First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
wasnt trying to stir anything up and they probably wouldn't involve the rep if it was an honest mistake. The thread just got the gears spinning on a potential explanation for my situation which I think may hold true.
Might be a Massachusetts thing???
Sponsored

OP
OP
coryfg

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Monitoring as well. Just found out mine shipped to the regional rail holding yard and was placed on the "Sales & Marketing Hold". The dealer is clueless and so is the local Ford rep. Hopefully getting an update soon.
@Cape Bronco that does seem odd that a hold would be put on at the railyard. When I spoke to the Ford rep last week, she told me that they made a change in their system where there used to be a generic "hold", there are now 8 different types of holds. Since this was just rolled out last week, a lot of people aren't aware and so they don't know what it means. I can tell you that if you are told that the hold was initiated by the dealer as I was, that is incorrect. The dealers don't have the ability to put a sales/ marketing hold on a vehicle.

Cape Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Cape Bronco that does seem odd that a hold would be put on at the railyard. When I spoke to the Ford rep last week, she told me that they made a change in their system where there used to be a generic "hold", there are now 8 different types of holds. Since this was just rolled out last week, a lot of people aren't aware and so they don't know what it means. I can tell you that if you are told that the hold was initiated by the dealer as I was, that is incorrect. The dealers don't have the ability to put a sales/ marketing hold on a vehicle.
The thought was that it could be due to lack of drivers to deliver the vehicles???

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have never seen this out of the 1000+ orders our dealership has put in... any update?

A dealership cannot hold any type of vehicle, once it is in production with a VIN - we can only priority 99 orders before they get a Build Week

OP
OP
coryfg

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have never seen this out of the 1000+ orders our dealership has put in... any update?

A dealership cannot hold any type of vehicle, once it is in production with a VIN - we can only priority 99 orders before they get a Build Week
@JoshuaPrieto that's what I was later told. As I initially posted, when I called the Ford New Vehicle Support team, they told me it was initiated by the dealer. When I went to the dealer and we called them again from there, they refused to speak to anyone from the dealer and hung up. They're basically throwing the dealers under the bus.

Sponsored

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If there is a major safety/Quality issue -- They can do what's called an intransit hold -- Which means the vehicle is stopped where it is until it is repaired -- This is rare but sounds like what is happening.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are adding a new set of "Delivery Milestones" in VV to add more line of site to delivery issues. The explanations are still somewhat vague but better than the nothing we got before.

Ford Bronco Sales/ Marketing Hold?? 1649268602380

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@JoshuaPrieto that's what I was later told. As I initially posted, when I called the Ford New Vehicle Support team, they told me it was initiated by the dealer. When I went to the dealer and we called them again from there, they refused to speak to anyone from the dealer and hung up. They're basically throwing the dealers under the bus.

Yes, Ford pushes everything to the dealership, Ford Support, Fordpass, and Ford Service Support - they will never speak to you when you are at the dealership and have any staff with you. They'll hang up or ask to you to turn it off speaker.

Happens more than you expect. Why? Because, they are hourly paid employees that follow scripts and when they don't have an answer - they blame someone.

OP
OP
coryfg

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are adding a new set of "Delivery Milestones" in VV to add more line of site to delivery issues. The explanations are still somewhat vague but better than the nothing we got before.

It's no wonder I was told the hold was initiated by the dealer with that kind of description for Sales & Marketing Hold. Not sure why that delay was created when the dealer can't initiate a hold.

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are these "Delivery Milestones" a very recent development? I've been stuck in production and wondering if Ford will note this about my vehicle, just for my own sanity.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these "Delivery Milestones" a very recent development? I've been stuck in production and wondering if Ford will note this about my vehicle, just for my own sanity.
Maybe a month ago but I didn't see any for us when I was in VV yesterday. This is probably going to be phased in as more units get built and hung up for one reason or another.
Sponsored