Sponsored

Sasquatch for On-Road Guy?

Sasquatch for a 100% On-Road guy? Yes or no?

• Total voters

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I test drove a Big Bend 4dr with the SAS package and it handled great on the secondary roads and at speed on the interstate. Not a real concern there, aside from the reduced MPG. Looked fantastic too - aggressive and, like you, I really like the wheels on the package. I will mostly be doing highway driving but also want to mix in some off-roading, so went with the SAS. It comes down to deciding if the SAS package is right for you and need vs. want. I personally think the SAS package is great value for your dollar and gives you added versatility, should your circumstances change and you want to do more off-roading. I also think the SAS package adds to the resale value, which is something to keep in mind. That said and capability wise, I've seen stock Broncos without the SAS package doing some amazing things on and off road, so it's not like you absolutely NEED the package. Lots of folks are doing lift kits w/bigger tires and custom wheels for less and still have a very capable vehicle. I know; decisions, decisions!
Sponsored

Last edited:

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

everyone needs a sasquach... worse road manners, insane tier prices, poor gas mileage. yep, everyone needs 35s for a daily driver...

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 4-door full-size Black Diamond ordered, but I still have time to make changes.

I love love love the look of the Sasquatch tires. Aesethically it looks like a better fit for the Black Diamond (to me).

But to be honest I will not be off-roading much at all.

How is the ride of the Sasquatch for everyday on-roading? I am on the highway regularly. Is it a good, smooth ride, or is this the wrong package for my purposes?

Would love to hear what people think, especially people who have driven a Sasquatch.
I have put 3000 miles on my Base Sasquatch so far . It rides very smooth in my opinion . It’s what keeps me from swapping to 37s . Very enjoyable

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 4-door full-size Black Diamond ordered, but I still have time to make changes.

I love love love the look of the Sasquatch tires. Aesethically it looks like a better fit for the Black Diamond (to me).

But to be honest I will not be off-roading much at all.

How is the ride of the Sasquatch for everyday on-roading? I am on the highway regularly. Is it a good, smooth ride, or is this the wrong package for my purposes?

Would love to hear what people think, especially people who have driven a Sasquatch.
None of them are ideal for pavement. Consider a vehicle designed to excel for the type of driving you'll do.

OP
OP
rodmf

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, thanks everyone!! I didn't know anyone who drove a Sasquatch so I came here and got all this great input.

Most said from their experience it'll work just fine as an on-road SUV (though I'm definitely gonna try off-roading now).

I contacted the dealer and my order is now an Oxford White Black Diamond Sasquatch.

The final cost was comparable to a Wildtrack. I considered that option but prefer the BD vinyl seats to cloth and I don't want to pay more for leather.

I've been reading everything I could find in the last 6 months in order to make the best choices for my order. This is the final piece.

I'm super-pumped.

Thank you again everybody. What a great place this is!

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, thanks everyone!! I didn't know anyone who drove a Sasquatch so I came here and got all this great input.

Most said from their experience it'll work just fine as an on-road SUV (though I'm definitely gonna try off-roading now).

I contacted the dealer and my order is now an Oxford White Black Diamond Sasquatch.

The final cost was comparable to a Wildtrack. I considered that option but prefer the BD vinyl seats to cloth and I don't want to pay more for leather.

I've been reading everything I could find in the last 6 months in order to make the best choices for my order. This is the final piece.

I'm super-pumped.

Thank you again everybody. What a great place this is!
You should compare the price difference between the Black Diamond and the Badlands. You might be surprised by how little the difference in price is and the sway bar disconnect in the Badlands is likely to have significant impact on resale value.

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should compare the price difference between the Black Diamond and the Badlands. You might be surprised by how little the difference in price is and the sway bar disconnect in the Badlands is likely to have significant impact on resale value.
That’s exactly where we are in our decision. We originally ordered a black Diamond with MT but would like to Mansquatch it in 22. We compared our estimated price of that to the badlands and they are pretty much the same so we have switched our order to a badlands for now. Ours will be mainly an on-road vehicle too so now we are not sure if we want a mansquatch or just stick with the manual badlands.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s exactly where we are in our decision. We originally ordered a black Diamond with MT but would like to Mansquatch it in 22. We compared our estimated price of that to the badlands and they are pretty much the same so we have switched our order to a badlands for now. Ours will be mainly an on-road vehicle too so now we are not sure if we want a mansquatch or just stick with the manual badlands.
Other than rims and tires, it's pretty damn close to the Mansquatch (3/4" lift difference). I don't think that we are going to see a 2.7 manual transmission next year.

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In reality not a one of us “ needs” a Bronco. We all “ want” a Bronco. I have been informed by a colleague who is in a position through the media , and was therefore able to test drive every model Bronco with and without SAS. He reported the SAS equipped models had the best road ride. He also added the 2.3 was more then efficient when it came to powering the vehicle. You only go around once. The long black station wagon that provides you that final ride to the cemetery only gets 14 miles to the gallon, so live it up while you can. You get the SAS and it is all under warranty. I have built these things every conceivable way, and the only version that looks good without the SAS to me is the BL. However, I would still get the BL with SAS. Just my two cents.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The sas does look good, and if you want it go for it.

Me personally if I knew I was never going off pavement, I don't think I could justify the extra cost for it.
Sponsored