Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With Bronco Depot long gone I decided the best route for me to get retro badges was to buy the ones from Bronco Graveyard, fill them with epoxy, and then put 3M adhesive tape on the back.

I’ve done all that but cutting out the tape was not an easy job. I wasn’t able to get perfect cut out and there is some spaces where you can see there won’t be any adhesion. I’m not worried about it falling off but if there could be any cosmetic consequences for putting these on without perfectly cut 3M tape. Should I be worried about water or dirt gathering in there? Or am I over thinking this?

Pic below of what my 3M tape cut out looks like.
EF8141FB-E15F-45E3-9655-C0A5EE0CF261.jpeg
Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did the same thing. I just tried to make sure they looked as clean as possible viewing from the front. Took my time and worked on getting any stray bits of 3M tape out of site with a utility knife (x-acto knife) and then stuck them on.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like to me 99% of its covered, I wouldn't worry about it. You've got more than enough adhesive to hold it secure.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Also, measure to the "r" and the "o" when you install. The "B" hangs lower and is responsible for people's badges coming out crooked.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Over thinking...that looks good to me and should work just fine!

Sponsored

Llamrei

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang GT, 2014 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same and had similar concerns. You should be fine. I used a thin width of 3M tape and many pieces, then trimmed them. I didn't take pics of the process, but your tape job is better than mine. My badges have been in place for almost 5 months, and remain well-adhered. My Bronco is wrapped, so I don't know if that makes a difference. Even though my tape job was a little rougher than yours, you can't tell once they're on.

Ford Bronco Retro Bronco Badge Question 123_1_20220222_144839

First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are 100% good to go my friend. It shouldn’t cause any issues at all. I have installed a TON of badges, trust me, that will be a non-issue. The biggest concern would be adhesive that sticks out from the emblem, then the adhesive picks up crud so it’s highly visible and looks bad but that’s not the case here. That will look and hold solid for sure.

dokk

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Send it!
Couple of tips
I used masking tape to make sure the badge is visually in line and level with the body before peeling off the 3m. Once that sets it is NOT going anywhere... I also drew a line off the door handle to keep it the same height. Small detail, but will look better than eyeballing it on the fender

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Flip them over and inspect. I did the same process what a pain!! Look them over from the front side as you will see them everyday walking past. Make sure you have no stranglers that will drive you. It’s everyday. I cut my tape at a 45 front the front side as to try to hide as much tape as I could. I used the templates that were available online even tho I took 25 minutes a side checking I think they still could be a little straighter. I’ll revisit them after my level/lift is installed. In really don’t want to tape them again but I may have to over the summer.

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can anyone recommend a good website to order a quality retro badge? OR which to avoid.

Thank you!

Sponsored
First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can anyone recommend a good website to order a quality retro badge? OR which to avoid.

Thank you!
The best quality badge you could get is a OEM replica from Jeff’s Bronco Graveyard. They require a little modification but from what I’ve gathered they’re pretty high quality.
I actually picked mine up on Amazon though. They weren’t really what I was expecting as they were only maybe 6” long and I wasn’t really a fan of the adhesive that came with them. They were made of metal though and they’ve held up well considering .

OP
OP
Tdub0527

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!
From my research on the forum, Bronco Depot was the gold standard. They have been shut down with a C&D from Ford. Sounds like other ok options have also suffered the same fate but didn’t have the quality reputation like Bronco Depot had.

I found random sellers on Etsy, Amazon, and EBay but they are buyer beware and quality was sketchy at best.

One other site I found was Badgeslide but I couldn’t find any concrete review of it and the website felt a little shady.

Hence I chose the most difficult route and modified the graveyard ones. More time intensive but kinda a fun project.

Basically, there isn’t a Gold Standard vendor anymore and with some work the Bronco Graveyard seems like the best bet.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got mine from Badgeslide and they look good, although I’ve not installed them yet.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you!
Never hurts to post here and see if anyone has an old Bronco Depot set they haven’t used. Thats how I got mine a few months ago, and they look perfect and we’re an easy instal.
Sponsored