Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep I used an AT at one of the off rodeo events. So much fun with one pedal drive and trail turn assist but nothing beats rowing your own
Oh, does trail turn assist only work with AT? I had hoped that feature would at least work in the crawler gear on the 7MT. From the videos I’ve seen, it seems like a nifty trick. But probably not one I’d be using daily. 😂
Sponsored

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
According to Ford, the pause in the manual transmission was to help simplify the production process in preparation for the introduction of the new Ford Ranger (Ranger and Bronco are produced at the same plant). We have no way of knowing how true that is... but considering mid-size pickups are all the craze right now, it makes a LOT of sense.

Currently there is nothing to suggest that manuals have been been discontinued. But depending on how insane demand is for the Ranger, we may not see it re-appear until the latter half of 2024.
This ^ is the answer as we know it

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Until I had the option of “company cars”. Every vehicle I have owned had a manual transmission. ’56 Ford, CJ2A, CJ3A, CJ5, Jeep Cherokee, AMC Eagle (yup!), ‘65 Corvette, and perhaps a few others I have missed…. Yes, I still love to shift through the gears!

I know many of you will argue with me, but the Badlands, 2.7L, SAS with the 10 speed auto seems to do extremely well at low speed off the road. So, FOR THE TYPE OF OFF ROADING THAT I DO, I would take the 10 speed auto over the manual transmission every time.
No argument that its easier to wheel an auto,but when on the road I loath autos always have

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, does trail turn assist only work with AT? I had hoped that feature would at least work in the crawler gear on the 7MT. From the videos I’ve seen, it seems like a nifty trick. But probably not one I’d be using daily. 😂
Yea TTA was super slick but not available on the manual for whatever reason. I don't know enough about it to know the reason why, though.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grinding issue makes it sound like a shifting issue, it’s really just a noise issue.
Yeah I wouldn’t call synchros getting destroyed with rotational wear “just a noise issue” on a brand new unit

Sponsored

Aaron01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea TTA was super slick but not available on the manual for whatever reason. I don't know enough about it to know the reason why, though.
IIRC, the issue with trail turn assist on the MT was the likelihood of it inducing a stall.

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes with this manual trans pause it should give ford lots of time to iron out that crazy noise , it can be very loud .Neighbour 5 houses down has a bad one
I can hear 700 feet away .Manual bronco or no bronco for me , fingers crossed for some big improvements also in quality for 2024

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes with this manual trans pause it should give ford lots of time to iron out that crazy noise , it can be very loud .Neighbour 5 houses down has a bad one
I can hear 700 feet away .Manual bronco or no bronco for me , fingers crossed for some big improvements also in quality for 2024
I got a 23 with the revised manual transmission. No grinding (so far).

Docdon

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a non saquatch badlands 4 dr lux. The 7 speed shifts well and does great in mountains. I live in Colorado. Love the 4:70 gears and lockers. Also now getting 21mpg.
Sponsored