Sponsored

Rising gas Prices. Anyone Planning on EV or Hybrid as DD ?

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re the model citizen. Hard to care about gas prices when you cut out all the extra unnecessary bs from life.

lift heavy, buy ammo, drive a 4x4.

MERICA
speaking of which, planning on going back to the range soon, learned a few techniques to handlr shotgun recoil and wanna apply it
Sponsored

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

speaking of which, planning on going back to the range soon, learned a few techniques to handlr shotgun recoil and wanna apply it
practice makes perfect my friend. Probably a good time to stock up while there’s some availability

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

practice makes perfect my friend. Probably a good time to stock up while there’s some availability
only problem I got is I cant use my ammo at the one range, too small

still, definitely wanna improve, also wanna use my bullpup this time around

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People do this every time prices rise. You really have to do some math to figure out if an additional high MPG vehicle or replacement vehicle makes sense. Let's say you spend an additional $2,000 this year over last in fuel. That's pretty cheap in the long run compared to what you could spend to get a few better MPG.

I daily drove my V10 Ford Excursion through 4.75+ gas years ago getting 8 MPG without concern. I remember months spending $1,900/month on fuel. Drive what you love and can afford.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the Chevron down the street from my house (keep in mind, in CA, we don't get anything higher than 91 octane, so these prices are for 87, 89 and 91):
I've been working from home for about a year and a half, but now that things are getting better with Covid, my employer recently announced the return-to-office strategy. starting in May, I'll need to be in the office 3 days a week. It's 40 miles round trip each day I go to the office - this will add up quick if these gas prices remain at this level. I don't have a Bronco yet, but I do drive a 2021 ZR2 Bison, which gets similar gas mileage. If I set the cruise control at 60 on the highway, I can get 22mpg on the highway.. my overall average if I baby it, is about 17mpg

Ford Bronco Rising gas Prices. Anyone Planning on EV or Hybrid as DD ? Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 10.50.17 AM

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you have a long commute but do have a reliable vehicle, it doesn't make any sense to change out to a hybrid or electric just for the gas savings. When my wife's car comes due for replacement (6yrs old now so it will be a bit), then we'll go full electric or at least a plug in hybrid for her. Maybe by that time my Bronco will be scheduled for production.
You are right the numbers just don't work. The depreciation loss,the new vehicle cost, taxes and so on are more than the gas savings.

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope! Still daily driving mine at 14 MPG avg :')

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I daily drove my V10 Ford Excursion through 4.75+ gas years ago getting 8 MPG without concern. I remember months spending $1,900/month on fuel. Drive what you love and can afford.
I don't care how rich I am, burning $20,000 if fuel a year to drive a vehicle is just out of my realm of reality and responsibility. I have may other vehicles I can enjoy for much less money. But, hey, good for you.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might get one of the new VW iD Buzz microbuses if they are a decent price. I work at a nuclear power plant and we have installed a bunch of charging stations. I could essentially drive to work with no fuel cost. That would be the only reason I would consider it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nah, I can buy a bunch of gas for the price of an EV that I really don't want anyway.

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nah, I can buy a bunch of gas for the price of an EV that I really don't want anyway.
That's typical.

"I can afford do drive a vehicle that gets shit mpg, so I'm cool."

Unfortunately, as supply and demand economics work, you just fucked over the person who struggles to fill his beater Honda Civic to get to work to feed his family.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's typical.

Unfortunately, as supply and demand economics work, you just fucked over the person who struggles to fill his beater Honda Civic to get to work to feed his family.
That sounds like a them problem, not a me problem.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's typical.

Dayum, you nailed me. I hate everyone, and don't care who knows it. Jeeze man, grow up, and get a grip. I don't need some kind of social warrior telling me what to drive, and how to live. I worked damn hard for my money, and I'll spend it any way I want.

BTW, do you realize that the Broncos don't get good gas mileage? If you do, why are you even buying one?

Last edited:

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dayum, you nailed me. I hate everyone, and don't care who knows it. Jeeze man, grow up, and get a grip. I don't need some kind of social warrior telling me what to drive, and how to live. I worked damn hard for my money, and I'll spend any way I want.
LOL the guy with the Ukrainian flag.

Putin much? Sounds like him.
Sponsored