Sponsored

Sasquatch for On-Road Guy?

Sasquatch for a 100% On-Road guy? Yes or no?

• Total voters

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picked up my OBX Sasquatch soft top yesterday and the ride was amazing. All highway travel for about an hour and very quiet and smooth. It’s a quieter ride then my 2018 Mustang if you can believe that. Definitely go squatch the looks are as good as the ride. Good luck.

GRPinehurst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was somewhat in the same boat. Original order was non-SAS. The SAS suspension and drive discussions within this forum changed my mind along with the cost effectiveness of the upgrade.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 4400 miles on my 4Dr Base Sasquatch 2.7L hardtop. We did a Miami-Vermont-Miami road trip.

Drive characteristics: Previously owned 4 Wranglers with 32" being the largest tires. Sasquatch handles better and is much more smooth on the road. Very smooth at 85 mph. Forgiving ride.

Noise level: The noise level bothered my wife a bit on our long road trip. For me it was fine. Driving shorter commute distances should be fine. We have hardtop, so softtop will make worse. We also put rubber floor mats over the carpeted mats which reduces noise. You can hear the big all terrain tires, but I really don't mind. I may consider a less aggressive tread when I replace the stock GY tires.

Braking: The breaking is better than I expected it would be and even my wife thinks the brakes are fine, but it certainly doesn't stop like a sporty car. There is no getting around the fact that stopping the big tires takes more time and distance. I think I've adjusted my aggressive driving habits to give myself more space between other vehicles on the road. Brakes were a trade-off I was willing to make and again, better than expected.

Ingress/Egress: My wife and I are short and getting in and out is not really easy. We are both fit marathon runner, so it's not a big deal, but it's not comfortable. We currently do NOT have th tube steps, but will DEFINITELY buy them soon. The front grab handles do not work to help with entry. They should have put them up higher at the top of the A pillar. With the tube steps the handles may work better, but w/o they are kind of useless imo.

Height/visibility: Sasquatch is tall and the visibility i great. I love the high ride height and so does my wife. The wide stance of the vehicle makes it feel very planted to the ground and I never get the sense that it's tipping over around fast turns that I've felt in other vehicles I've owned.

Gas mileage: I've averaged as high as 18.5 mpg on our road trip and get about 16.7 mpg in the city. That's pretty bad, but other trims with smaller tires won't be much better. The gas tank in the 4Dr is 21 gallons, so I got close to 400 mile range per tank which is really nice.

Acceleration: Accelerating is stronger than I expected. I got the 2.7L because I want the ability to accelerate quickly on the highway, etc. When I punch it, it delivers and in no way do I feel I need more power. I also drive in normal, not sport mode. Sport mode is even better and revs up more before shifts. Off the line, the transmission winds through the gears when you punch it and isn't super fast, but once at speed acceleration barely lags. If you had a Base 2.7L with stock 30" tires, I imagine it would be very quick. Again, acceleration is better than expected.

Water forging: We drove through Miami in a flash flood thunderstorm the other night and it was a blast! Had my little girls in the back and we went fast through deep water sections with water spraying all over and everyone was giggling and screaming. The Bronco was planted and inspired doing these stunts. Fun moments like that are what Sasquatch is all about. Super confidence and ability to do crazy stuff. My kids beg for puddles now every time we get in the car.

Turning: This was a HUGE surprise for us! This vehicle turns on a dime. I really don't understand how the turning radius is so short, but it is. This combined with the rear camera make parking much easier than expected. The big tires turn super.

The Bronco took some getting used to after driving our Focus ST the past few years, but 2 months in both the wife and I love it w/Sasquatch. My wife was hell bent against it, but now she really likes it. For six months, I was firmly in the non-Sasquatch camp and wanted Badlands w/33s. Now, I'm the converted and wouldn't consider a Bronco without Squatch. The ride is super nice and smooth and would make a good commute vehicle. The Bronco grows on my wife and I daily and I can say I'm in love with it now.

Bring on the Raptor with 37s!

Last edited:

Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you won't be off-roading then flex and extra clearance isn't an issue for you. Why not consider a mild puck lift and new tires. You'll be less than $2k into it and can use those savings for other things. A 285/75-17 will still give you a pretty aggressive look. Just food for thought.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch for On-Road Guy? Do it
This ☝. Choose your favourite style of Wheels and tires, a slight lift and you'll come out much further ahead financially.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Life's too short. Follow your Bliss

And the next buyer of your Bronco will "Thank You" the same way off-roaders thank the Jeepsters for their mall crawlin' Rubicons

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would get it. If I was to guess, the resale value of a badlands Sasquatch Mgv, washed out floor will be much higher.

question for the thread.Everyone talks about the tires but isn’t the suspension much better too? I like the rims, but to me the suspension is more important than larger tires.

am I missing something here?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 4-door full-size Black Diamond ordered, but I still have time to make changes.

I love love love the look of the Sasquatch tires. Aesethically it looks like a better fit for the Black Diamond (to me).

But to be honest I will not be off-roading much at all.

How is the ride of the Sasquatch for everyday on-roading? I am on the highway regularly. Is it a good, smooth ride, or is this the wrong package for my purposes?

Would love to hear what people think, especially people who have driven a Sasquatch.
One more data point - if fuel economy is a factor don't worry about it. My non-sas Big Bend (2.3L, AT) with the 4.27 and 285/70/17 tires is averaging about 17 MPG city. I don't think the SAS would be much (if any) worse.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Evidently eating lot's'o brains makes one wise. I really want a non-squatch Badlands, but I'm also a OCD cheapskate so I went Base. I do have a second phase Granger reservation for 2k off MSRP, so there could still be a Badlands in my future. EG or whatever the chili pepper red is. Yes, I will put some 285/75r17s and a full body belly plate on my VB Base, and maybe even the Goose people's seat delete platform. Might even liner-x the top a full black.

Sponsored

bob.walnut12

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My saying is.....if it ain’t a SAS im’a PASS!!!!!!! Sasquatch all the way even if you’re daily driving. Need to be able to roll over zombies when the time comes. ;)

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice thing about the stock Sasquatch tires is the weigh in at 52lbs each. Most 315/70-17 tires are 65lbs or more. Not a drastic amount. But any weight savings helps with mileage. If that's a concern.
Good point and valuable on road. Not sure what the weight savings will mean for folks that go off road on trails that abuse sidewalls. Those folks will probably buy different tires anyway. I'll run the OEM tires until they wear out.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Greetings,

4 door Badsquatch here that is my daily driver. My commute is about 60 mile round trip, and i have put 1k miles on it in its first week total (including trail time last weekend). Sasquatch is fine for daily driving (as long as you don't mind the mpg), this thing is very smooth on and off-road. I would say go for it! (y)
what is your mpg with it?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry...4.5k is not worth it for looks alone for me. It also puts me out of my budget. If having an off road vehicle that has at least 35s has been a lifelong dream, then go for it. I've never needed or wanted that, so im gonna start with the non-squach BD. No matter what you do, you'll enjoy it.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But to be honest I will not be off-roading much at all.
Neither do most Jeeps…..and it won’t surprise me one bit when the Bronco is actually released to the public 🤪 that a lot of the ones we will see on the roads won’t be leaving the road until they get sold to second or third owners.
Sponsored