Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you say "emotional experimental car" what do you mean?
Emotional means it is not rational. You cannot compute how this vehicle will make sense from a cost standpoint or comfort, etc.

Experiential... means it is about the experience, not the thing itself.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally agree, I'm already looking at trail maps (sadly nothing close to the Bay Area, as in less than a couple hours drive) and watching several channels on youtube for ideas. Friends of mine sold their house near Santa Cruz last year, bought a huge RV and are living the dream, currently in Glacier NP after time all over CA, Bryce, Zion, Yosemite and what ever they found in between, usually boon docking on public land, far from others.
We used to go backpacking before kids, then it was travel to Germany to visit family, and I was also over campgrounds with obnoxious neighbors.
I'm no longer fit enough to carry a huge backpack into the mountains, so I hope the Bronco with maybe a small roof top tent over the cargo area (or just sleeping inside) will lead to many new adventures up and down the coast and then moving East for more adventures!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really feel this OP. This whole pandemic thing coupled with losing parents and feeling the years a little deeper has made me really think about how I want to spend my time.

When I was a kid my dad had an old VW camper and we had the time of our lives in that thing. We saw some beautiful parts of California in it. My dad was the kind of guy that could make going to the grocery store an adventure. So those camping trips were magical.

I want that feeling back. The husband and I are so ready to get this thing and get out into the world with it. Iā€™ve always dreamed of doing the national parks and getting back to camping. It is time to trade in the BMW and cushy hotel life.

It isnā€™t so much a new car to me as it is a push to get out there and explore. I know that may elicit an eye roll in some, but Iā€™m going to take the inspiration and run with it.
No eye roll. Actually feel your post is touching. Getting out there and exploring doesn't need to be fancy, just out there. Think an off road vehicle represents freedom and makes exploration a self motivated endeavor.

Everyone should take the time to get out of their comfort zones. Besides, doesn't make much sense to mall crawl, because who's at the damn mall right now?

Last edited:

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really feel this OP. This whole pandemic thing coupled with losing parents and feeling the years a little deeper has made me really think about how I want to spend my time.

When I was a kid my dad had an old VW camper and we had the time of our lives in that thing. We saw some beautiful parts of California in it. My dad was the kind of guy that could make going to the grocery store an adventure. So those camping trips were magical.

I want that feeling back. The husband and I are so ready to get this thing and get out into the world with it. Iā€™ve always dreamed of doing the national parks and getting back to camping. It is time to trade in the BMW and cushy hotel life.

It isnā€™t so much a new car to me as it is a push to get out there and explore. I know that may elicit an eye roll in some, but Iā€™m going to take the inspiration and run with it.
This is a great post. I can completely relate to how you are feeling.

To be honest, the desire to get out there is strong... and makes the wait for the Bronco that much harder, i.e. I could be out there now with something else.... 4Runner, Wrangler, used Land Cruiser, etc.

This is especially true when I see the other threads with the overland gear, etc.

I am currently still thinking I will wait as I love so much about the Bronco.... its just hard to be as impatient as I am sometimes...

Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sense buying a Bronco will be much more than acquiring a new vehicle. It could be a lifestyle changing event for those of us who are ready to accept the invitation. I no longer see value in flights to vacation spots. This great country of ours has wonderful places to explore and create lasting memories. Perhaps Bronco6g members will share their memories as they live their adventures. My "emotional and experiential vehicle".

I have to be honest, I was following the release because a friend of mine had a gen1 Bronco growing up. I didn't anticipate wanting one. My plan was to replace my Gen1 Raptor with a Gen3 V8 Raptor. I too have had great experiences with every Ford I have owned. The reason I became so interested is because I see a lot of the Raptor roots in this vehicle. Rugged and sophisticated is exactly how you can describe the Raptor line.

I saw in one of your other threads that you were asking how to gain experience offroading. I can tell you you our club runs Greenhorn and Daisy Mae runs every year to help those that want to learn the opportunity to do so in a safe and inviting manner. Once you get settled in, come on out to CO and we will show you what feels like the top of the world. :) This vid was taken a month or so ago, but we ran this trail (Red Cone) again last weekend to allow one of my co-worker's son who is visiting for the summer an opportunity he may never have again. He and his son both had a blast.

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

? i'll be honest, when i'm sitting in houston traffic, i daydream about being in my bronco and hopping the curb to cut across the vacant lots and drainage ditches that line feeder roads
This right here, Iā€™ve found myself already doing some of these things in my sedan forgetting itā€™s not 4wd and has no clearance, in my mind Iā€™m already in my bronco ?
Sponsored