Sponsored

Rock chips from upgrading to larger wheels / tires ?

Miltyflo

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone who bought an outer banks base and added larger tires and rims to compete with the Sas have issues with rock chips? I believe the fender flares on the Sas package are wider to accommodate this.
Sponsored

BVDonkey

Outer Banks
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ArkValleyHomes.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr OBX - F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes. I have an OBX with just Badlands wheels/tires takeoffs and the rock throwing is unreal. I added mudflaps, which have helped immensely, but my rear fenders are simply getting thrashed even with after installing the mudflaps. I took these photos today after a wash, currently at 2,700 miles.
Not sure there is any way around it really, just comes with the territory it seems.
Ford Bronco Rock chips from upgrading to larger wheels / tires ? 20230401_190853
Ford Bronco Rock chips from upgrading to larger wheels / tires ? 20230401_190832

Last edited:

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes. I have an OBX with just Badlands wheels/tires takeoffs and the rock throwing is unreal. I added mudflaps which have helped immensely but my rear fenders are simply getting thrashed even with after installing the mudflaps. I took these photos today after a wash, currently at 2,700 miles.
Not sure there is any around it really, just comes with the territory it seems.
Ford Bronco Rock chips from upgrading to larger wheels / tires ? 20230401_190832
What kind of mudflaps. I have Gatorbacks and they have worked amazing. Also you can PPF for added protection. I also have full side boards which also block. Running the IAG full side. Flaps and running boards should be no chips flaps are as wide as the tread.

BVDonkey

Outer Banks
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ArkValleyHomes.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr OBX - F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What kind of mudflaps. I have Gatorbacks and they have worked amazing. Also you can PPF for added protection. I also have full side boards which also block. Running the IAG full side. Flaps and running boards should be no chips flaps are as wide as the tread.
Yeah, it’s going in for ppf soon, should have done it sooner considering I have a gravel driveway. Oh well, Lesson learned. I have the ford “Splash Guards” which do great job of keeping the rocks off the body and windows, just not the rear fenders. I took off my oem tube steps off to be able to fit the Mudflaps, and it turns out I just don’t like the steps. They are being replaced with the oem rock rails, but I doubt those will provide any protection from thrown rocks.
Sponsored