Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When is your e
build expected to be completed?
Hopefully we will be out of Paint Shop Jail today. I suspect it will take a few more days. They have missed more than a few deadlines. The paint work was subbed out to another company. They have lost two employees and that has put them way behind. The plan is to publicly reveal at the Bronco Super Celebration in less than two weeks.
Sponsored

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully we will be out of Paint Shop Jail today. I suspect it will take a few more days. They have missed more than a few deadlines. The paint work was subbed out to another company. They have lost two employees and that has put them way behind. The plan is to publicly reveal at the Bronco Super Celebration in less than two weeks.
Hope it works out brother.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a great rendering to use for your vision, think many of us were originally looking for something similar, that paint scheme is great (I'd go diff colors, personally, but to each their own, but the pattern is great!)

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still in the paint shop as of 5 pm Friday, but it was in the paint booth baking. It goes back to Glasslife Monday. I should pick it up Wednesday.

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still in the paint shop as of 5 pm Friday, but it was in the paint booth baking. It goes back to Glasslife Monday. I should pick it up Wednesday.
Will B6G get a sneak peek before the public unveiling??

Sponsored
OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will B6G get a sneak peek before the public unveiling??
Potentially.

It's still in paint shop jail. (Again, not Glasslife holding me up, its the paint shop they contracted to do the paint work.) Now they are saying later this afternoon. I'm going to run myself ragged just to get it together in time for the Bronco show.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just found this thread. really excited to see the result. the jcr bumper light mods looks awesome too..

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We’ve all seen HodRods, RatRods, RestoMods, but…. ever seen mention of a RetroMod? This is what happens during a 20+ hour ride with your bride over a weekend. We have several amazing companies contributing to this to make it all happen. Lets see if they can turn our vision into a reality. A few have tried, I don’t think anyone has pulled this off yet to the degree we are shooting for.

RetroMod

/‘ret rō mäd/

adverb / noun The art of modifying a newer automobile that is imitative of a style, fashion, or design from the recent past with a modern flare: fashionably nostalgic or old-fashioned.

Lets RetroMod a new Bronco.

That’s a cool RetroMod.

This will be the build journal for my wife’s 2021 BadSquatch. We finally received this truck 2/2/22. We went straight from the dealer to our favorite trail system in the North Ga mountains. You couldn’t imagine the butt hurt we created on FB with an “aggressive creek crossing”. Hey, if we cant do Bronco stuff in our Bronco with our Bronco friends, we don’t want it.

She drove it for a few days before we sent it off to the folks at Glasslife Atlanta to work their magic. We found this inspiration photo long before we even ordered the Bronco. This is what we are trying to duplicate.

Ford Bronco RetroMod Bronco Build IMG_6163

From this to this in just over an hour.

We are going all in and painting the panels. I’ve heard that “Wraps are for people with commitment issues”. Let’s hope we don’t have regret issues! LOL

While waiting on the body shop, we have installed King 2.5” Coil Overs w/Adjustable Compression. We also added Baja Kits Billet Upper A-Arms. This was followed by adding polished Method Wheels with General Grabber 35” tires. Sure, 37’s would fit but we will get more articulation from the 35’s. This will NOT be a pavement princess. We intended to use this truck the way Ford intended us to use it.

Here is a sneak peak of the body panels in the paint booth. This is Wimbledon White and Antimatter Blue.

I will do my best to keep this post updated with progress reports and pictures.

We are currently waiting on several parts. Hopefully we will have the Baja Kits Billet Rear Control Arms real soon. Plus we have several pieces coming from the guys at JCR Offroad. Future updates will include auxiliary lighting, winch install and a rear seat delete. Plus the painted surfaces will be covered in xPel Stealth Paint Protection Film and a ceramic coating.

UPDATE 3/19/22 Still need to finish wet sanding and polishing the paint. (Post 71)

UPDATE 3/31/22. Another teaser shot from the paint shop. You can kind of see what we are doing with the top and the illusion of different body lines between the top and the front door area of the top. Initially we planned to use vynil, but instead I made some carbon fiber panels that are bonded to the top.

Nice, that was my third and favorite Bronco on the Island of Maui. Can't wait til the top and b pillars get painted.

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife’s initials are KC. So we had to use KC HiLiTES. You can’t get the old school yellow background light covers anymore, but my decal guy is hell with a printer.
Ford Bronco RetroMod Bronco Build 6E2E2983-6E16-4B87-9EC3-E5C245C84B5B

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife’s initials are KC. So we had to use KC HiLiTES. You can’t get the old school yellow background light covers anymore, but my decal guy is hell with a printer.
Ford Bronco RetroMod Bronco Build 6E2E2983-6E16-4B87-9EC3-E5C245C84B5B
Your build looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also like the GT350 behind it :D

truckatologist

Black Diamond
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr 7MT, on order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great! I love the illusion of the B pillar slant by painting part of the top black. I'm glad you didn't paint over the window as you posted earlier.
Sponsored