Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the dealer is confusing production capacity with conversion. If they can only produce 40,000 Bronco's in 2021, that sounds more realistic.

Even if they only covert 50% of the reservations to orders that is about 95,000 Bronco's that we know spill over into 2022 deliver's.
Possible. I know he also wants to get all the orders in quickly, but I'm holding a few days. Don't want/need a day one built Bronco, don't care to be first, etc. Point is, they'll try to urge you to move quickly, give them more money, and any other number of sleazy tactics if we let them.

Dealership accountability isn't something normal for Ford or anything lower than luxury car makers, since they rarely try to take advantage. Not because they are nicer; they're not. It's just that luxury cars are full of profit, so they can make you "think" you're getting a deal. The invoice still is full of profit for luxury makers. Dealerships get paid on service.

Bronco doesn't come with a crazy mark up, so I get the urgency to convert this hype to dollars, but the shear scale of orders for this thing for years to come means Ford will be printing money and dealerships will be making it, so don't get taken for a fool.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, but isn't anything they build after 8/31/21 going to be considered MY22? I swear someone looked me in the eyes and told me that was the case. Went through a door since then, so I'm probably mistaken.
Depends on if you took the red pill or the blue pill.

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No more Nalley Ford? Wow! We’ve bought several cars from Jim Ellis over the years. Always had a good experience, but you never know with these things. Best of luck!
Wow, yea. I have heard good things on Jim Ellis as well, even though I acknowledge this is a unique circumstance.

The salesman didn't say anything out of order and was pretty straight forward. I don't expect any surprises, but will certainly report if that changes in great detail.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

During my call to make an appointment to convert my reservation, the dealership told me that only 40,000 of the reservations will be converted into MY 2021 vehicles.

This sounds plausible, but want to check with the forum to see if any of you guys have gotten any similar information?

Personally was thinking that the build number would be closer to 80,000, but doing the math, not sure that would be possible. I don't mind the wait, but I know many of you do.

Was told that the Sasquatch in particular would be a hard option to deliver (obvious), but I'm ordering it anyway and will not compromise on that.
My dealer was hush hush didn’t know nothing about allocation either which I msure is bs they only had 20 reservations small dealer I was number 5 supposedly

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

40,000 vehicles produced for the last 6 months of the year is doable. Considering it's the first year of production and COVID bullshit. 80,000 units seems quite high for 6 months with everything that's going on. Maybe if Ford was better prepared for the number of orders they didn't expect and there were no parts shortages. But that's still a lot of units for 6 months.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I doubt even Ford knows for sure how many of what they’ll make, what will spill into 22 etc etc.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they start in May and do 5K a month, that's 40K. Several 'in the know' thought that was a reasonable number. Even 7K would only be 56K. I guess we shall see!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model