at the moment.
There is one of those cheap connectors right at the end of the cable going to the actual bronco. I pulled it out loose and it gave enough room to reach the harness coming from the bronco. It doesn’t flip free once pulled loose but it does give a bit more room to get it plugged in.

Sponsored

Brouha

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is one of those cheap connectors right at the end of the cable going to the actual bronco. I pulled it out loose and it gave enough room to reach the harness coming from the bronco. It doesn’t flip free once pulled loose but it does give a bit more room to get it plugged in.
Thanks much, I was able to get a bit more slack out of the harness after taking the bumper back off. I pulled the connector from the plastic pin holding it in place just above the bumper and that gave me enough slack to get everything connected. Much appreciated to everyone that chimed in with help.

maybeoneday

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hey all, I'm planning on upgrading my OBX to a Badlands in a few months with my order coming in. Does anyone know if the dealer would be able to swap the modular bumper form my OBX to the badlands?

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Added a small bar to the Modular. Not sure it wows me but adds some minimal pizazz I guess.
Ford Bronco Replacing factory bumper with modular bumper IMG_3350

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Replacing factory bumper with modular bumper IMG_3350

Prices are old, but probably still close. It's absolutely a good idea to get a modular bumper (with or without sensor holes to match your stock bumper) from someone getting rid of theirs to go aftermarket. That would take care of everything but the towhook-less bumper brackets and parking sensor grommets.
thank you so much for this
what are these, they look like the tow hooks with no hooks...
Mount Plate
M2DZ-17B984-A

I dont see the tow hook component
https://www.fordpartsconnect.com/v-...2-7l-v6-gas/body--bumper-and-components-front
Sponsored