First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The lack of crash bars on the Sasquatch package has been pointed out on several occasions. Problem for me is that I have never read a satisfactory explanation.

The, “Ford lawyers wouldn’t allow it if there was a problem “explanation falls short. I would like to hear the logic behind it from someone “in the know” who could share the actual reason and rational. Thanks
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Search the topic here on Bronco6g. People have posted not only the replacement crash bars which give higher clearance (search my posts) and others have posted thr NHTSA regs on thr matter.

As usual, the answer to your question is only a few button clicks away!

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crash bars are not required. It was something ford added to the f150 years ago but only the super crew had them. It just helps them raise the safety ratings for a crash.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I saw the Broncos in person I noticed that the crash bars were actually pretty ugly and obvious. Meaning you can see them without actually having to look for them.

So the fact that they're gone actually looks better, I don't know what impact it will have on any safety. I asked the rep specifically what they were for and he said it was to redirect the tire in case of a crash. Do we need them? Maybe.... Do I want them... Prob Not.

I think the other off-road vehicles that have to cut fenders out and make huge holes to fit larger tires remove more things than a crash bar.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Search the topic here on Bronco6g. People have posted not only the replacement crash bars which give higher clearance (search my posts) and others have posted thr NHTSA regs on thr matter.

As usual, the answer to your question is only a few button clicks away!
have you used the search function on here? It's sometimes better just asking the question again and makes even more sense when the topic has been buried by tons of other stuff

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
have you used the search function on here? It's sometimes better just asking the question again and makes even more sense when the topic has been buried by tons of other stuff
Amen!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, yes I have.
I'm not the world's smartest smarty type person, so I have to use old fashioned common sense.

Search words used: crash bar
By: Rick Astley

Result:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/high-clearance-anti-intrusion-beams.11527/

I don't know, this is not difficult. It's a standard search engine.

For reference, I'm in accounting, not IT or anything tech based.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I reply the same on other threads as well. But when I think about it, it's not the search as much as the pages and pages of complaints one has to read through trying to get actual knowledge from a thread.

And then there is the problem that this forum has been around since 2015, has had tens of thousands of post....and most of it is all conjecture because Ford won't deliver any Broncos or let anyone not under contract drive one and do a review.

Basically.. the data is a moving target so much, that search results (after reading pages and pages of flannel remarks) is out dated anyway.

But even I get sick of the Tow package threads.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just use google to search. Every car forum has a horrible search engine.

The knee jerk reaction when a newbie ask a question is that a seasoned member comes back with “use the search function” and they say this knowing the search engine sucks. I don’t get it.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just use google to search. Every car forum has a horrible search engine.

The knee jerk reaction when a newbie ask a question is that a seasoned member comes back with “use the search function” and they say this knowing the search engine sucks. I don’t get it.
I have come to chalk it up as the circle of live on these forums

tenor.gif

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands