Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting stories.... Do you realize the issue Carvana is in now? Why do I bring this up? Because, I believe, each state has a consumer affairs division....It's great to post on a forum and get a collective response. But, you all should be following up with consumer affairs if they have a business in their state defrauding customers. I would say that not honoring contracts falls in this category....How do you expect change if there are no consequences? I've read at least 4 of you here have had similar experiences...Seems like I would collectively communicate....

Let me make it easy for ya....

https://www.oregon.gov/dcbs/Pages/index.aspx

https://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer-protection/
Four people are saying the dealer sold their Bronco without telling them? You might want to count again.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bs17892

Outer Banks
First Name
Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well shit. If they are willing to screw over a Blazer player (with a large platform like yours), then we are all screwed. I am sorry you got ripped off too. If you haven't already, put your story on all the reviews sites you can so consumers at least have a warning before committing to Damerow.
Trying to make a part two with us?? :)

OP
OP

bs17892

Outer Banks
First Name
Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can’t believe there are some playing the “no wonder you got raped, look at the skirt you’re wearing “ game here. Good god man.
Thank you for this! Such a perfect parallel for some of these comments!

OP
OP

bs17892

Outer Banks
First Name
Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still not getting any answers here as I think this person has moved onto the next platform to continue the crusade.

I’ll recap for them: Places order and gets emails it’s built and shipped but then still NEVER contacts the dealer once until they finally think to call at some point. (Timelines are fuzzy… I mean lacking)

This whole Bronco experience has been a cluster thanks to Ford. I don’t trust anyone to make sure I get my Bronco so I’m doing everything I can. In this market I understand there not much incentive for any dealer to make sure that happens. Stay shape out there, folks. Ride ain’t over for some of us.
Just to BE CLEAR ON THIS. We had TONS of communications with the sales team leading up to this. The salesman knew us by name and was very aware of our order and the stage it was at!!!

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you work for Damerow Ford? You're giving me some serious dealership vibes with your responses.
No, but I do know there are two sides to every story. So why don’t you tell us the rest of the story?

Also I told my wife about this and she said she wouldn’t have called them either.

OP
OP

bs17892

Outer Banks
First Name
Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, but I do know there are two sides to every story. So why don’t you tell us the rest of the story?

Also I told my wife about this and she said she wouldn’t have called them either.
That is the full story. We signed a purchase agreement. Put a deposit down. Were assigned a VIN. Got a Bronco built and shipped to Damerow Ford. They never contacted us upon delivery. And sold it to someone else. What more do you want to know?

OP
OP

bs17892

Outer Banks
First Name
Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is the full story. We signed a purchase agreement. Put a deposit down. Were assigned a VIN. Got a Bronco built and shipped to Damerow Ford. They never contacted us upon delivery. And sold it to someone else. What more do you want to know?
And, yes, we had LOTS of communication with the dealership about our order. They knew exactly who we were.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to BE CLEAR ON THIS. We had TONS of communications with the sales team leading up to this. The salesman knew us by name and was very aware of our order and the stage it was at!!!
It does need clarification as this is what you originally said:

Fast forward to recent weeks, we were notified that our vehicle was finally being shipped and would arrive soon. We waited to hear from Damerow Ford about our vehicle but never got a call. Yesterday we contacted the dealership and asked if the car had arrived. Come to find out, they decided to sell it to someone else.
Who notified you it was shipped? Ford or the dealer?

What have you done other than post about it here and on Reddit?

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting stories.... Do you realize the issue Carvana is in now? Why do I bring this up? Because, I believe, each state has a consumer affairs division....It's great to post on a forum and get a collective response. But, you all should be following up with consumer affairs if they have a business in their state defrauding customers. I would say that not honoring contracts falls in this category....How do you expect change if there are no consequences? I've read at least 4 of you here have had similar experiences...Seems like I would collectively communicate....

Let me make it easy for ya....

https://www.oregon.gov/dcbs/Pages/index.aspx

https://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer-protection/
Four people are saying the dealer sold their Bronco without telling them? You might want to count again.

To give you the short story, about a year ago my husband and I went into Damerow Ford (in Beaverton, Oregon) and ordered a Ford Bronco. We put a deposit down, signed a purchase agreement and were eventually assigned a VIN number tied directly to our name.
......Now, after waiting almost an ENTIRE year for the car. They provided us with no options other than to start the order process all over again.
That dealer is trash. I had, in writing, that I would be sold my order at MSRP. Long story, but as it turns out, this was not the case. They are NOT stand-up guys over there. Stay away.
I was one of the 1k under deals with Damerow. While they did honor the deal with me it was not a pleasant experience. No communication, unreturned emails, and lies about dealer add~ons. Was threatened by a manager in the showroom that it was their vehicle to do what they wanted to do with it and I could leave empty handed.
I‘m sorry you had to go through this! I got my Bronco from them, and they tried to pull some shady stuff with me too, fortunately I am a former Blazer, and used my platform to blast them until them made it right. I will never do business with them again!
Sorry for your experience. That is ridiculous! Damerow is shady as hell. I had the 1,000 under invoice pricing they originally had offered and they chose not to honor it. Not only that, they did not honor the Ford price protection either. I called Ford corporate while I was there and they gave me a small discount, but Damerow cannot be trusted to honor their word, even if you have it in writing. One of the salesmen told me that the manager had someone else lined up to buy my 2 door Badlands and wanted me to walk out so he could unload it for 30 over MSRP.
I'm sorry about your experience. I was jacked around there as well. I had an early reservation and a 1k under invoice deal. They kept my wife and I there for 5+ hours despite me having printed all email/text conversations confirming our deal we agreed on. I continued to challenge them until finally they gave me the price we had agreed on all along after I told them i would get a lawyer involved. I gave them a bad review when ford contacted me regarding my buying experience and Damerow called me back asking to change my review. I told them I wouldn't. I will never go back there either.
Do you work for Damerow Ford? You're giving me some serious dealership vibes with your responses.
I counted again, and it was more...just in this thread... Further, I said "similar" meaning deceptive..... This is why states have Consumer Affairs depts..... But, bs17892 and I are curious why you would continue coming in to defend them....

Did more than four people have deceptive practices happen to them from Damerow Ford?
According to them, it seems so.... Why do you feel the need to discourage them from contacting CA by making a false claim to my post?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/goto/post?id=1645682

I counted again, and it was more...just in this thread... Further, I said "similar" meaning deceptive..... This is why states have Consumer Affairs depts..... But, bs17892 and I are curious why you would continue coming in to defend them....

Did more than four people have deceptive practices happen to them from Damerow Ford?
According to them, it seems so.... Why do you feel the need to discourage them from contacting CA by making a false claim to my post?
Not discouraging anything. In fact they should.

I was asking for your clarification as to if you were talking about misbehavior in general or specifically about selling the vehicle out from under them.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an extremely vested interest into finding out what happened exactly as I have a build date in less than a month.

So right now “We called and they said they will sell it to someone else“ isn’t the most settling story. Not that I trust dealers.

Things I would have done immediately:

Talk to sales manager in person.
Talk to Ford (not the chat, a phone call)

And only after that would I talk to the interwebs.

davepriz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a terrible experience years ago when I bought my RS from Damerow. And when I gave them poor feedback on the survey the manager called me and then proceeded to accidentally text me when I believe he was trying to text his boss and totally misrepresented our conversation lol.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorry to hear this. Had a bad experience with Damerow lately as well, specifically with Kiyoshi, in which I walked away from the Bronco Raptor I had ordered with them that got delivered last week.
Sponsored