First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hah. I can be patient, my 7 year old will need some help pretty quickly though.
Age 7 they grow like weeds and climb like squirrels. mayby the problem will fix itself by the time you get your bronco lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Ryan,
Welcome to the forum! My favorite build has definitely been the 4WP!
I don’t think I’ve seen these questions, so maybe I’m the only one interested.
-I’d love a roof rack that either allows opening a soft top or allows removing the second row of the hard top.
-I was curious about all the lights y’all added, and if you were able to stay within the 6 aux switches or had to add more.
-the fender delete looks great...have y’all noticed rocks getting kicked up and scratching up the fenders?
Thanks!
As for the lights, we stayed under 6 switched, we did use a 50 am relay for the overheads to insure the factory wiring was well protected. the roof rack is a work in progress. the team is till working out the bugs. its gotta be functional and meet the requirements of a roof top tent static and dynamically. we also have a 1000 mile off road test we do before we release products. we weren.t allowed to put those kinds of miles on Red Race Bronco. last but not least, you do see rocks and mud fly up. watch our vids close. you can see it as we carve the berms.

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome to the forum, Ryan! I can't wait to see all of the wonderful products that 4WP produces! And thank you for being here to answer questions.
Thanks! I'll do my best to keep an open line off communication without letting the secret sauce of our marketing dept. out. We will save the good stuff for launches and videos.

Greylyn

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all, If you've seen any of the 4WP Race Red Bronco vids you've probably heard me blabber on about 4WP Engineering and all the new products that 4WP factory are getting ready to release. I thought I would do a formal introduction and so you all could understand my roll at 4WP Engineering. So here it goes. Ryan Kennelly AKA Dirtstar2002 on instagram ( i'm not the power lifter that held the world record for the dead lift ) I'm the engineering drivetrain manager at the secret location in San Diego. That's just one of the rolls I play at 4WP. So lets get to the fun stuff. I started at Pro Comp Suspension in 2006 as a suspension designer. (Pro Comp was one of the original house brands of Transamerican Auto Parts). Soon after I started, we acquired Smittybilt, Rubicon Express and Trail Master. This meant I was no longer designing just suspension. I was now wearing many hats Designing bumpers, sliders, roof racks, tube doors and fender armor. Fast forward to the present, My day to day job is working with G2 axle and gear, wheel, tires, innovation council, and outsourcing parts to get a better price so we can stay competitive in the market. Lets not forget off road testing products and the occasional marketing video. In my spare time you will find me in the dirt nearly every weekend. looking for ghost towns, mine shafts or early man sites like petroglyphs. in the evenings after work I restore vintage 4x4's. I like to build usable rigs ready for any adventure. So there you have it. a glimpse into my life and history at 4WP.

I'm sure you want to dig in with all kinds of Bronco related questions and I'll do my best to answer the ones I can, and point you in the right direction when I can't.

Ryan UA Jeep.JPG
Ryan. Is 4wp developing driving/fog light packages for the modular front bumper. When the OEM bumper is replaced with the optional modular bumper, the fog lights are lost. I am hoping that a driving/fog light package is being developed for insertion into the modular bumper. Gary.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ryan. Is 4wp developing driving/fog light packages for the modular front bumper. When the OEM bumper is replaced with the optional modular bumper, the fog lights are lost. I am hoping that a driving/fog light package is being developed for insertion into the modular bumper. Gary.
That's a great point. I'll run that up the flag pole. our first light mounts will be the A pillar pods. I know those aren't driving lights, but they sure help in the dark.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ryan, after seeing the rear bumper on the red rig, I sent 4wp an email asking for mods or an alternate basic style. Please consider another more basic rear bumper, thinner without the bump out, minus the lights and minus shackles (shackle anchor points are ok). I like the general overall simplicity of the rear bumper you showed on the red rig, but I would want something a little more basic/slim and trim.

Thanks!

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

not worried about all the aftermarket crap for the Bronco tell I get one ,I hope some day

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ryan, great to see you on here brother! Love seeing the enthusiasm the aftermarket has for Bronco, it’s gonna be awesome to see these things all tricked out!

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By far my favorite mod is the 4wp shocks. 20% increase in travel wakes up the bronco in the dirt.
Sounds like you're my kindred spirit from California. We live in Utah and are all about exploring ghost towns, abandoned mines, rock art and ruins! Hoping some day soon to check out Big and Little Petroglyph Canyons in the Coso Range.

Can you tell us more about the shocks? Sounds like they're USA built, which is important to me. How much lift? Are they adjustable? Rebuildable? Any innovative tech? Are new UCAs required to get that 20%, without driveshaft issues? Other than the wheels (Alpha Delta 17x8.5 +35) that I've already bought for my BD, upgrading the suspension is the first mod I'll make. I really want to run MT Baja Boss A/T LT33x12.50 R17s.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Some product questions which will help steer my build and some questions which might help others:

• There have been some mentions by other companies that fitting a non-sasquatch Black Diamond with 35" or 37" tires will be rather costly with a larger-than-expected part list. Do you have any input on Black Diamond needing more parts thrown at it than Badlands to fit those tires?
    • We can ignore the 190/210 argument here as Black Diamond folks won't have an option on that...... Until it breaks ;)

• mods/parts to increase non-sasquatch Badlands off-road chops with limited budget and without increasing tire size?
    • Badlands is a competent platform to start with, but what is the "low hanging fruit" you would go with to give the best off-road bang for the buck when a customer just wants to enhance not augment their rig?
      • You mentioned your 4WP shocks and their 20% longer throw
      • Open ended question, happy to hear your other suggestions!
I'm up here in the PNW and have aspirations to learn some off-roading skills (forest trails, mud/ruts/etc) but have no desire to build a dedicated off-road rig. After driving a lifted rubicon on 37" tires in Moab/Canyonlands and seeing it destroy the stock Rubicons for speed, comfort and capabilities, i'm interested in increasing the envelope of what Badlands can do, but I don't have the appetite for going all-out on this when I have classic cars taking up most of my parts/mods budget.