Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX 9/14/21 order this is what I know about my order absolutely nothing, and after reading these post maybe its best to keep it that way !
Sponsored

MaxtheMonster

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My delivery date change 4 times. Was very frustrating! The overall wait was 13 months. Looking back it seemed like an eternity. Now that I have it, it was worth the wait!

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford sent me an email on 06/10/2022 informing that my Bronco was built on 06/08/2022. I called Ford Marketing on 06/10/2022 to verify it was built with no chip or part holds. They assure me that there were no holds and it was released for shipping

The Backdoor app posted an estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20.

I called Ford Marketing on 06/21/2022. They told me that my status would update later in the day and to call back tomorrow. The following day they informed me that my estimated delivery was bumped to 06/25 - 07/01. They did not know why it was bumped. It was showing built and released for shipping.

My salesman checked the status on 06/27/2022 on his end and it showed as built / plant hold. There was nothing noting what the hold was based on. I called Ford Marketing the same day and initially they told me it built and released on their end. When I told them what my salesman saw they “double checked” the system and said the did see it listed as built / plant hold. They had no idea what the hold was based on but said if it was a chip hold it would be recorded as a chip hold.

My estimated delivery window was bumped without any notice on 06/29/2022 on the Backdoor tracker to 07/02 to 07/08.

I called Ford Marketing on 07/02/2022 to try to see what was the delay. I was informed that my Bronco was previously recorded as “on delay” (new terminology to me in this ordeal) and the delay was removed. There’s no holds and it’s released to shipping and will arrive by 07/08/2022. She said the delay was due to convoy shortages.

Two Broncos were delivered to my dealership (20 miles from MAP) on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. Proof the convoys are running.

Ford sent an email during the late evening on Tuesday, July 5, 2022 informing me that my original estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20 was bumped to 07/02 - 07/08 (same dates as reported on the Ford Backdoor app 5 says earlier ??????).

I called Ford Marketing today (07/07/2022) to see if the status had changed. I was informed it is reported as built / delay / plant hold and that has been the case since it was declared built on 06/08/2022. I told her what I was told in my previous communications and felt that I was lied to. She said she was sorry and didn’t understand why I wasn’t told it was on hold. As expected, she was unable to tell me why the hold is based on.

The only good thing is now I can stop checking the shipping status 25 times per day because it’s obviously not coming anytime soon snd their estimated shipping windows are nonsense.

I hope you guys have better luck than me.

96BECF1F-00CC-42F3-BAA8-A39C942A5CD8.jpeg
DF61EC8A-A798-4A3B-9906-836AD484FB0A.jpeg
DDBDE36E-B3B7-4FD7-8AE9-26D6058368B6.jpeg
My salesman sent me a video last Saturday (July 2nd) of my HOSS3 Wildtrak... Ford still doesn't have the "Shipped" light green. So just because it doesn't show shipped, it might be at the dealership.

Our salesman let us drive it, even though "transport mode" was still active... It really limits the power, even my wife said it didn't have "pep"! She's not a performance junky.

Long story short, I got mine while for listed it as "not shipped". Good luck man, I was a Day 6 Res holder.

Chris

OP
OP
Hudman316

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My salesman sent me a video last Saturday (July 2nd) of my HOSS3 Wildtrak... Ford still doesn't have the "Shipped" light green. So just because it doesn't show shipped, it might be at the dealership.

Our salesman let us drive it, even though "transport mode" was still active... It really limits the power, even my wife said it didn't have "pep"! She's not a performance junky.

Long story short, I got mine while for listed it as "not shipped". Good luck man, I was a Day 6 Res holder.

Chris
Thanks. I’m far more relaxed about it now that I know what the hold up is. It’s a part hold - and it’s nothing major.

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got pushed back another 3 days. Really. Oh well who knows at this point

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like a typical customer service experience in the year 2022. The processes and systems at large corporations have seemingly become smarter than the CSRs that use them, so you're better off just using the system directly if you can.
I have had excellent customer service from other automakers in 2022. Ford is a very significant outlier in the negative direction.

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have had excellent customer service from other automakers in 2022. Ford is a very significant outlier in the negative direction.
First, I am not a Ford person (Bronco being my first). However, Ford has just experienced the perfect storm! They have had to produce the best selling vehicle (F150), Hottest ICE vehicle (Bronco) and the hottest EV (Lightning) during a worldwide pandemic that has had devastating effects on their supply chains, distribution networks and vendor availability. All these unavoidable supply issues while demand increased significantly during this period.
I doubt if any other manufacturer could have done better under similar conditions!

