Sponsored

Rockslide Engineering Steps - GROUP BUY has started!

OP
OP
Doetsch Off-Road

Doetsch Off-Road

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4dr, 2021 Wildtrak, 2021 Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just shipped 5more from Feb
Sponsored

NTBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I. would extend it and then rubber fill or caulk the space . or joint venture with advance fiberglass to add an overlay piece to extend the flare. the space they are talking about would only be visible from looking down on it. as it stands does not look great.
the diagram shows it full looks better. and would decrease splatter.
Ford Bronco Rockslide Engineering Steps - GROUP BUY has started! Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 6.28.49 PM

Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine shipped from Utah on Wednesday and received them today (Fri.), excited to have something to work on.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the official reason of why the step stops where it does is below. RSE is a great company who is always open to suggestions, and if anyone here has an idea that could be implemented for future revisions of this step...please share.

" So we originally ran it out like you would think cosmetically it should be. When we do that there is a gap where the body falls away and it is very visible and it doesn't look right at all . We decided to follow the body line when the body fell away into the fender. I know that is the reason now whether there is a better approach or fix, I'm all ears. That end cap is at the same angle that the body falls away from the vehicle. Send any suggestions and we will see what engineering says "
I can think of two solutions for the cosmetic aspect of the short boards and the ugly recess in front. I may 3D Print or machine a piece myself if RSE doesn't take the initiative:

1) Because of the recessed portion, it would be pretty simple to print/mold/machine a well designed nose piece that can be securely attached to the front of the board.

2) The area where the nose piece would go is also prime real estate for much-needed Sasquatch splash guards. If that nose piece was designed to angle up and seal at the flare, i would buy it in a heartbeat. I think it would look slick too.

TXArea51

Big Bend
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can think of two solutions for the cosmetic aspect of the short boards and the ugly recess in front. I may 3D Print or machine a piece myself if RSE doesn't take the initiative:

1) Because of the recessed portion, it would be pretty simple to print/mold/machine a well designed nose piece that can be securely attached to the front of the board.

2) The area where the nose piece would go is also prime real estate for much-needed Sasquatch splash guards. If that nose piece was designed to angle up and seal at the flare, i would buy it in a heartbeat. I think it would look slick too.
If you 3D print keep me updated maybe get some from you

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you 3D print keep me updated maybe get some from you
I just installed the slide steps and am looking at options... I'm personally leaning away from 3D printing as I would (personally) want ABS filament and I don't have a heated enclosure yet. Everything I print in PLA seems too brittle and cheap looking for this, and it would be a long print just for that result. I was also looking at Blocks of plastic to machine a piece, but that would be a couple hundred bucks in material.

For now, I'm heavily considering just getting some thermoplastic ABS sheets and bending something that connects the flare, blocks the gap, then connects to & hides the front of the sliders.

jdnbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just installed the slide steps and am looking at options... I'm personally leaning away from 3D printing as I would (personally) want ABS filament and I don't have a heated enclosure yet. Everything I print in PLA seems too brittle and cheap looking for this, and it would be a long print just for that result. I was also looking at Blocks of plastic to machine a piece, but that would be a couple hundred bucks in material.

For now, I'm heavily considering just getting some thermoplastic ABS sheets and bending something that connects the flare, blocks the gap, then connects to & hides the front of the sliders.
I like your idea and look forward to the results.

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Placed my order 3/11. Can you provide an ETA? I've sent a couple emails w/no reply. Thanks.

OP
OP
Doetsch Off-Road

Doetsch Off-Road

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com