Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do frame bolted rock sliders require drilling or do they take advantage of existing holes? I'm new to this so assume I know nothing. Because I do.
Usually use existing holes or are designed to be welded on.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Usually use existing holes or are designed to be welded on.
That was my other question. What are the pros and cons of welding? Does it always make it stronger to weld? I can think of a con that you cannot easily remove it.

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was my other question. What are the pros and cons of welding? Does it always make it stronger to weld? I can think of a con that you cannot easily remove it.
Depends on the design wether welding makes it stronger, but it usually does. Most people can’t weld themselves though, so bolt on makes more sense from the production standpoint. Most bolt ons are plenty strong. A few are pretty flimsy though. You’ll notice the difference when you start looking at several different kinds.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on the design wether welding makes it stronger, but it usually does. Most people can’t weld themselves though, so bolt on makes more sense from the production standpoint. Most bolt ons are plenty strong. A few are pretty flimsy though. You’ll notice the difference when you start looking at several different kinds.
Thanks for the advice. Without seeing them in person I doubt I can trust myself to choose on that's strong though. Any brands you trust or maybe I'll just post on here asking everyone once the aftermarket starts selling them!

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the advice. Without seeing them in person I doubt I can trust myself to choose on that's strong though. Any brands you trust or maybe I'll just post on here asking everyone once the aftermarket starts selling them!
Brands of sliders are like tires. We all think ours are best.
I have only used SOS Concepts and love them. They will be making them for the Bronco and I hope to have one of the first sets. Lots of good brands, but I do like the smaller fabricator shops for quality work.

Sponsored

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do frame bolted rock sliders require drilling or do they take advantage of existing holes? I'm new to this so assume I know nothing. Because I do.
That will all depend on what is available on the frame. I could load up a long post with a bunch of different examples but toKeep it short, if possible, we will be doing all bolt on with no modifications.

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

another conis that OEM’s typically don’t like to see “permanent” modifications to the frame.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
another conis that OEM’s typically don’t like to see “permanent” modifications to the frame.
They don't like it and I'm assuming you mean that it matters that they don't like it for warranty related issues? Or is there another reason? I could also see an insurance company not liking it if you're in a bad wreck.

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They don't like it and I'm assuming you mean that it matters that they don't like it for warranty related issues? Or is there another reason? I could also see an insurance company not liking it if you're in a bad wreck.
all correct. If you look around I believe you would find stories of Toyota denying warranty claims On their frame recalls from weld on sliders.

I believe that’s one of the modifications that you just have to take ownership of off you’re going to do it.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
all correct. If you look around I believe you would find stories of Toyota denying warranty claims On their frame recalls from weld on sliders.

I believe that’s one of the modifications that you just have to take ownership of off you’re going to do it.
Do you mean welded sliders or bolt on?

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since we are talking about rock rails, these were on the sema build. Has anybody seen these in the Ford accessories or it going to be aftermarket only sorta thing?

Screenshot_20210223-224806_Google.jpg

ryansbronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f3506.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Body attached would be surprising, wouldn’t it? I took that screenshot from the video posted earlier, isn’t that a mounting on the frame?
Ford Bronco Rock Rails Screenshot_20210223-224806_Google
Nope. I zoomed in and it fall short of the frame. Its like its mated to a reinforced body bracket

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Manufacturing some good bolt on sliders is the first thing on my list for upgrades. Second will be HD skid plates that can handle landing on rocks.
Roger that, my son is waiting on my Bronco as much as I am...as a fabricator, he plans on coming up with several upgrades for me...can't wait!