First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The wiring is a piece of cake, the interior trim panels pop-off easy and you can fish it thru with a stiff wire between the doors and up under the dash and yes there is a bracket for the supplied switch (you want to use the supplied switch so it is on all the time the aux switches are only on when key is on) as far as the step sliders themselves you will need help or a jack to hold them up till you get the bolts started ( I have a lift in my garage and used a transmission jack to line them up) but they are really not that heavy and with and extra hand or two it shouldn't be a problem.
All the hardware comes with the set and the whole experience from the packaging, shipping, materials, wiring, hardware and the instructions is all first Class, and the end result is awesome the fitment and the operation of the steps are perfect.
Nice write up. Thanks for sharing. I’m very much on the fence about doing the install myself.
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wiring is a piece of cake, the interior trim panels pop-off easy and you can fish it thru with a stiff wire between the doors and up under the dash and yes there is a bracket for the supplied switch (you want to use the supplied switch so it is on all the time the aux switches are only on when key is on) as far as the step sliders themselves you will need help or a jack to hold them up till you get the bolts started ( I have a lift in my garage and used a transmission jack to line them up) but they are really not that heavy and with and extra hand or two it shouldn't be a problem.
All the hardware comes with the set and the whole experience from the packaging, shipping, materials, wiring, hardware and the instructions is all first Class, and the end result is awesome the fitment and the operation of the steps are perfect.
Thank you for the info. I am considering mounting the switch inside the engine bay since it will not be used that often. Do you see any major drawbacks that I have overlooked if I do this?

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the info. I am considering mounting the switch inside the engine bay since it will not be used that often. Do you see any major drawbacks that I have overlooked if I do this?
Like I said before the switch has a bracket that mounts with an existing bolt and is in the corner out of your way, and there are times when you might want to disable it and I personally like the easy access.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet. I'm glad to hear the install wasn't too bad. And good point about the aux switches.

By the way, what mudflaps do you have? That is definitely on my list and I'm glad they work with these slider steps. I have a BL SAS on order and knew I wasn't going to keep the stock sliders so I didn't want to get mudflaps that are cut out around them.
Don't have any mud flaps yet but I did get the goodyears off my Bronco before they caused to much damage.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Where did y’all order these from? Thinking about ordering a set for our 2dr

Sponsored

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have this and love them -also recommend the rock slide protection covers for off road hides the bolt hardware make perfectly smooth under so you will not destroy bolts on rocks

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"...you want to use the supplied switch so it is on all the time the aux switches are only on when key is on.)
I'm planning on integrating as much of the step wiring harness as I can into the factory switches and sensors.

For the disable switch, I'm thinking of using a normally closed relay to supply the 12v "on" signal to the steps instead of the supplied switch. This relay can then be powered by one of the aux switches, which will open the circuit (turn the steps "off") as needed. For maintenance, pulling the fuse will be my go-to.

Still mulling ideas for using the built-in door triggers too. This problem has lots of hurdles, and is not so simple.

NTBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does any one have issue with the fact that they seem short on the front by about three inches ?. I wrote to them and they said that it was because the body was "weird" I stated that in their instructions manual the picture shows a full slider to the fender in front. I asked why couldn't they just extend the metal forward to close that gap. would decrease splatter from wheels. Jeeps sliders are made that long. They did not respond. Just asking....

NTBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep goes all the way bronco short see pics

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 6.34.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 6.33.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 6.32.43 PM.png

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does any one have issue with the fact that they seem short on the front by about three inches ?. I wrote to them and they said that it was because the body was "weird" I stated that in their instructions manual the picture shows a full slider to the fender in front. I asked why couldn't they just extend the metal forward to close that gap. would decrease splatter from wheels. Jeeps sliders are made that long. They did not respond. Just asking....
It’s one of the main reasons I went with AR’s steps. My OCD wouldn’t allow me to enjoy these