Sponsored

San Francisco- Worthwhile to order from Granger?

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Tesla Model X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

San Francisco resident here and looking to see if anyone has done the math if it makes sense to order their bronco from @Granger Ford ? A quick search had shipping alone ~$1,100, which brings the price to basically invoice. Not sure if other Bay Area dealers will come in at invoice.

Would love some feedback and insight from the experts. Thanks!
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Imo, if you're shipping it from there you're probably better off buying local with x-plan. If you want to fly in and drive out like I'm doing but to the opposite coast you'll likely pocket a good amount depending on what you want to do on the trip home.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imo, if you're shipping it from there you're probably better off buying local with x-plan. If you want to fly in and drive out like I'm doing but to the opposite coast you'll likely pocket a good amount depending on what you want to do on the trip home.
And it’s Iowa... it’s God’s country....?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you already have an early reservation? If not, you better order from a big dealer in a major market...Granger isn’t getting allocation for reservations this late for a very long time under the system Ford just switched to.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

San Francisco resident here and looking to see if anyone has done the math if it makes sense to order their bronco from @Granger Ford ? A quick search had shipping alone ~$1,100, which brings the price to basically invoice. Not sure if other Bay Area dealers will come in at invoice.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/groups/bay-area-broncos.6/?page=1

We're looking at a group buy. Granger is nice, but ultimately, you'll likely spend more just in hassle, gas, and fees. Better off doing X plan and being a part of a group buy to maybe get more off.

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know this is a stretch.... Granger has quickly built a cult following consistently displaying rarely seen honest communication and the focus on the customer. A little bit of “Field of Dreams” Iowa nice sprinkled in as well.

The mustang had Tasca Ford, Camaro was Yenko. I see the Bronco being synonymous with Granger. I wouldn’t be surprised to see if Granger plans for Bronco reunions at some point in the future.

Buying from Granger is more than a transaction. If that is important to you buy, then consider them.

If not, skip and buy locally.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this is a stretch.... Granger has quickly built a cult following consistently displaying rarely seen honest communication and the focus on the customer. A little bit of “Field of Dreams” Iowa nice sprinkled in as well.

The mustang had Tasca Ford, Camaro was Yenko. I see the Bronco being synonymous with Granger. I wouldn’t be surprised to see if Granger plans for Bronco reunions at some point in the future.

Buying from Granger is more than a transaction. If that is important to you buy, then consider them.

Well said.
As some others have stated. Define worthwhile :)

you know where I stand!

OP
OP

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/groups/bay-area-broncos.6/?page=1

We're looking at a group buy. Granger is nice, but ultimately, you'll likely spend more just in hassle, gas, and fees. Better off doing X plan and being a part of a group buy to maybe get more off.
I have yet to put in a reservation at this point, so totally am open to a group buy at a bigger dealer. Honestly, I'm looking for the best deal available whether it is locally or buying out of state.

OP
OP

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to experience and it would be cool to pickup in IA and make it an adventure, but only if the deal is worth it. I love how good Granger has been and what they're about, rather than some of these greedy dealers, but for me it all comes down to cost.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Serramonte is offering xplan, so I doubt that the hassle and extra expense of ordering out of state will be worth it.

Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I would love to experience and it would be cool to pickup in IA and make it an adventure, but only if the deal is worth it. I love how good Granger has been and what they're about, rather than some of these greedy dealers, but for me it all comes down to cost.
Granger will arrange a transport to your city at a discounted rate when delivered with your follow Bronco lovers. The cost is fairly low and even if it is a net zero gain, I think we need to send the other dealers a message!

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great question. Others have made great points about buying local in groups to influence pricing down at local dealers though volume.

Two other regional groups on the forum had the same idea (Colorado Bronco Club and Georgia Bronco), but instead of using a local dealer they utilized Granger and applied the idea to improving shipping cost. I know for Atlanta I was looking at $850-950 shipped from Granger, until Colorado and one of my local members in Atlanta ( @GiddyUp ) was able to organize some transports that reduced our cost to $450 shipped. Making the purchase with Granger so much easier.

I personally was influenced by the idea of buying from Granger just based on the their contributions here and reducing pricing I could not find anywhere else. I am looking forward to the day when I can say at a Bronco meet "I GOT IT AT GRANGER". I never ever put a dealers name on my vehicle purchase. Big switch for me.

Ford Bronco San Francisco- Worthwhile to order from Granger? GIAG-sticker03_sm

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the changes Granger announced today, it’ll be interesting to see what happens. Their pricing is amazing and if can get a group shipping that is under $1k it is even more attractive. Now if only they could build them faster at Ford!

bronco247

Wildtrak
First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Hyundai Accent
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm interested. If we can get 4 more folks for group buy, the shipping costs are greatly reduced.
4 more from what? Did I miss something? There's a spreadsheet being made of people down for the group buy... did you mean from that? As of this post, there's 20 on there.
Sponsored