First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will be added to B&P at a later date. If you’re already getting a manual Badlands and don’t want to wait for Mansquatch which realistically may not come in until mid 2022, go for it. You can always add 35s later.....after the first Squatch pulls up next to you and you realize how much better 35s look. Easy upgrade for a non Squatch badlands. I have a 4dr Badlands reservation but decided to drop down to a 2door Basemansquatch and wait because if I’m driving around in an “overkill” Bronco, might as well spend $15k less, especially since I don’t need the vinyl seats, rubber floors, front disco, mid package and cosmetic appointments.
yeah I don't think I'll wait for the Mansquatch, I don't want to wait and the more I read the less of a good idea it seems to be. Is it known what mods would be necessary to upgrade to 35"s on a non squatched Badlands? (side note, really enjoying all the various parts of speech "Sasquatch" can be used for?)
Sponsored

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've never seriously considered 35s. I don't crawl over boulders and Badlands with 33s is way overkill for what I'll do with it. I will drive 98% on road and 35s will be slower, brake worse, have worse gas mileage, be louder and handle worse than smaller tires. All the Badlands pictured here are 33's with the optional ($995) Badlands beadlock rims w/carbonized grey beauty rings. I think they're killer and match the carbonized grey Badlands grille perfectly. 33s are big, aggressive tires although reading this forum, you'll start believing they're tiny.

If I were considering Sasquatch w/35s, I'd really be concerned about suspension travel. Badlands w/33s have 4cm MORE travel than Squatch w 35s. Not much room for Squatch to move around! That's okay for slow rock crawling, but out running at high speeds in the desert, it doesn't seem like enough. I believe this is precisely why Ford is developing the Warthog. That beast is going to have big suspension and travel for 35s or 37s to move. Sasquatch simply doesn't cut it and Ford knows this. Maybe this is why they have so far refused to give us specifications on Badlands or Sasquatch suspensions. Once people see the specs, they will realize Squatch doesn't have enough travel.

white 4dr Badlands better.jpg
red badlands.jpg
black badlands.jpg
I know we’re all working off of preliminary specs, but I wager that a Sasquatch with 285/75R17s, non-Sasquatch front bump stops and aftermarket sway bar disconnects will have Badlands travel and have no tire rub (but prob get close!).

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you getting the 4cm more travel from? Everything I've read so far says 4mm or 1/4" which is nothing.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are you getting the 4cm more travel from? Everything I've read so far says 4mm or 1/4" which is nothing.
I'm not sure where that number comes from (from reading other threads there is a bit of controversy on this topic) but I think 4mm is closer to 1/2 inch, which is probably visually noticeable

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure where that number comes from (from reading other threads there is a bit of controversy on this topic) but I think 4mm is closer to 1/2 inch, which is probably visually noticeable
4mm is close to 5/32. A half inch is a little more than 12mm.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4mm is close to 5/32. A half inch is a little more than 12mm.
lol thanks, I"m American, I measure things in cheesburgers per freedoms, not the metric system

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

lol thanks, I"m American, I measure things in cheesburgers per freedoms, not the metric system
Man.... I work in construction in Canada. Nearly all materials are in inches and most drawings. Some projects the prints are all in metric. Which we have to covert back to ft/in on the field. A nightmare. I've gotten pretty good at the conversions. Something that is 18339 milimeters is a lot tougher to imagine than 60'2"

Now miles... No thanks. You can keep that freedom and cheeseburger measurement.

Anyway... Sorry. Way off topic.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

really? i use f150s and football fields and blue whale tongues

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never seriously considered 35s. I don't crawl over boulders and Badlands with 33s is way overkill for what I'll do with it. I will drive 98% on road and 35s will be slower, brake worse, have worse gas mileage, be louder and handle worse than smaller tires. All the Badlands pictured here are 33's with the optional ($995) Badlands beadlock rims w/carbonized grey beauty rings. I think they're killer and match the carbonized grey Badlands grille perfectly. 33s are big, aggressive tires although reading this forum, you'll start believing they're tiny.

If I were considering Sasquatch w/35s, I'd really be concerned about suspension travel. Badlands w/33s have 4cm MORE travel than Squatch w 35s. Not much room for Squatch to move around! That's okay for slow rock crawling, but out running at high speeds in the desert, it doesn't seem like enough. I believe this is precisely why Ford is developing the Warthog. That beast is going to have big suspension and travel for 35s or 37s to move. Sasquatch simply doesn't cut it and Ford knows this. Maybe this is why they have so far refused to give us specifications on Badlands or Sasquatch suspensions. Once people see the specs, they will realize Squatch doesn't have enough travel.

white 4dr Badlands better.jpg
red badlands.jpg
black badlands.jpg

These look good but this CO badlands looks like it has too much space in the wheel wells. Maybe it has a small lift:

Ford Bronco 'Squatch with manual still not on B&P? 1604720022295

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol that's the OTHER (and more frustrating) issue - no 2.7 + manual ?
I wouldn't count on that any time soon. It would require a big take rate on manuals for a few years and a lot of bitching by cutomers to get it. Even that may not be enough.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These look good but this CO badlands looks like it has too much space in the wheel wells. Maybe it has a small lift:

1604720022295.png
I'd bet heavily that there's not a lift..... it needs the wheel clearance for articulation.... hence the taller bump stop on the Squatch to keep the 35's out of the sheet metal. The open wheel wells are for function.

Stuffed wheel wells while at a static ride height is a creation of the Mall Crawler crowd.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco 'Squatch with manual still not on B&P? 1604720022295
agreed, I don't like that look and it would would be even more exaggerated on a 4 door

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't count on that any time soon. It would require a big take rate on manuals for a few years and a lot of bitching by cutomers to get it. Even that may not be enough.
you're right, but a man can dream. Honestly the output of the 2.3 appears to be pretty darned good, not to mention that Ford offers a tune for it as it appears in the Ranger, it's just frustrating to know that there's a 300hp 400tq motor available but not be able to have it with the stick. I'm sure I'll be more than satisfied with the 2.3 though

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
See page 2 of attached Prelim Tech Specs pdf. Suspension travel is listed under 'Off Road Capability' in the Chassis section.
Sponsored

Attachments