First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome! I think the burning question for a lot of us is, how is that M190 holding up to the 37s?

For me personally I would like to be able to run 285/75r17 on the M190 without worry.
Well, that front diff is actually quite robust. like anything else, I see a bunch of dana 30 front ends with 37's and somehow they hold up for years. 33's should be no problem at all if you keep the build light weight.
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome ! The other guy with DSI from Baltimore had a hard time here. Hopefully he will come back and everyone will be welcoming.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome ! The other guy with DSI from Baltimore had a hard time here. Hopefully he will come back and everyone will be welcoming.
Introductions help before reaching for someone's wallet ;)

Sponsored

Scottswanny

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the introduction. As a fellow San Diegan, I'm curious to know where this secret location is and if there's any Broncos there. 😁

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right this second I don't see one. the area I'd put the winch is filled with shutter doors, coolant lines and intercoolers. lets see what surprises ford gives us down the road. I'm a big fan of the hidden winch.
Hello Ryan, welcome aboard. By any chance do you have a picture of the front bumper without the winch?

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right this second I don't see one. the area I'd put the winch is filled with shutter doors, coolant lines and intercoolers. lets see what surprises ford gives us down the road. I'm a big fan of the hidden winch.
Thanks for the quick reply.

That's quite the challenge. My only gripe is the winch. I'll pack a come-along for now and keep my fingers crossed.

Any game-changing or Bronco specific mods you're excited about?

~M.L.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the machine and thank you for stepping forward to introduce yourself. Good luck with the 21’ launch.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome.

Personally curious to learn more about the G2 locking hubs you had installed on your Moab concept...seems every other item on that truck was discussed in videos at length but no mention of those. Curious if you plan on offering them for the Sasquatch front axle as well.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey all, If you've seen any of the 4WP Race Red Bronco vids you've probably heard me blabber on about 4WP Engineering and all the new products that 4WP factory are getting ready to release. I thought I would do a formal introduction and so you all could understand my roll at 4WP Engineering. So here it goes. Ryan Kennelly AKA Dirtstar2002 on instagram ( i'm not the power lifter that held the world record for the dead lift ) I'm the engineering drivetrain manager at the secret location in San Diego. That's just one of the rolls I play at 4WP. So lets get to the fun stuff. I started at Pro Comp Suspension in 2006 as a suspension designer. (Pro Comp was one of the original house brands of Transamerican Auto Parts). Soon after I started, we acquired Smittybilt, Rubicon Express and Trail Master. This meant I was no longer designing just suspension. I was now wearing many hats Designing bumpers, sliders, roof racks, tube doors and fender armor. Fast forward to the present, My day to day job is working with G2 axle and gear, wheel, tires, innovation council, and outsourcing parts to get a better price so we can stay competitive in the market. Lets not forget off road testing products and the occasional marketing video. In my spare time you will find me in the dirt nearly every weekend. looking for ghost towns, mine shafts or early man sites like petroglyphs. in the evenings after work I restore vintage 4x4's. I like to build usable rigs ready for any adventure. So there you have it. a glimpse into my life and history at 4WP.

I'm sure you want to dig in with all kinds of Bronco related questions and I'll do my best to answer the ones I can, and point you in the right direction when I can't.
Can we see more photos and get info on the skid plates? I took crappy photos in Moab, but I like what I saw!

I know that off shore manufacturing is needed to stay competitive on some things, but have you ever considered a high tier suspension product made in the USA? I would be willing to pay a premium. Its getting harder and harder- Just sucks when you buy a Warn winch mount for instance and it comes with Made in China tow hooks. Is anything Smittybilt made in the USA?

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the quick reply.

That's quite the challenge. My only gripe is the winch. I'll pack a come-along for now and keep my fingers crossed.

Any game-changing or Bronco specific mods you're excited about?

~M.L.
By far my favorite mod is the 4wp shocks. 20% increase in travel wakes up the bronco in the dirt.

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome to the machine and thank you for stepping forward to introduce yourself. Good luck with the 21’ launch.
Thanks! We got a whole bunch of kick ass parts coming out and a bunch of innovative stuff we are working on for next year.

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome.

Personally curious to learn more about the G2 locking hubs you had installed on your Moab concept...seems every other item on that truck was discussed in videos at length but no mention of those. Curious if you plan on offering them for the Sasquatch front axle as well.
We are still not allowed to talk about locking hubs. They were never supposed to be seen. Lol
Sponsored