Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was there with you but they say mines going to be delivered on 7/26 we will see

Screenshot_20220622-032339_Gmail.jpg
They don’t know the exact day. They give you an estimated shipping window and they are bumping people over and over.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AlphaSpace1

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I obviously didn’t believe them because the story changed over and over. My salesman found the hold.

They can keep their gift card. 🤣
The best I heard from their customer service team is there was no ice mtn, The vehicles were in a climate controlled warehouse . 🙄😂
Ford Bronco Ford Marketing Finally Told Me The Truth 9D40690C-263B-4312-9E61-A04683AD4802
I was a 1/17 build week. Original EDD was Feb. I didn't take delivery until the end of April.

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

background: i am another ice mountain captive. blend 1/24. finally built 6/14, shipped about two weeks later and still in transit.

so, for nearly all of february, bronco marketing and dealer kept saying i was still in production and there was no chip hold. EDD was end of feb. then the system finally showed chip hold towards end of feb with an EDD of late may. then EDD moved to august. then in early may i finally came off chip hold but was still stuck “in production”. two weeks later i went back on chip hold for another month before i was finally built. some 1/3 and 1/10 blends stuck on ice mountain originally for a chip hold then saw a “plant hold” which was actually for a bad batch of airbags.
i think some of the people you get on the phone are clueless or just want to end the call as quickly as possible. many are third party reps who legit don’t have much access. i also think their system can take a while to update. bottom like is they aren’t great at communication, and in some instances it certainly seems intentional but some really is lack of info/details. hope you get it soon.

OP
OP
Hudman316

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The best I heard from their customer service team is there was no ice mtn, The vehicles were in a climate controlled warehouse . 🙄😂
Ford Bronco Ford Marketing Finally Told Me The Truth 9D40690C-263B-4312-9E61-A04683AD4802
I was a 1/17 build week. Original EDD was Feb. I didn't take delivery until the end of April.
That’s only one parking lot. One ice mountain. There are more parking lots full of Broncos and F150’s waiting on chips in Dearborn, Dearborn Heights and Allen Park.

Sponsored

MLMELEND

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford sent me an email on 06/10/2022 informing that my Bronco was built on 06/08/2022. I called Ford Marketing on 06/10/2022 to verify it was built with no chip or part holds. They assure me that there were no holds and it was released for shipping

The Backdoor app posted an estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20.

I called Ford Marketing on 06/21/2022. They told me that my status would update later in the day and to call back tomorrow. The following day they informed me that my estimated delivery was bumped to 06/25 - 07/01. They did not know why it was bumped. It was showing built and released for shipping.

My salesman checked the status on 06/27/2022 on his end and it showed as built / plant hold. There was nothing noting what the hold was based on. I called Ford Marketing the same day and initially they told me it built and released on their end. When I told them what my salesman saw they “double checked” the system and said the did see it listed as built / plant hold. They had no idea what the hold was based on but said if it was a chip hold it would be recorded as a chip hold.

My estimated delivery window was bumped without any notice on 06/29/2022 on the Backdoor tracker to 07/02 to 07/08.

I called Ford Marketing on 07/02/2022 to try to see what was the delay. I was informed that my Bronco was previously recorded as “on delay” (new terminology to me in this ordeal) and the delay was removed. There’s no holds and it’s released to shipping and will arrive by 07/08/2022. She said the delay was due to convoy shortages.

Two Broncos were delivered to my dealership (20 miles from MAP) on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. Proof the convoys are running.

Ford sent an email during the late evening on Tuesday, July 5, 2022 informing me that my original estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20 was bumped to 07/02 - 07/08 (same dates as reported on the Ford Backdoor app 5 says earlier ??????).

I called Ford Marketing today (07/07/2022) to see if the status had changed. I was informed it is reported as built / delay / plant hold and that has been the case since it was declared built on 06/08/2022. I told her what I was told in my previous communications and felt that I was lied to. She said she was sorry and didn’t understand why I wasn’t told it was on hold. As expected, she was unable to tell me why the hold is based on.

The only good thing is now I can stop checking the shipping status 25 times per day because it’s obviously not coming anytime soon snd their estimated shipping windows are nonsense.

I hope you guys have better luck than me.

We are in the same situation......our dealer is about 20 miles further from the plant. The dealer and chat are telling us an ETA of 7/10 (Sunday ??).... Do you have a link to the Backdoor App ?

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford sent me an email on 06/10/2022 informing that my Bronco was built on 06/08/2022. I called Ford Marketing on 06/10/2022 to verify it was built with no chip or part holds. They assure me that there were no holds and it was released for shipping

I called Ford Marketing on 06/21/2022. They told me that my status would update later in the day and to call back tomorrow. The following day they informed me that my estimated delivery was bumped to 06/25 - 07/01. They did not know why it was bumped. It was showing built and released for shipping.

My salesman checked the status on 06/27/2022 on his end and it showed as built / plant hold. There was nothing noting what the hold was based on. I called Ford Marketing the same day and initially they told me it built and released on their end. When I told them what my salesman saw they “double checked” the system and said the did see it listed as built / plant hold. They had no idea what the hold was based on but said if it was a chip hold it would be recorded as a chip hold.

