Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We are still not allowed to talk about locking hubs. They were never supposed to be seen. Lol
Interesting. That seems...odd? to say the least.

Would love to know that backstory (was this not originally intended to be a show vehicle?), but I guess I'll settle for knowing **when** you can actually discuss something that's already been publicly revealed... :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can we see more photos and get info on the skid plates? I took crappy photos in Moab, but I like what I saw!

I know that off shore manufacturing is needed to stay competitive on some things, but have you ever considered a high tier suspension product made in the USA? I would be willing to pay a premium. Its getting harder and harder- Just sucks when you buy a Warn winch mount for instance and it comes with Made in China tow hooks. Is anything Smittybilt made in the USA?
That’s a great question. The bronco steering is pretty robust. So no high steer for that. If you are thinking of a track bar in the back, it is made in our factory here in San Diego. Our shocks and arms are also made in SoCal. As for the Smittybilt parts, my team heavily vets over seas companies not just in China but Thailand, Taiwan, India, and even Mexico. We make sure that these vendors use exacting standards for materials and workmanship. We then do random sampling for destructive testing to validate the parts. Along with test fits and measuring sessions. Those parts are worthy of my personal builds. Smittybilt is leading the industry quality testing and part validation.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is there a hidden winch solution that does not block the camera coming out anytime soon?
Right this second I don't see one. the area I'd put the winch is filled with shutter doors, coolant lines and intercoolers. lets see what surprises ford gives us down the road. I'm a big fan of the hidden winch.
What about the ACC (adaptive cruise control on the LUX package) radar box being blocked by the bumper intercooler openig. Last Saturday at a Bronco showing the Ford Performance guy told me they were working on a solution, can you give us any insight on that?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for joining - I am sure to have many questions as your catalog rolls out.

Two suggestions for that catalog: Class IV hitch receiver (the OEM Class III one is woefully wimpy for overlanding), and sliders with bolt on and off steps. (Had to modify and bolt Go Rhino Dominator D6 side steps onto the rock sliders on my JK so my wife can get in and out, but I can still take them off for the trail.)

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! We got a whole bunch of kick ass parts coming out and a bunch of innovative stuff we are working on for next year.
Welcome!

Please tell us the fender delete is really not going to cost $400...
Ford Bronco Ryan Kennelly 4WP Introduction 9BA8B71B-E2BF-47D0-B752-9F115082BC45

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all, If you've seen any of the 4WP Race Red Bronco vids you've probably heard me blabber on about 4WP Engineering and all the new products that 4WP factory are getting ready to release. I thought I would do a formal introduction and so you all could understand my roll at 4WP Engineering. So here it goes. Ryan Kennelly AKA Dirtstar2002 on instagram ( i'm not the power lifter that held the world record for the dead lift ) I'm the engineering drivetrain manager at the secret location in San Diego. That's just one of the rolls I play at 4WP. So lets get to the fun stuff. I started at Pro Comp Suspension in 2006 as a suspension designer. (Pro Comp was one of the original house brands of Transamerican Auto Parts). Soon after I started, we acquired Smittybilt, Rubicon Express and Trail Master. This meant I was no longer designing just suspension. I was now wearing many hats Designing bumpers, sliders, roof racks, tube doors and fender armor. Fast forward to the present, My day to day job is working with G2 axle and gear, wheel, tires, innovation council, and outsourcing parts to get a better price so we can stay competitive in the market. Lets not forget off road testing products and the occasional marketing video. In my spare time you will find me in the dirt nearly every weekend. looking for ghost towns, mine shafts or early man sites like petroglyphs. in the evenings after work I restore vintage 4x4's. I like to build usable rigs ready for any adventure. So there you have it. a glimpse into my life and history at 4WP.

I'm sure you want to dig in with all kinds of Bronco related questions and I'll do my best to answer the ones I can, and point you in the right direction when I can't.

