Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welcome!

Please tell us the fender delete is really not going to cost $400...
9BA8B71B-E2BF-47D0-B752-9F115082BC45.png
$400 sounds about what I expected. They are made of metal and look good. I bet they will sell out.
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$400 sounds about what I expected. They are made of metal and look good. I bet they will sell out.
Sorry I’ll have to disagree...Jeep fenders have more material and more involved in replacing. Here’s a Jeep fender for comparison in price...

2BEAC6B3-DCDC-4BB2-BE62-3B73D33770E6.png

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like you're my kindred spirit from California. We live in Utah and are all about exploring ghost towns, abandoned mines, rock art and ruins! Hoping some day soon to check out Big and Little Petroglyph Canyons in the Coso Range.

Can you tell us more about the shocks? Sounds like they're USA built, which is important to me. How much lift? Are they adjustable? Rebuildable? Any innovative tech? Are new UCAs required to get that 20%, without driveshaft issues? Other than the wheels (Alpha Delta 17x8.5 +35) that I've already bought for my BD, upgrading the suspension is the first mod I'll make. I really want to run MT Baja Boss A/T LT33x12.50 R17s.
Our coil overs are really neat. adjustable from 1'' lift to 3.5'' that gives you room to grow. the 2.5 dia coil overs we make have 20% more travel and the valving is spot on for everything from street driving to high speed trail rides. it totally wakes up the big bronco. it would be my first mod.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our coil overs are really neat. adjustable from 1'' lift to 3.5'' that gives you room to grow. the 2.5 dia coil overs we make have 20% more travel and the valving is spot on for everything from street driving to high speed trail rides. it totally wakes up the big bronco. it would be my first mod.
Question on ordering/availability...

What you mentioned is what I’m going for. Getting my tires elsewhere (sorry supporting my local guy)....my closest 4WP store i believe is in Miami or Boca area (i think)...i want to get it done ASAP. so when i get my Bronco, when should i place my order and how long does it normally take for install? Will the parts be available off the shelf? Just asking cause not sure if my wife and daughter would be happy sitting and waiting at the shop with me...

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some product questions which will help steer my build and some questions which might help others:

• There have been some mentions by other companies that fitting a non-sasquatch Black Diamond with 35" or 37" tires will be rather costly with a larger-than-expected part list. Do you have any input on Black Diamond needing more parts thrown at it than Badlands to fit those tires?
    • We can ignore the 190/210 argument here as Black Diamond folks won't have an option on that...... Until it breaks ;)

• mods/parts to increase non-sasquatch Badlands off-road chops with limited budget and without increasing tire size?
    • Badlands is a competent platform to start with, but what is the "low hanging fruit" you would go with to give the best off-road bang for the buck when a customer just wants to enhance not augment their rig?
      • You mentioned your 4WP shocks and their 20% longer throw
      • Open ended question, happy to hear your other suggestions!
I'm up here in the PNW and have aspirations to learn some off-roading skills (forest trails, mud/ruts/etc) but have no desire to build a dedicated off-road rig. After driving a lifted rubicon on 37" tires in Moab/Canyonlands and seeing it destroy the stock Rubicons for speed, comfort and capabilities, i'm interested in increasing the envelope of what Badlands can do, but I don't have the appetite for going all-out on this when I have classic cars taking up most of my parts/mods budget.
So we have a video coming out talking about the models and the shocks they come with. I can't let the cat out of the bag yet, but wait for the video to help explain all that. As for the age old comparison of a jeep and a bronco, the bronco blows away jeep on the street, and in the dirt so going for the full Rubicon style build with 37's isn't really necessary when the bronco will outperform in handling with a smaller 35'' tire. (my opinion)

Sponsored
OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
first part of June we will have more info on pricing and availability.

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Question on ordering/availability...

What you mentioned is what I’m going for. Getting my tires elsewhere (sorry supporting my local guy)....my closest 4WP store i believe is in Miami or Boca area (i think)...i want to get it done ASAP. so when i get my Bronco, when should i place my order and how long does it normally take for install? Will the parts be available off the shelf? Just asking cause not sure if my wife and daughter would be happy sitting and waiting at the shop with me...
The goal will be to sell through multiple channels. you should be able to buy parts online, and over the counter at 4WP. not to mention have your dealer put together a DSI package that would install all the parts and include a powertrain warranty. I'm a DIY guy so I install all my own parts. makes me an expert if something breaks on the trail (Onboard mechanic). lol

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The goal will be to sell through multiple channels. you should be able to buy parts online, and over the counter at 4WP. not to mention have your dealer put together a DSI package that would install all the parts and include a powertrain warranty. I'm a DIY guy so I install all my own parts. makes me an expert if something breaks on the trail (Onboard mechanic). lol
Not familiar with DSI pack...from what the other guy was saying, we can roll it to financing? What if i want to pay for it cash, separate from the vehicle? Also, he mentioned you can order and dealer will install upon delivery...so does that mean i can order as soon as i get a delivery date? Or will i have to wait again after delivery for install? Sorry for all the questions...

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not familiar with DSI pack...from what the other guy was saying, we can roll it to financing? What if i want to pay for it cash, separate from the vehicle? Also, he mentioned you can order and dealer will install upon delivery...so does that mean i can order as soon as i get a delivery date? Or will i have to wait again after delivery for install? Sorry for all the questions...
I Can't speak for DSI, I know the 4wp store would be happy to install your new parts. Is your question more about getting the drivetrain warranty?

Sponsored
OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Ryan, fellow San Diegan here!

Can you jump under one of those Broncos and help us settle the 10R80 vs 10R60 debate? Seems there is some confusion on which 10 speed we are getting.
I would, but they are headed to Texas. lol

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome Ryan. A few questions for you.

1) For those of us with Sasquatch builds, what lift options can we expect? Suspension / Body? I’ve seen BDS saying they will be offering a 6-inch...but I assume that will require some frame trimming like their 2021 f150 design.

2) On the red build, are the fender flare deletes required to fit those 37’s?

3) I noticed the 37’s seem narrower than Sasquatch tires. Will only specific brands/tread fit correctly? I know exact tire tread and shoulder widths are not always the same between brands.

Thanks again for info.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I Can't speak for DSI, I know the 4wp store would be happy to install your new parts. Is your question more about getting the drivetrain warranty?
Honestly not worried about warranty....was just hoping to get the lift upon delivery or quickly right after..

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would, but they are headed to Texas. lol
Well, call 'em and tell 'em to pull over! This is important, 'cause we're arguing over the Internet about this! 😂

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome Ryan. A few questions for you.

1) For those of us with Sasquatch builds, what lift options can we expect? Suspension / Body? I’ve seen BDS saying they will be offering a 6-inch...but I assume that will require some frame trimming like their 2021 f150 design.

2) On the red build, are the fender flare deletes required to fit those 37’s?

3) I noticed the 37’s seem narrower than Sasquatch tires. Will only specific brands/tread fit correctly? I know exact tire tread and shoulder widths are not always the same between brands.

Thanks again for info.
Currently 4WP factory isn't doing a 6'' crossmember kit. we are focusing on performance arms and shocks kits up to 3.5'' of lift. All the 37's we tried rubbed at full bump and full lock (very minimal) the wheel offset is critical for 37's . we like narrow wheels here to make the tires tall and skinny. Its more of a parlor trick than a specialized tire. I can't give too many details since we have a video coming up soon.
Sponsored