Sponsored

Granger Ford converted my 2021 reservation into a 2022 order without contacting me. This happen to anyone else?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12136
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's because so many people in North America reserved in the first two days... more people than Broncos they can produce before December 2021 hits.
Actually you aren't as correct as you probably think you are.

It also has to do with Ford's F'ed up allocation system.

There are literally people out there with August reservations that will 100% get their Bronco as a MY21 because of the simple fact that they are #1 or #5 or whatever at a dealer in allocations.

I am a Day 2 reservation (July 15th), I sit right at the tail end of my dealer's allocations (64 total). I could very well be a MY22.

So how is it again that so many people reserved the 1st 2 days and that's why it's this way?
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mid-March I received an email from Granger stating that since I want a Sasquatch_Manual, they will put me on the list (or something like that, it was a month ago). I replied to the the Granger email; I do not want a Sasquatch_Manual, I want a Badlands (manual). I received no reply to my email. A week after the Granger email, Ford sent an email stating that the reservation to order coversion period was closing on a specified date, near the end of March. I immediately called Granger to discuss the two emails I received from Granger and Ford. Granger's response was; we will contact you when your reservation can be converted into an order. A week ago I called Granger to ask about converting my reservation.

Turns out, mid-March, Granger converted my 2021 reservation into a 2022 order without my knowledge. I spent the last week contemplating the entirety of events that lead up to this point. Overall this was a bad experience. I hope to one day see a new generation Bronco on the roads. Congratulations to all those that have a 2021 order.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Call me heartless,
Call me other names
IMH and Probably unpopular Opinion.
People whining about getting a $30,000+ vehicle are the freaking adult versions of the crying kid in the supermarket because mommy wouldn't get them their sugar cereal.
Grow the F-Up and learn some patience.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Call me heartless,
Call me other names
IMH and Probably unpopular Opinion.
People whining about getting a $30,000+ vehicle are the freaking adult versions of the crying kid in the supermarket because mommy wouldn't get them their sugar cereal.
Grow the F-Up and learn some patience.

Well that's very nice, ahhh, who am I kidding, I'm just made cause you said it first :ROFLMAO:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually you aren't as correct as you probably think you are.

It also has to do with Ford's F'ed up allocation system.

There are literally people out there with August reservations that will 100% get their Bronco as a MY21 because of the simple fact that they are #1 or #5 or whatever at a dealer in allocations.

I am a Day 2 reservation (July 15th), I sit right at the tail end of my dealer's allocations (64 total). I could very well be a MY22.

So how is it again that so many people reserved the 1st 2 days and that's why it's this way?
Any August reservation that will receive their Bronco as a MY21 (priority ordering aside) is a statical anomaly. We presume that the typical dealership's dispersion of reservations across timestamps will be more-or-less consistent with national dispersion. Because of this, in aggregate, the same general chunk of reservations holders will receive a MY21, and the rest will receive a MY22, irrespective of dealerships... and even irrespective of whether or not this allocation thing existed.

There are outliers of any dataset, especially an organic one like this, where some small volume dealerships with a small customer base could have their reservation time stamps skewed significantly in one direction or another. As reservation counts rise, the amount dispersions are skewed away from the national trend is decreased, and the more consistent they become. (The more point you plot on your graph, the more clear that dispersion curve becomes.)

Remember that even the Granger and Stevens customers while skewed towards their discount months, were announced after, and occurred outside, of the first days of reservation timestamps or the cutoff to be considered towards MY21 allocation. MY21 production is already entirely accounted for within the timestamps long before we get to these outlier large-volume dealerships.

So yes, there will be an August reservation rolling around in their MY21 when an earlier reservation somewhere else is still waiting for theirs... but the alternative was for that local, small business dealership, not being able to sell Broncos, and lose sales to larger competitor dealers if even their very earliest reservation holder was waiting 6 months longer than the other dealerships earliest reservation holder.

The allocation method avoids punishing these smaller dealerships for being small while, on a whole, maintains the same general dispersion as if Ford had delivered broncos in a straight, reservation timestamp non-allocation formula method.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know these are the same people that always insist they get "terrible service" at restaurants and stuff.

It amazes me how many people are going through life thinking their miserable experience is only the fault of every single friend and stranger existing around them.

OP absolutely leaves 1 star reviews for great restaurants.

"Food was good. Had to wait in a line to get in. 1 star."

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP absolutely leaves 1 star reviews for great restaurants.

"Food was good. Had to wait in a line to get in. 1 star."
"Food was great. Our waitress (Amy) was knowledgeable and courteous when she brought us a brand new steak after my wife found a pea in her rice (she didn't order peas). At one point one customer had a crying baby and they didn't bring it outside for over 5 minutes. There was also a movie theater near by and quite a few teenagers driving around the parking lot. 1 star"

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You know these are the same people that always insist they get "terrible service" at restaurants and stuff.