Hi Ryan,

Nice to meet you. You seem like an interesting fella! Quick question, does 4WP have any plans for bolt on steps for the factory rock sliders? I ask because I have vertically challenged passengers(kids) that won't be able to make the leap in without some sort of step. I really hate the way the running boards look and would prefer some steps that bolt to the rock sliders and are removable in the times I might actually bounce off a rock.

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What about the ACC (adaptive cruise control on the LUX package) radar box being blocked by the bumper intercooler openig. Last Saturday at a Bronco showing the Ford Performance guy told me they were working on a solution, can you give us any insight on that?
on our bumper radar cruise isn’t blocked. Works just fine. That’s part of the reason the winch is up so high. The more common problem is the winch blocks the camera. We are working on a relocation kit for the camera.

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome!

Please tell us the fender delete is really not going to cost $400...
that does sound high, I don’t have pricing yet. Stay tuned for an announcement early next month.

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that does sound high, I don’t have pricing yet. Stay tuned for an announcement early next month.
Thank you! Please keep us posted as I’m sure there a lot of members wanting that...

OP
OP
dirtstar2002

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Ryan,

Nice to meet you. You seem like an interesting fella! Quick question, does 4WP have any plans for bolt on steps for the factory rock sliders? I ask because I have vertically challenged passengers(kids) that won't be able to make the leap in without some sort of step. I really hate the way the running boards look and would prefer some steps that bolt to the rock sliders and are removable in the times I might actually bounce off a rock.
thanks I think, lol. So far you’ve only seen parts from 4wp factory. Keep in mind there are other brands like Smittybilt and Poison Spyder. Not to mention all the other accessory brands 4WP sells. Be patient. It won’t be long before there are lots of choices.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
thanks I think, lol. So far you’ve only seen parts from 4wp factory. Keep in mind there are other brands like Smittybilt and Poison Spyder. Not to mention all the other accessory brands 4WP sells. Be patient. It won’t be long before there are lots of choices.
Hah. I can be patient, my 7 year old will need some help pretty quickly though.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Ryan,
Welcome to the forum! My favorite build has definitely been the 4WP!
I don’t think I’ve seen these questions, so maybe I’m the only one interested.
-I’d love a roof rack that either allows opening a soft top or allows removing the second row of the hard top.
-I was curious about all the lights y’all added, and if you were able to stay within the 6 aux switches or had to add more.
-the fender delete looks great...have y’all noticed rocks getting kicked up and scratching up the fenders?
Thanks!

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all, If you've seen any of the 4WP Race Red Bronco vids you've probably heard me blabber on about 4WP Engineering and all the new products that 4WP factory are getting ready to release. I thought I would do a formal introduction and so you all could understand my roll at 4WP Engineering. So here it goes. Ryan Kennelly AKA Dirtstar2002 on instagram ( i'm not the power lifter that held the world record for the dead lift ) I'm the engineering drivetrain manager at the secret location in San Diego. That's just one of the rolls I play at 4WP. So lets get to the fun stuff. I started at Pro Comp Suspension in 2006 as a suspension designer. (Pro Comp was one of the original house brands of Transamerican Auto Parts). Soon after I started, we acquired Smittybilt, Rubicon Express and Trail Master. This meant I was no longer designing just suspension. I was now wearing many hats Designing bumpers, sliders, roof racks, tube doors and fender armor. Fast forward to the present, My day to day job is working with G2 axle and gear, wheel, tires, innovation council, and outsourcing parts to get a better price so we can stay competitive in the market. Lets not forget off road testing products and the occasional marketing video. In my spare time you will find me in the dirt nearly every weekend. looking for ghost towns, mine shafts or early man sites like petroglyphs. in the evenings after work I restore vintage 4x4's. I like to build usable rigs ready for any adventure. So there you have it. a glimpse into my life and history at 4WP.

I'm sure you want to dig in with all kinds of Bronco related questions and I'll do my best to answer the ones I can, and point you in the right direction when I can't.

Welcome to the forum, Ryan! I can't wait to see all of the wonderful products that 4WP produces! And thank you for being here to answer questions.
Sponsored