Sponsored

Reservation canceled! I didn't do it! - RESOLVED!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just telling the Mrs about all the shady dealer stuff going down, so I decided to check on my reservation in my Ford account and it shows my reservation as cancelled! I did no such thing! Freaking out a bit here. Yes I will be calling first thing in the AM. WTF.

i did transfer my dealer on 1/18, got confirmation email and everything looked fine in my account afterward.
Ford Bronco Reservation canceled! I didn't do it!  - RESOLVED! Screenshot_20210121-081526
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE 2. Pulse is much stronger now. Breathing on my own.

My dealer didn't return my call. So I've transferred to a new dealer with great communication. My reservation still shows cancelled, but nothing was said by the Ford rep I talked to. Makes me feel much better. Hope to get an order in soon!

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

UPDATE 2. Pulse is much stronger now. Breathing on my own.

My dealer didn't return my call. So I've transferred to a new dealer with great communication. My reservation still shows cancelled, but nothing was said by the Ford rep I talked to. Makes me feel much better. Hope to get an order in soon!
your new dealer should be able to see the reservation (either by ur email or ur res #), click "process offline" and within 15-20 it shows up in WBDO...from there they can print u a DORA

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
your new dealer should be able to see the reservation (either by ur email or ur res #), click "process offline" and within 15-20 it shows up in WBDO...from there they can print u a DORA
Can you explain the purpose of process offline? And what is a DORA?

Thanks!

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you explain the purpose of process offline? And what is a DORA?

Thanks!
sure! when u place a reservation or transfer one, it will show up in the dealers online order acceptance portal...transfers have been taking only a couple minutes...we search by email or reservation # for a customer in the portal...to turn the reservation into an order, the dealer needs to click "process offline"...it then takes 15-20 to transfer over to WBDO (the ordering system)...once that is done, your reservation has been turned into an order...the DORA (delivery order receipt acknowledgment) is how the order is equipped (year, body code, trim, color, options)...let me know if you have any other questions!

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sure! when u place a reservation or transfer one, it will show up in the dealers online order acceptance portal...transfers have been taking only a couple minutes...we search by email or reservation # for a customer in the portal...to turn the reservation into an order, the dealer needs to click "process offline"...it then takes 15-20 to transfer over to WBDO (the ordering system)...once that is done, your reservation has been turned into an order...the DORA (delivery order receipt acknowledgment) is how the order is equipped (year, body code, trim, color, options)...let me know if you have any other questions!
Appreciated, thanks!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thought, for what it's worth.

When I converted our reservation our dealer told me I would get an email from Ford confirming my order (2 door BD), which I did within minutes. He also told me that the Ford website would show my order but would still show my original reservation (4 DR BL), which it did, well at least the picture was a 4 door BL but the words were BD. I'd say the website showed the "cancellation" as it happened but didn't reflect the new dealer.

I'd say to trust the email over the website. Just my .02. The Ford website leaves a bit to be desired IMHO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thought, for what it's worth.

When I converted our reservation our dealer told me I would get an email from Ford confirming my order (2 door BD), which I did within minutes. He also told me that the Ford website would show my order but would still show my original reservation (4 DR BL), which it did, well at least the picture was a 4 door BL but the words were BD. I'd say the website showed the "cancellation" as it happened but didn't reflect the new dealer.

I'd say to trust the email over the website. Just my .02. The Ford website leaves a bit to be desired IMHO.
Thanks. Every bit of reassurance helps. I'm feeling pretty good at this point. But discovering this at bedtime was the worst. Lost sleep is a massive understatement.

My new dealer (#3) is great. And yes the transfer went through immediately. New dealer emailed me within a few minutes. Can't say the same for dealer #1 and #2.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Every bit of reassurance helps. I'm feeling pretty good at this point. But discovering this at bedtime was the worst. Lost sleep is a massive understatement.

My new dealer (#3) is great. And yes the transfer went through immediately. New dealer emailed me within a few minutes. Can't say the same for dealer #1 and #2.
I've lost a few hours as well agonizing over Base SAS, BL, BD SAS, OBX, OBX SAS, etc.............

Well, not really the OBX, wifey was looking at that one, not me, LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE #3: Back on life support

Was supposed to meet with my dealer this morning to get my order in and he just sent me this...

"Hey Good morning Matt, Sorry to alarm you on this but when I went to check your order just now it is showing cancelled on January 20.

Did you talk to the Ford help line yesterday? It may be an issue with transferring or they are in the middle of it?"

I'm still going to meet with the dealer this morning. This is sooo messed up!

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Working with my dealer now. He showed me a screenshot that showed "Cancelled by dealer". They had no authorization to do that! I never spoke with them. They cancelled it after I transferred. We're thinking it should be fixable. But can't call until Monday! Ahhhhhh!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE #4

Dealer #1 just called me out of the blue. I assume to convert my reservation to order. I let him know I transferred and that we were unable to put in the order because they cancelled my reservation. I asked if it was something he could fix. He claimed they he can't and that they don't have the ability cancel, which my current dealer confirmed can be done.

Anxiously waiting for tomorrow morning to get here so I can call Ford again. I can't believe I'm the only one that's had this happen.

Also ironic that dealer #2 called me Saturday as I was headed out the door to meet with Dealer #3.

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE #5

Spoke with Ford customer service again. Still no answers. My case is supposedly being escalated. Should hear something in a "couple days". If I don't die from lack of sleep first.
Sponsored