First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 Platinum, 2019 Edge ST, 2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same problem, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak. I finally changed the order that 2nd to last bracket went on and I had to grind it slightly for clearance. It took some time to figure it out, but it worked great. I love my sliders and really like the steps.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You should probably just suck it up and pay the $600. Best of luck to you.
I am along this route too - if you canā€™t get it yourselfā€¦.

You didnā€™t have to pay for the steps, and they are worth much more than $600. I would jump at the opportunity to get RSEā€™s ā€” half installed at that! ā€” for just $600

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used 4 Wheel Parts to install mine. They also fixed the sliders for a friend of mine. There was a faulty open/close switch on his. 4WheelParts has experience in these sliders (they sell them) and have locations around the country.

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So recently, I was gifted a set of RSE step sliders that came off of a family friend's Bronco. They decided to trade in their WildTrak for a Raptor R. I definitely could not stomach spending 2k+ on a set of side steps, so I was obviously ecstatic (and I still am grateful) that I was gifted the steps. They had the dealer remove them from their WT, but obviously, they didn't do an amazing job. I had multiple items like the spacer brackets, various nuts and bolts, etc... I was able to pick up most of these at my local hardware store and I called RSE to order a set of spacer brackets and new door magnets (the stick-on the old ones were pretty worn out)

So, about two weeks ago, I started installing everything. I ran the wiring through and mounted the step switch. I then made sure to mount each bracket in its correct orientation and mounted the driver's side step. Easy. I tightened each piece of hardware and called it a night.

The next morning, I started working on the passenger step. I replicated the bracket placement from the driver's side onto the passenger side. However, upon getting ready to mount the passenger step, I ran into some trouble. For some reason, I can't get all of the brackets to remain in place while also getting the pinch welds to stick through. I posted a thread on the forum when I ran into this. I got a few helpful tips and tricks, but I simply couldn't get the step to mount. It is so odd, because I was able to get the driver side mounted no problem, with each bracket in its correct spot and orientation. I even watch countless install videos from motoroso and others just to make sure I was on the right track.

Eventually, I decided to just give up and call to ask around if any local installers could help me out. First, I called TC customs in Bessemer, Alabama. I've been a big fan of their YouTube channel, and have even had them install a Procal tune that I had ordered and brought in from Lethal Performance. When I called and told them that I only needed one side step to be mounted, there would be no wiring required. The guy on the phone told me that they "don't install third party items." Weirdly enough, they sell RSE side steps and will install them. But when I asked, he said they don't install products that are brought in by a customer. I found that really odd considering they were willing to install my tune that was not in a sealed box...and will also install wheels and tires provided by a customer...Regardless, I'm not here to argue on shop policy.

Instead, I called my local shop in Kentucky, KP Customs. I've never used them before, but based on the 4.9/5 stars I figured it couldn't hurt. Low and behold I'm told that the install of ONE STEP, not wiring or installing door sensors, is an eye watering 600 dollars?? I mean what the hell, I might as well bend over and start throwing it back for them too! Like, is this normal?? I've always installed stuff and worked on my own cars, so going to a customs/offroad shop is first for me, but I feel like this is insane. If this is normal, please let me know.

Anyways, my Christmas Break is almost over so time is running out to finish up putting the car back together. So, I need some advice: Do I pay the $600 or look for another installer in Birmingham? Is anyone near that would be willing to help for less than 600? (much less than 600 :)))

If anyone has any advice please let me know.

IMG_0032.PNG

IMG_FFA4C808018C-1.jpeg

IMG_0038.jpg
For what it's worth, I had Elite Tire & Service install my RSE step sliders. I ordered directly from RSE and had them drop shipped to Elite for the install. It might be worth a call to Jeff or Caleb there to see if they would be willing to help you out.
https://www.elitetireandservice.com/Auto-Repair

If you do talk to them you can mention that they did the install on my white 2021 4 door. They may recall doing the work about 6 months ago. We also had a faulty wiring harness that RSE had to send out a replacement to them.

They are located at
2412 3rd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So recently, I was gifted a set of RSE step sliders that came off of a family friend's Bronco. They decided to trade in their WildTrak for a Raptor R. I definitely could not stomach spending 2k+ on a set of side steps, so I was obviously ecstatic (and I still am grateful) that I was gifted the steps. They had the dealer remove them from their WT, but obviously, they didn't do an amazing job. I had multiple items like the spacer brackets, various nuts and bolts, etc... I was able to pick up most of these at my local hardware store and I called RSE to order a set of spacer brackets and new door magnets (the stick-on the old ones were pretty worn out)

So, about two weeks ago, I started installing everything. I ran the wiring through and mounted the step switch. I then made sure to mount each bracket in its correct orientation and mounted the driver's side step. Easy. I tightened each piece of hardware and called it a night.

The next morning, I started working on the passenger step. I replicated the bracket placement from the driver's side onto the passenger side. However, upon getting ready to mount the passenger step, I ran into some trouble. For some reason, I can't get all of the brackets to remain in place while also getting the pinch welds to stick through. I posted a thread on the forum when I ran into this. I got a few helpful tips and tricks, but I simply couldn't get the step to mount. It is so odd, because I was able to get the driver side mounted no problem, with each bracket in its correct spot and orientation. I even watch countless install videos from motoroso and others just to make sure I was on the right track.

Eventually, I decided to just give up and call to ask around if any local installers could help me out. First, I called TC customs in Bessemer, Alabama. I've been a big fan of their YouTube channel, and have even had them install a Procal tune that I had ordered and brought in from Lethal Performance. When I called and told them that I only needed one side step to be mounted, there would be no wiring required. The guy on the phone told me that they "don't install third party items." Weirdly enough, they sell RSE side steps and will install them. But when I asked, he said they don't install products that are brought in by a customer. I found that really odd considering they were willing to install my tune that was not in a sealed box...and will also install wheels and tires provided by a customer...Regardless, I'm not here to argue on shop policy.

Instead, I called my local shop in Kentucky, KP Customs. I've never used them before, but based on the 4.9/5 stars I figured it couldn't hurt. Low and behold I'm told that the install of ONE STEP, not wiring or installing door sensors, is an eye watering 600 dollars?? I mean what the hell, I might as well bend over and start throwing it back for them too! Like, is this normal?? I've always installed stuff and worked on my own cars, so going to a customs/offroad shop is first for me, but I feel like this is insane. If this is normal, please let me know.

Anyways, my Christmas Break is almost over so time is running out to finish up putting the car back together. So, I need some advice: Do I pay the $600 or look for another installer in Birmingham? Is anyone near that would be willing to help for less than 600? (much less than 600 :)))

If anyone has any advice please let me know.

IMG_0032.PNG

IMG_FFA4C808018C-1.jpeg

IMG_0038.jpg
Hi, Richard here.. I have installed three sets of these RSE steps.. Two of the sets I finished this last month.. Still have the scare on my face from the crow bar slipping while trying to get a bracket lined up..
the Trick is to get the steps started by putting the brackets at the front and back body bolts.. Try a dry run with setting the step threads in the rocker seam.. keeping the step supported ( two jacks help) then start sliding brackets in.. these brackets are not perfect set to set and it takes some wrangling.. Import thing is to get the bolts 13mm started on bottom of step.. Push slightly into the seam to then allow the slots on the brackets to align the 15mm bolts to under body.. It is amazing that each set I put in one slide didnā€™t want to align .. Iā€™m a retired aerospace engine .. Iā€™ll work on something til it get done.. Hence the crow bar to my cheek šŸ˜‚
Sponsored