Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the title suggest I installed the RTR grille today and after everything was said and done it now appears the auto headlamp position no longer functions, has anyone else that’s installed the grille run into this issue?
Ford Bronco RTR grille auto headlights not working now 1DC0ECEC-4E13-4A08-8659-E58995FE782D

When in the auto position headlights are dead, no light no running lights, nothing. If I move the switch to running lights or headlights it works so just didn’t know if something was a miss.
I am reaching out to @RTR Vehicles but it’s the weekend so figured I’d ask the forum as well.
Sponsored

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you checked the RTR supplied wiring harness to see if the connections are solid as well as in the right order? When I installed mine, I made sure the shortest connectors were joined with the headlight assembly, and the connector with the most slack went with the Ford connection point.

So far I’m still trying to figure out if/why the signature DRLs that I can see plain as day in mid day are not also causing the accent lights on the grill to also be on.

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you checked the RTR supplied wiring harness to see if the connections are solid as well as in the right order? When I installed mine, I made sure the shortest connectors were joined with the headlight assembly, and the connector with the most slack went with the Ford connection point.

So far I’m still trying to figure out if/why the signature DRLs that I can see plain as day in mid day are not also causing the accent lights on the grill to also be on.
Im not entirely sure what you mean with them being installed in the right order. Unless I’m not remembering correctly they can only be installed one way. Vehicle harness plugs into RTR Harness and will only fit one plug, and then the other plug goes into the headlight assembly.
I’m hoping to hear back from RTR before doing too much messing around with it, and I’m going to double check the auto headlamp fuse under the dash tomorrow juuuuuust incase something popped.
After the fuse check I’m also going to remove the battery for a couple minutes and let’s things reset and see if there’s just a glitch in the matrix.

If those two steps fail then I’ll go through the process of taking the wheels off and fender well’s completely out to provide the most space to assess all the electrical connections. I want to check the number of wires the vehicle harness has and make sure the RTR Harness has the same wires, and they all are seated firmly.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@DocFuller first off, glad to see another FORD x RTR Grille out there!

I‘m going to look into this later, but I was wondering if that’s an OEM Safari Bar on the front or if it’s another brand? If OEM, do you not have any rubbage between the bar and grille (from road vibrations)? I had this issue and that was without installing the RTR emblem, which the Safari Bar would have definitively rested on.

I ended up replacmy OEM Safari Bar with the DV8 Bull Bar and had to buy another RTR center bar for that very reason so I’m curious.

Ford Bronco RTR grille auto headlights not working now 176647F9-01A0-4A08-BD74-9A2648ACFE35

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@DocFuller first off, glad to see another FORD x RTR Grille out there!

I‘m going to look into this later, but I was wondering if that’s an OEM Safari Bar on the front or if it’s another brand? If OEM, do you not have any rubbage between the bar and grille (from road vibrations)? I had this issue and that was without installing the RTR emblem, which the Safari Bar would have definitively rested on.

I ended up replacmy OEM Safari Bar with the DV8 Bull Bar and had to buy another RTR center bar for that very reason so I’m curious.

Ford Bronco RTR grille auto headlights not working now 176647F9-01A0-4A08-BD74-9A2648ACFE35
Do you have any issues with your DRLs not coming on during the day since the swap?

I have the OEM safari bar and will have to go checkfor rubbage but I dont think so. I also haven’t installed the Rtr logo yet. I’m waiting for a couple ideas to get to the house sominhavensome symmetry going on haha

Sponsored

Kenith

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish RTR would bring these back in stock, no luck finding any

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have noticed on mine that the daytime running lights only switch on when put into gear when set on auto. Not sure if this affects what your experiencing or not. Very nice to see others with this awesome setup. I have the JCR Pre-runner bar and it DOES rub a bit on the grill, but not enough to bug me.
Ford Bronco RTR grille auto headlights not working now IMG_0456

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have noticed on mine that the daytime running lights only switch on when put into gear when set on auto. Not sure if this affects what your experiencing or not.
Came here to say this. Are you checking the vehicles DRLs while in Park? Try against a glass pane/window of a building, in neutral or in gear with the Parking brake set.

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have noticed on mine that the daytime running lights only switch on when put into gear when set on auto. Not sure if this affects what your experiencing or not. Very nice to see others with this awesome setup. I have the JCR Pre-runner bar and it DOES rub a bit on the grill, but not enough to bug me.
Ford Bronco RTR grille auto headlights not working now IMG_0456

So I’m an idiot haha, my drls do come on when in gear, but the light on the dash doesn’t illuminate. I did some research and found a few people that ran into this and apparently it’s not supposed to. Either way you slice it I noticed it was on and was all WTF but it’s how it’s designed 😅.

A little sad the lights on the grill won’t illuminate when the switch is in the auto position and only the DRLs are on, but still very happy with everything.

That being said I checked and have no rubbing from the safari bar, but also haven’t installed the RTR logo yet so who knows if that’ll change.
Sponsored