It amazes me how many people are going through life thinking their miserable experience is only the fault of every single friend and stranger existing around them.
Wait... I work with this guy. Every damn week is another terrible story he unloads on everyone.

giphy.gif

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Food was great. Our waitress (Amy) was knowledgeable and courteous when she brought us a brand new steak after my wife found a pea in her rice (she didn't order peas). At one point one customer had a crying baby and they didn't bring it outside for over 5 minutes. There was also a movie theater near by and quite a few teenagers driving around the parking lot. 1 star"

Although I feel for the small businesses who get these because it drags down their rating, I secretly love reading these type of reviews. A good reminder to tip well because you know Amy got $3 from that table.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's because so many people in North America reserved in the first two days... more people than Broncos they can produce before December 2021 hits.
What do you have on the 9/18/2020 date? I know you have something.

Sponsored

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
cancelled himself

Deleted member 12136
Does that mean that there have been 12135 deleted members before him? Anybody speculate what that might mean for order numbers and when I might get my March reservation pushed through?

Kidding

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any August reservation that will receive their Bronco as a MY21 (priority ordering aside) is a statical anomaly. We presume that the typical dealership's dispersion of reservations across timestamps will be more-or-less consistent with national dispersion. Because of this, in aggregate, the same general chunk of reservations holders will receive a MY21, and the rest will receive a MY22, irrespective of dealerships... and even irrespective of whether or not this allocation thing existed.

There are outliers of any dataset, especially an organic one like this, where some small volume dealerships with a small customer base could have their reservation time stamps skewed significantly in one direction or another. As reservation counts rise, the amount dispersions are skewed away from the national trend is decreased, and the more consistent they become. (The more point you plot on your graph, the more clear that dispersion curve becomes.)

Remember that even the Granger and Stevens customers while skewed towards their discount months, were announced after, and occurred outside, of the first days of reservation timestamps or the cutoff to be considered towards MY21 allocation. MY21 production is already entirely accounted for within the timestamps long before we get to these outlier large-volume dealerships.

So yes, there will be an August reservation rolling around in their MY21 when an earlier reservation somewhere else is still waiting for theirs... but the alternative was for that local, small business dealership, not being able to sell Broncos, and lose sales to larger competitor dealers if even their very earliest reservation holder was waiting 6 months longer than the other dealerships earliest reservation holder.

The allocation method avoids punishing these smaller dealerships for being small while, on a whole, maintains the same general dispersion as if Ford had delivered broncos in a straight, reservation timestamp non-allocation formula method.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah I'm gonna be honest and tell you I didn't read all that.

I know of a specific person on these boards who is that anomaly.

And I will take it one step further and say that here, at B6G, we've seen some of the larger dealerships, and some small guys that jumped all over the new Bronco and picked up a ton of reservations. So for them, August res. = MY22. But now we are talking about what? less than 10 dealerships countrywide? I can imagine there are quite a few small dealerships out there who are seeing this thing you call an anomaly.

As for the allocation being meant to not punish anyone? Did you not see how I said an August Res. will not only be built as a MY21 but will be built probably in the 1st wave of builds? So who's NOT getting punished again?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you have on the 9/18/2020 date? I know you have something.
Ford had to draw a line in the sand for what reservations-converted-to-orders they were going to count in their calculation of MY21 dealer allocations.

They picked Friday Sept 18th, 2020.

Not sure what played into that decision. Perhaps it was 60 days after reservations opened plus to the end to the week... maybe statistically the new reservations per day dropped below a certain threshold at that point, or it was before the Grangetober uptick of reservations... or it was someone's niece's birthday... or any number of other magical reasons...

Maybe they just threw a dart on the calendar, and they picked that Friday so they could get started on the math first thing Monday.

I don't think there's any special meaning to glean from that date.

Is that what you meant?

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have handled this differently, but I will say that people that are uninformed of the nuances of the Bronco MY21 ordering, that ordered cars in the past have different expectations. I could see a situation where someone ordered a different model, changed it, and the Ford Reservation still shows a different model than the order. It takes too much research to understand how all of this works. Ford has the tough job of sorting through all of this, and although they have released info, most has changed. If the guy is angry, I don't blame him, but I also wouldn't blame the dealer here. Most dealers are clueless.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford had to draw a line in the sand for what reservations-converted-to-orders they were going to count in their calculation of MY21 dealer allocations.

They picked Friday Sept 18th, 2020.

Not sure what played into that decision. Perhaps it was 60 days after reservations opened plus to the end to the week... maybe statistically the new reservations per day dropped below a certain threshold at that point, or it was before the Grangetober uptick of reservations... or it was someone's niece's birthday... or any number of other magical reasons...

Maybe they just threw a dart on the calendar, and they picked that Friday so they could get started on the math first thing Monday.

I don't think there's any special meaning to glean from that date.

Is that what you meant?
Yes, for some reason I thought that I had read that if you reserved before that date, you would get a 21. But that was also stated before the allocation news.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.