Sponsored

Rockslide Engineering Steps - GROUP BUY has started!

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any more info on closing he gap on the short rails at the front wheel?

Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine been sitting in the garage for over a year and finally got to install them last Sunday. Spent the whole day but could greatly reduce the time doing it the second time. I still need to put on the lights but I don't think that will take long. I was amazed how beefy this setup is. Compared to the factory rails, its a night and day difference.

A couple of things though. It appears that I received the wrong grommet that goes in the floor. Mine is just a rubber ring and it looks like I should have gotten a solid one. Anyone else get the wrong one?

I think these steps really help getting in the Bronco but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get out of it. Every way I've tried seem awkward or my leg/pants rub on the upper black portion which will either have mud or salt all over it at some point. Just doesn't feel natural any way I do it.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine been sitting in the garage for over a year and finally got to install them last Sunday. Spent the whole day but could greatly reduce the time doing it the second time. I still need to put on the lights but I don't think that will take long. I was amazed how beefy this setup is. Compared to the factory rails, its a night and day difference.

A couple of things though. It appears that I received the wrong grommet that goes in the floor. Mine is just a rubber ring and it looks like I should have gotten a solid one. Anyone else get the wrong one?

I think these steps really help getting in the Bronco but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get out of it. Every way I've tried seem awkward or my leg/pants rub on the upper black portion which will either have mud or salt all over it at some point. Just doesn't feel natural any way I do it.
Yeah that was common on the first batch. I emailed their support and they sent the correct grommets out immediately.

I have a leveled badlands and the stup up is perfect for me ... Only problem is if they ever break or get stuck closed, they will be awkward to climb over.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was part of an early group buy purchase and while waiting for my bronco, I saw a lot of other sliders coming out. I was contemplating if I made a mistake with the early purchase, but when I finally got my bronco I was very happy after installing the RSE sliders. Each time the door opens for my passengers or myself, I know I made the right choice. Also when I look at how other sliders mount, I feel so much better about how the front and rear mounts use the frame to body mount points.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have any issues with noise / play in these? I installed mine and immediately noticed the drivers side was much louder when closing, I also noticed that when down the drivers side has play side to side and from to back but the passenger side is solid with no play at all. I found one of the internal brackets holding the rear pivot arm to be loose but even after tightening the bolts there is still play and the noise is the same. Any adjustments that would fix this or did I get a defective unit?

If you watch towards the end of the video you can see the bracket move but like I said I tighten that and the movement is still there.

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have any issues with noise / play in these? I installed mine and immediately noticed the drivers side was much louder when closing, I also noticed that when down the drivers side has play side to side and from to back but the passenger side is solid with no play at all. I found one of the internal brackets holding the rear pivot arm to be loose but even after tightening the bolts there is still play and the noise is the same. Any adjustments that would fix this or did I get a defective unit?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhjj023aygh2cav/IMG_8504.MOV?dl=0
I have been using them for six months, mine both have a little play. I wouldn't call that defective, just the way they are made. As far as the clink when it closes, some of the motors seem to be stronger than others and retract the step with more gusto. If it bothers you give them a call and they will send you these little plastic gussets that go on the metal cross members up inside the housing so when the step rises, the arms come to rest against the plastic/rubber gusset rather than having the metal on metal clank. That being said, what you are experiencing is not a defect, just a function of how these 75 pound metal on metal steps operate. Their techs are very good at trouble shooting with you and willing to help.

Sponsored

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhjj023aygh2cav/IMG_8504.MOV?dl=0
I was just about to contact RSE with a similar issue. My passenger side step has some front to back movement where the driver side is rock solid. I was wondering if there was some adjustment that could be made.

I also wanted their advice for a completely different issue. My driver side has developed a very loud creak noise when I step on it. Very annoying. I know it isn't the step itself but curious what I can do to eliminate the noise. Do I have bolts too tight? Not tight enough? In this video it is in my garage which amplifies the sound.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just about to contact RSE with a similar issue. My passenger side step has some front to back movement where the driver side is rock solid. I was wondering if there was some adjustment that could be made.

I also wanted their advice for a completely different issue. My driver side has developed a very loud creak noise when I step on it. Very annoying. I know it isn't the step itself but curious what I can do to eliminate the noise. Do I have bolts too tight? Not tight enough? In this video it is in my garage which amplifies the sound.
Exactly the same issue.... Has to be a fix for this, it can't be normal. I could see if they all did this but with one being perfect I know it's not. I'm calling RSE tomorrow and report back what they say.

The creeping noise seems like the brackets may not be tight enough. I'm sure you checked that but from the video that's what I would check

Last edited:

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to check the brackets again. Was under it the other day tightening things because that is what I thought but didn't seem to help. And I'm not getting that noise on the passenger side or even when I set on the back of the driver step

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to report RSE does not mess around and were very responsive to my email and it looks like one of mine might have an internal problem so they are sending out a replacement! (y) I will report back once I replace the step but so far I am extremely happy with both Doetsch Off Road and Rock Slide Engineering

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree on the service. They already responded back. Sending out shims for the play in my passenger set.
Sponsored