First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My first shift into 4L was a failed shift. Wouldn't go in, and shifting out of neutral resulted in rapid clanking sounds from it being partially engaged. Threw it in N, turned off the motor. Moved to park, moved forward a foot, tried again, success.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea it probably is in my case. I Like the above comment about some heavy machinery very accurate.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok.... someone has to say it.....

You wouldn't have this issue with a MT. ;)
Watched a jeep wheeling with a manual...it looked terrible and zero fun. I cruised right up and over with my slushbox.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there! Can you please send over a private message with your VIN? We would like to look into this for you on our end.
do you want his vin so you
Can check to see if he has a bad 2.7 liter that was built with the bad brittle valves we been hearing about. There’s been forum members with dropped valves in there 2.7 liter engine

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there! Can you please send over a private message with your VIN? We would like to look into this for you on our end.
If you talk to mike Levine can you guys ask why fords qaulity controle has been not so great lately people are still receiving Broncos with questionable tops and other issues

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Another automatic trans failure thread. What a disaster. Those transmissions should be outlawed. Unsafe at any speed.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on trails, so loose ground the whole time (dry/dusty mostly, with some mud and rock, Windrock trails 11, G6, 22, 25, 26).
Just caught this part. I have been looking into going to Windrock. Other than these issues how did it handle it? I did Beasley Knob OHV in N GA this past weekend and had a blast.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would wife proof my Bronco also, but sadly, I wanted the 2.7 Sasquatch and Lux, all of which eliminated it as an option :(
VIN? I would like to look at your VHR data to see if there are any codes popping in the background.

OP
OP

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just caught this part. I have been looking into going to Windrock. Other than these issues how did it handle it? I did Beasley Knob OHV in N GA this past weekend and had a blast.
It did great. I'm just waiting for the photos to be emailed to me and I'll post a writeup on it all.

Windrock can go from tame to intense really quick, there is everything there from mild gravel roads to stuff you want 40s and a crawler for. The stuff we did was more on the blue side of things, with a few rock ledges/features, muddy descents/climbs, and so forth, but nothing over the top. I felt it did well, but I don't really have context since I'm so new to it, the guy I was with seemed really impressed with how it did, though.

Just get used to hitting your control arm mount, they had the good sense to reinforce it and put a little skid plate on it, but you'll hit it A LOT.

I got the annual pass and will be back, if you make your way up there lemme know, may be able to meet you out there. I've only done the trails listed, though.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just a random thought. Have you ben shifting into neutral before selecting 4L? I have never had a vehicle with crawler range that did not require being in neutral in order to select low range since it is not something that should be done at speed. In and out of 2/4H can be done at full highway speeds

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It did great. I'm just waiting for the photos to be emailed to me and I'll post a writeup on it all.

Windrock can go from tame to intense really quick, there is everything there from mild gravel roads to stuff you want 40s and a crawler for. The stuff we did was more on the blue side of things, with a few rock ledges/features, muddy descents/climbs, and so forth, but nothing over the top. I felt it did well, but I don't really have context since I'm so new to it, the guy I was with seemed really impressed with how it did, though.

Just get used to hitting your control arm mount, they had the good sense to reinforce it and put a little skid plate on it, but you'll hit it A LOT.

I got the annual pass and will be back, if you make your way up there lemme know, may be able to meet you out there. I've only done the trails listed, though.
Sounds awesome, and yea my control arms mounts are already beat up a little bit. I will reach out when I plan my trip up.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, the first time or two I went into 4L it was definitely "odd" feeling compared to my past 4x4s. I had also gone to manual shifting in 4L when negotiating obstacles, as it likes to shift up (or down) at inopportune moments. Even though I didn't think I would use them, the GOAT modes do seem to really accurately change the throttle and transmission mapping and let the auto work pretty well in "auto". At Off-Roadeo I didn't really get the same feel ever and now that I have some miles and seat time, I also haven't had the same weird 4L engagement "feel".
Sponsored