Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So initially I found this bumper and liked it because the spare tire is still centered.

I thought it was sketchy that they advertised the sensors "may not work" But when I found even more sketchy was that on their website I can't find a single picture of it actually opened.

Can one of you that have it post a picture with the tire swung open? Does it swing separately or is it always connected to the tailgate?

In addition, what I'm the most curious about is how they handle the wiring for the backup camera and tail light. I'm assuming the factory holder that mounts to the tailgate is just moved to their swing out or do you get rid of that (aka spare tire delete) and your spare, brake light, and camera all amount of some new fixture?
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well got the bumper on yesterday. Still need to finish up some wiring and some adjustments when it stops raining :sneaky: . Instructions leave a bit to be desired but definitely a quality system.

Really happy with it :cool: .

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier IMG_0423
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier IMG_0422

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So initially I found this bumper and liked it because the spare tire is still centered.

I thought it was sketchy that they advertised the sensors "may not work" But when I found even more sketchy was that on their website I can't find a single picture of it actually opened.

Can one of you that have it post a picture with the tire swung open? Does it swing separately or is it always connected to the tailgate?

In addition, what I'm the most curious about is how they handle the wiring for the backup camera and tail light. I'm assuming the factory holder that mounts to the tailgate is just moved to their swing out or do you get rid of that (aka spare tire delete) and your spare, brake light, and camera all amount of some new fixture?
It does not swing open, it attaches to the swing gate and they open as a single unit. Wiring just unplugs, but you need to modify some stock camera housing parts to insert into the new housing. May need to remove 3rd brake light unless you are ready with your spare tire size and make a new mount for it.

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

APG is using this rear bumper on their Broncos prorunner. If you can check their instagram account, I belive they have a 10 minute video from SEMA that is an entire vehicle walk around. They spend a minute of two towards the end of the video going over the rear bumper. I'd suggest giving that a look over or reaching out to them.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Also, the oem tire carrier is discarded and replaced with a steel piece that the tire carrier attaches to. You lose your oem 3rd brake light. You keep the oem rear camera mount but have to trim some tabs off it.

I like that the carrier settings open with the tailgate. Would be a hassle having to open it separately.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, the oem tire carrier is discarded and replaced with a steel piece that the tire carrier attaches to. You lose your oem 3rd brake light. You keep the oem rear camera mount but have to trim some tabs off it.

I like that the carrier settings open with the tailgate. Would be a hassle having to open it separately.
Yep. I like that it opens as a unit.

To keep the 3rd bake light you just need to make a couple modifications. I cut the wire as the plug won't go through the grommet & there is a lot of hockey tape to cut through. I didn't have a pin tool & didn't want to hold up my helper while I made one. I'll probably have to make a mount for it, but I will repurpose the factory light as much as I can once I get my spare tire & get it mounted :cool:.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep. I like that it opens as a unit.

To keep the 3rd bake light you just need to make a couple modifications. I cut the wire as the plug won't go through the grommet & there is a lot of hockey tape to cut through. I didn't have a pin tool & didn't want to hold up my helper while I made one. I'll probably have to make a mount for it, but I will repurpose the factory light as much as I can once I get my spare tire & get it mounted :cool:.
I went withthe oracle led ring for a 3rd brake light. Only way I saw to reuse the oem 3rd brake light involved drilling holes in the expy one piece.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went withthe oracle led ring for a 3rd brake light. Only way I saw to reuse the oem 3rd brake light involved drilling holes in the expy one piece.
That is what it's looking like; cut, drill & bend up a mount. Once I get my spare mounted up I'll know more of what it will take.

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is what it's looking like; cut, drill & bend up a mount. Once I get my spare mounted up I'll know more of what it will take.

Do you have any pictures of your setup?
Not currently. I'm out of town for the next week. Here's a pic but no lights on. I fixed my license plate to be proper shortly after this pic.
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 20221116_155235

Samsquanch75

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sasquatch 4dr, 2018 4Runner TRD OffRd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed mine about a week ago. Parking sensors work, backup cam works but was a pain to get out of factory housing, modified third brake light to work lastly the license plate bracket that came with is less than desirable. I ended up buying a DV8 license plate bracket that works great and has a light included, routed wiring thru tailgate along with all factory wiring. As for the bumper itself build quality seems really good, finish on the tire mounting brackets is not so great I’m already seeing rust form along two welds after one week of PNW weather. Also don’t bother ordering the Expo one Geri can and mount. They can only ship white and black cans to a US address and the can mounting points do not align with Rotopax mount points.
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier AEAF8843-1342-4E47-84CA-62B7EC4A3889
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier BE97B7BC-D68E-4A4A-992E-9A097709B8AE
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier C7BDF6EF-F744-4C72-B77F-E2011F88A349
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier E2F14E71-C1DF-44D6-B788-AE886F12F931
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 461D3970-8D1D-44A3-932B-C785390493A3
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 356E1DCD-644B-45A1-B887-BC74ECA10F2B
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier CC66875D-0950-4599-AFF7-6C769480FF54
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier FFEA4466-728B-436D-A097-81E0B593E26D
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier AE1A9E75-4EA7-4DA5-B0C2-4EBA9CBEAF75
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 93D93CCC-7479-4046-99DA-5F0487DE4F20
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier A89867B1-6885-49C9-9FB9-B6E674FBD994
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier 8E49BECA-290C-487A-971D-B2D0A7C4ECDE

Last edited:

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
......They can only ship white and black cans to a US address and the can mounting points do not align with Rotopax mount points......
When I bought my bumper set in 2009, they had on their website "fuel cans coming soon". I looked over the years and laughed every time. Hey its only been 14 years, soon is a relative term 'ya know.

I have both front and rear ordered for my Bronco, just 3ish more months! Scoured the internets for pics and videos. Very slim pickens for a Bronco with the set on them.
Here is a like to a video, should start at the 4:27 mark. Shows the prerunner and bull bar. RIght at 30 seconds of goodness.

Here is a pic of where I put a 4 gallon, worked great with the soft top, rested right above of the tailgate, would not work with a hardtop. Hoping I can do something similar with the Bronco.

If you got something against the photo, I'll tell you like I did my third wife....I had a life before you, deal with it.

Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier IMG_1981_edited

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My biggest question is how is the noise? Body and frame (bumper) move independently of each other and being attached to both doesn't seem ideal.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed mine about a week ago. Parking sensors work, backup cam works but was a pain to get out of factory housing, modified third brake light to work lastly the license plate bracket that came with is less than desirable. I ended up buying a DV8 license plate bracket that works great and has a light included, routed wiring thru tailgate along with all factory wiring. As for the bumper itself build quality seems really good, finish on the tire mounting brackets is not so great I’m already seeing rust form along two welds after one week of PNW weather. Also don’t bother ordering the Expo one Geri can and mount. They can only ship white and black cans to a US address and the can mounting points do not align with Rotopax mount points.
Ford Bronco Reviews wanted on Expedition One Rear bumper with tire carrier IMG_1981_edited
Nice mod to the 3rd brake light! Better than the rings, for sure... Unique!!! 🤞 🤞

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I find it ironic that they actually have pictures showing the brake light for this bumper. Borderline misleading/false advertising.

Glad you guys brought that up. I'll pass.
Sponsored