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I sure hope that FMC is using this 3 week period of no scheduling to get some serious makeup work done. If not, shame on them!

BroncoBets

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm afraid I'm in a similar boat. After waiting two years, I finally received a blend date of 6/22. Modules and tear tag populated, but I never received a build email and the status still shows as "In Production". I've called CS multiple times and they ensure me it's been built and awaiting shipping. When I ask why it's not showing as "Built" yet they can't tell me anything. I assume it is also on a part hold and the systems just haven't updated yet.

I can understand Covid/supply chain delays, but Ford's lack of communication with its customers and completely inept software systems and customer service are inexcusable.

They are the most incompetent company I've had the displeasure of purchasing from in recent memory. I will not purchase another Ford after this experience.

luciferkillroy

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s nothing my Broncos been sitting since January 30, 2022 Outer banks lux. package

Sponsored

TedO

Outer Banks
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 King Ranch 2022 and 2018 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to further disappoint anyone, but mine was built March 21 - it was delivered to the dealer June 26- after a week delay due to the windshield debacle, we picked it up July 5th!!

AzGrrl480

Badlands
First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata and Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked my Badlands up yesterday after a 16 month wait. Worth the wait, but be sure to be seated when seeing the final number when paying.
story time please!! Markup? No price protection? Details are needed 🤣

bordenbroncos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967, 1976, 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford sent me an email on 06/10/2022 informing that my Bronco was built on 06/08/2022. I called Ford Marketing on 06/10/2022 to verify it was built with no chip or part holds. They assure me that there were no holds and it was released for shipping

I called Ford Marketing on 06/21/2022. They told me that my status would update later in the day and to call back tomorrow. The following day they informed me that my estimated delivery was bumped to 06/25 - 07/01. They did not know why it was bumped. It was showing built and released for shipping.

My salesman checked the status on 06/27/2022 on his end and it showed as built / plant hold. There was nothing noting what the hold was based on. I called Ford Marketing the same day and initially they told me it built and released on their end. When I told them what my salesman saw they “double checked” the system and said the did see it listed as built / plant hold. They had no idea what the hold was based on but said if it was a chip hold it would be recorded as a chip hold.

My estimated delivery window was bumped without any notice on 06/29/2022 on the Backdoor tracker to 07/02 to 07/08.

I called Ford Marketing on 07/02/2022 to try to see what was the delay. I was informed that my Bronco was previously recorded as “on delay” (new terminology to me in this ordeal) and the delay was removed. There’s no holds and it’s released to shipping and will arrive by 07/08/2022. She said the delay was due to convoy shortages.

Two Broncos were delivered to my dealership (20 miles from MAP) on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. Proof the convoys are running.

Ford sent an email during the late evening on Tuesday, July 5, 2022 informing me that my original estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20 was bumped to 07/02 - 07/08 (same dates as reported on the Ford Backdoor app 5 says earlier ??????).

I called Ford Marketing today (07/07/2022) to see if the status had changed. I was informed it is reported as built / delay / plant hold and that has been the case since it was declared built on 06/08/2022. I told her what I was told in my previous communications and felt that I was lied to. She said she was sorry and didn’t understand why I wasn’t told it was on hold. As expected, she was unable to tell me why the hold is based on.

The only good thing is now I can stop checking the shipping status 25 times per day because it’s obviously not coming anytime soon snd their estimated shipping windows are nonsense.

Yep... build date 5/24 with delivery 10-16 June... then 17-23 June... 24-30 June... etc... etc... still no Bronco! But the dealer did tell me due to shortage of delivery drivers a couple weeks ago. I could have walked there and got it my self by now.
I am a first week reservation holder that was pushed to 2022 and now coming up on two years since reservation next week. The wait doesn't bother me near as much as the lies.

alancorman1

Badlands
First Name
Corman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
story time please!! Markup? No price protection? Details are needed 🤣
Paid the exact amount when I ordered it. Recommend Granger Ford if you desire an extended warranty. The best price from my dealer was $1900 versus $1165 with Granger(60/100)

Paul113

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Hang in there man. Went through the same 2 year wait. Finally got mine a week ago. Worth the wait.
Sponsored