My estimated delivery window was bumped without any notice on 06/29/2022 on the Backdoor tracker to 07/02 to 07/08.

I called Ford Marketing on 07/02/2022 to try to see what was the delay. I was informed that my Bronco was previously recorded as “on delay” (new terminology to me in this ordeal) and the delay was removed. There’s no holds and it’s released to shipping and will arrive by 07/08/2022. She said the delay was due to convoy shortages.

Two Broncos were delivered to my dealership (20 miles from MAP) on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. Proof the convoys are running.

Ford sent an email during the late evening on Tuesday, July 5, 2022 informing me that my original estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20 was bumped to 07/02 - 07/08 (same dates as reported on the Ford Backdoor app 5 says earlier ??????).

I called Ford Marketing today (07/07/2022) to see if the status had changed. I was informed it is reported as built / delay / plant hold and that has been the case since it was declared built on 06/08/2022. I told her what I was told in my previous communications and felt that I was lied to. She said she was sorry and didn’t understand why I wasn’t told it was on hold. As expected, she was unable to tell me why the hold is based on.

The only good thing is now I can stop checking the shipping status 25 times per day because it’s obviously not coming anytime soon snd their estimated shipping windows are nonsense.

I spoke to Ford Marketing Yesterday. I was told there were no Holds on my bronco. I pushed them and they stayed with their story. I was also told it should be at my dealer on 7/11 Monday. I still having a hard time believing this. It's funny also that they ask you to complete a survey after the call. One of the question is do you trust Ford. I gave it a 5. I'm worried they would hold my bronco longer. LOL

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

96BECF1F-00CC-42F3-BAA8-A39C942A5CD8.jpeg
DF61EC8A-A798-4A3B-9906-836AD484FB0A.jpeg
DDBDE36E-B3B7-4FD7-8AE9-26D6058368B6.jpeg
This sucks.
Severe driver shortage. Covid has messed up everything for years to come.
How many build date changes did you have? I'm on my 5th.
I don't want to think about delivery date changes. I'm in Ann Arbor and would happily pick up my future Bronco at Ford assembly. Apologies to truck drivers and dealers, but do I really need to go through an antiquated, delivery system in 2022? I check out my own groceries.
Options!

OP
OP
Hudman316

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This sucks.
I don't want to think about delivery date changes. I'm in Ann Arbor and would happily pick up my future Bronco at Ford assembly. Apologies to truck drivers and dealers, but do I really need to go through an antiquated, delivery system in 2022? I check out my own groceries.
Options!
background: i am another ice mountain captive. blend 1/24. finally built 6/14, shipped about two weeks later and still in transit.

so, for nearly all of february, bronco marketing and dealer kept saying i was still in production and there was no chip hold. EDD was end of feb. then the system finally showed chip hold towards end of feb with an EDD of late may. then EDD moved to august. then in early may i finally came off chip hold but was still stuck “in production”. two weeks later i went back on chip hold for another month before i was finally built. some 1/3 and 1/10 blends stuck on ice mountain originally for a chip hold then saw a “plant hold” which was actually for a bad batch of airbags.
i think some of the people you get on the phone are clueless or just want to end the call as quickly as possible. many are third party reps who legit don’t have much access. i also think their system can take a while to update. bottom like is they aren’t great at communication, and in some instances it certainly seems intentional but some really is lack of info/details. hope you get it soon.

I’m not sure how deep they can access the system and see the details behind the hold but ultimately my problem is with them not telling me it was on hold. They have access to that. Also, I would rather th admit they have no clue why it’s on hold rather than share conjecture as facts. For example; blaming it on a convoy shortage or on the employees not processing the final paper work in a timely manner. Just tell us you have no clue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hudman316

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This sucks.
Options!
Well there is good news: The driver shortage isn’t as bad as reported here for local convoys. Shipping should not delay your Bronco from getting to Ann Arbor. Broncos are being delivered to local Ford dealers daily.

My delay is 100% related to part shortages according to a very reliable, confidential source. The supply chain will continue to be a problem well into next year. It’s the new normal for now. Hopefully, US manufacturing learns from this and brings back part manufacturing to the US and start making microchips here as well.

Sponsored

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Escape, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Parts shortages are really not new for Ford in recent years. It is just more pervasive now. Back in 2019 when I ordered my Ranger, they had parts shortages and had Rangers stacking up in a lot. One of the parts they were short on were the the bed tie-downs and the bolts that fastened them to the truck. This led to anything built after June of 2019 only having 4 tie-downs instead of 6.

The way Ford handles shipping completed units out of the hold lots is LIFO - last in, first out. Meaning that units built first are the last to get their missing parts. This explains to certain extent why more recently built units ship before previously built do.

My Ranger was built before the cutoff, but shipped with only 4 tie-downs installed and I had to request the other 2 tie-downs & bolts under warranty. The parts were back ordered so it took a couple months to get them.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was similar, there was never any tracking, it just showed up at the dealer.
So, you checked trackers and the Ford website and your VIN in your account was never listed? Or was it showing Scheduled for Production'? No access to your window sticker until it showed up at the dealership? If you don't mind, what were your Res/Ord/Del dates? Glad to hear you received it!