Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Some quick math:

There are about 3500 dealers in Canada and the US. That works out to 143 reservations per dealer. Take it from there if you think the numbers are correct.

I know Granger has way more than that. I know my dealer has 3.
The dealer I spoke with yesterday said he has 650 reservations.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer I spoke with yesterday said he has 650 reservations.
I have a feeling the guy you spoke to likes to exaggerate and stretch the truth a bit. Not one dealership that I spoke to inside the Metroplex claimed to have near that amount. Granted, that was a few months ago but I doubt they have increased their reservation count by 60-70% since then.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a feeling the guy you spoke to likes to exaggerate and stretch the truth a bit. Not one dealership that I spoke to inside the Metroplex claimed to have near that amount. Granted, that was a few months ago but I doubt they have increased their reservation count by 60-70% since then.
Oh come on now, I've never heard of one dealership person stretching the truth. /s ;)

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd be willing to bet the comment of 500,000 reservations is actually 500k builds on the B&P. This was referenced by Ford management the week after B&P launched and they shared some data on 2 dr vs 4 dr and trims. So, it's there website data not reservations.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be willing to bet the comment of 500,000 reservations is actually 500k builds on the B&P. This was referenced by Ford management the week after B&P launched and they shared some data on 2 dr vs 4 dr and trims. So, it's there website data not reservations.

480k of which are Bronco6G members configuring their dream bronco for the 50th time?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the post. Yes most of the buying public have no idea about the manufacture of hi-rate production products and the logistics involved. Supply Chain is critical to the process and just-in-time reaches way down the supply chain. High rate production is like lighting a fuse. Modern assembly plants are a machine within themselves.

I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. But such things need to be understood by the general public so they can understand how a delay in parts from a vendor has a domino effect on the rest of the product cycle. Delay in manufacturing start of the Bronco is not affecting just Ford; a lot of the other suppliers have to adjust as well.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have zero insider information, but from extrapolating reservation data we have and what I know from some other dealers. My guess is 190,000 - 200,000 total reservations between Bronco and Bronco Sport.

The sport will sell well and be a great vehicle but the reservations on that unit are a fraction of the Bronco 2 Dr and 4 Dr.

Sponsored

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have more then one reservation, doesnt it count in the gross number?
Or is it 200k people?
combine us ans canada?

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And then kept both anyways because dealer switching was still unclear. And for leverage against shady dealers.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever the number is, Ford most likley is downplaying the real number so they can claim to Wall St. a high conversion percentage.
I would do the same. But to be honest about it, I would take the reservations and process the data. Remove duplicate reservations by one person (the number of individuals who will be purchasing more than one Bronco is small enough to just factor all of them out) and any other information that would indicate an unlikely buyer--bad contact info or whatnot. Then I would use that number as my list of reservation holders.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.