Sponsored

Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Could be a worker safety issue. As a Union worker, some of those senior folks reaching up there to put on a roof rack could be dangerous, one could fall an break a hip..
Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

So as we know, Ford has disallowed roof racks on the Sasquatch package. Some say, why do you care, just add it in the aftermarket. Well there’s a few responses I have for that as well as addressing why this should matter to Ford.

First and foremost, most people that will be using the $$$$ ford rooftop accessories are the same people outfitting their truck for off-road duty with the Sasquatch package. Not 100%, but I am positive there is a strong correlation between the two. This will undoubtedly hurt Ford’s accessories salesNot to mention selling less of the $300 roof racks.

Second, the two things Ford touted most was 1. Sasquatch can be had on “ANY MODEL” and 2. Ford will offer 200+ accessories for the Bronco. Kinda blows both can’t be had together (yes I know not all accessories are for the roof rack but many are).

Third, many buyers want the ease of a Ford installed rack that is designed for the truck and is designed for all the ford accessories. Additionally, if there was no rack option at all, it wouldn’t be a big deal, but since there’s a “nice rack” ? available from Ford and Ford touted all the accessories for it, we want it on our expensively equipped Sasquatch rig.

Figure it out FORD. Save the racks!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So as we know, Ford has disallowed roof racks on the Sasquatch package. Some say, why do you care, just add it in the aftermarket. Well there’s a few responses I have for that as well as addressing why this should matter to Ford.

First and foremost, most people that will be using the $$$$ ford rooftop accessories are the same people outfitting their truck for off-road duty with the Sasquatch package. Not 100%, but I am positive there is a strong correlation between the two. This will undoubtedly hurt Ford’s accessories salesNot to mention selling less of the $300 roof racks.

Second, the two things Ford touted most was 1. Sasquatch can be had on “ANY MODEL” and 2. Ford will offer 200+ accessories for the Bronco. Kinda blows both can’t be had together (yes I know not all accessories are for the roof rack but many are).

Third, many buyers want the ease of a Ford installed rack that is designed for the truck and is designed for all the ford accessories. Additionally, if there was no rack option at all, it wouldn’t be a big deal, but since there’s a “nice rack” ? available from Ford and Ford touted all the accessories for it, we want it on our expensively equipped Sasquatch rig.

I agree, and after testing, maybe they can change it. Not a huge deal though, as you can just add it later with your dealer or buy aftermarket. It is a fine rack, but the aftermarket ones will be much nicer and better designed.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least allow us to have it on the 2.7L 4dr Badlands. That's all I really want

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yea Ford should delay the release and re-engineer the whole rig and make it worse offroad for a few people who don't want to order the factory roof rack separately and spend 5 minutes installing it themselves.

Like I said in one of the other 2 dozen threads on this, look at the competition. There's no roof racks in Jeeps build and price and the owners manual states it is not designed to carry an additional load on the roof.

But has that ever stopped anyone? No.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can put roof racks on some builds with the Sasquatch package. The B&P disallows it only on some, just like it disallows it on some 2.7L engine adds. I believe it's just a weird thing with the B&P tool.

For example: if you build an OBX with Sasquatch and the 2.7L, you can still add roof racks. But you can't add them on the Wildtrak or a Badlands with either the 2.7L or Sasquatch. Seems more like a glitch than anything. It'll get sorted out.

11sjoran

Black Diamond
First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Roof Rack can be an added option on the BB with Sasquatch and all accessories

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch 2.7 2 dr....problem solved.

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fourth, if you put that roof rack on through your dealer at a later date and get into an accident or a rollover good luck on getting your insurance to cover anything.

My guess is they either didn't account for or didn't correctly estimate the added weight or rollover possibilities with adding the rack and any of the associated weight it could handle when accounting for the Sasquatch package.

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

You can put roof racks on some builds with the Sasquatch package. The B&P disallows it only on some, just like it disallows it on some 2.7L engine adds. I believe it's just a weird thing with the B&P tool.

For example: if you build an OBX with Sasquatch and the 2.7L, you can still add roof racks. But you can't add them on the Wildtrak or a Badlands with either the 2.7L or Sasquatch. Seems more like a glitch than anything. It'll get sorted out.
I think the OBX scenario was a glitch, showing the roof rack when selecting the bimini top...??? Could be wrong there.

I hope it’s a glitch but rumor is it’s not. More of a weight issue.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Yea I wish Ford would just make a statement about what's accurate and what isn't. Would be super easy to put this whole thing to bed.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just to post the same thing - I definitely want the rack and I am afraid we will not be able to get it separately for a good while.
So I think I am opting for the roof rack and non SASq. Since I do not need hardcore SAS - I will go with aftermarket basic lift and 34 or 35" tires later at a later point.

Anyone see issue with that plan ?

Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket 1604071463906

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fourth, if you put that roof rack on through your dealer at a later date and get into an accident or a rollover good luck on getting your insurance to cover anything.

My guess is they either didn't account for or didn't correctly estimate the added weight or rollover possibilities with adding the rack and any of the associated weight it could handle when accounting for the Sasquatch package.
Why wouldn't insurance cover it? You're saying your insurance won't cover any accessory that you put on your vehicle? I would find new insurance, unless its a state law or something.
My insurance will cover $XXX amount of aftermarket accessories, not sure the exact amount...
Sponsored