Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello,

I'm a car guy but not experienced with modifying off-roaders / trucks. I'm almost certainly buying a base 4-door. It'll be my daily driver. I'm considering the following modifications. Lockers don't appeal that much to me and I'm glad I said this online or else y'all would throw tomatoes or pineapple pizza at me ha. The more I think about it the more appealing it is to get the Sasquatch with warranty and no hassle. Please correct my guesses on prices, thank you.

4-door base requires automatic btw.

basic steel wheels 17x8: $140x5 = $700 (something like American Racing Baja)
A/T 33" tires: $260x5 = $1,300 (I've already priced this)
rear gear swap: $375x2 = $750 + $1000 install
helical LSD like Torsen, TrueTrac: $600x2 = $1,200 + $(installed with gears)
Speed calibration: $100ish

Total: $5,050.
The Sasquatch for the base is $5,790. Advanced 4x4 (can't add aftermarket); value $700.

Can a helical LSD be later installed with a Sasquatched Bronco? Or would it interfere with the locker or anything else?

Ugh not looking forward to the conversation with the wife on this.
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you can find a shop that can do all the work at the same time, it will probably cost you less on install...if you part it out like your list, your in the right ball Park.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If your going to do all of the above, going with the Sasquatch package is a no brainer YES. The Sasquatch package has millions of $$$ in engineering and testing plus you get it out of the box with a warranty.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doing all that work aftermarket most likely takes away your warranty tho.

I'd suggest probably better to go with Squatch package.

Throw in the fact that your numbers for aftermarket as guesses right now. Good for estimates, but will they hold up?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,

I'm a car guy but not experienced with modifying off-roaders / trucks. I'm almost certainly buying a base 4-door. It'll be my daily driver. I'm considering the following modifications. Lockers don't appeal that much to me and I'm glad I said this online or else y'all would throw tomatoes or pineapple pizza at me ha. The more I think about it the more appealing it is to get the Sasquatch with warranty and no hassle. Please correct my guesses on prices, thank you.

The Sasquatch for the base is $5,790. Advanced 4x4 (can't add aftermarket); value $700.

Can a helical LSD be later installed with a Sasquatched Bronco? Or would it interfere with the locker or anything else?

Just for the warranty I would do the Sasquatch.
Just curious, why would you want to remove a locker to install a LSD?

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree, go Sasquatch for sure. Not to nit pick but on your pricing you also have to add mounting and wheel balancing and getting an alignment. Also, spending $140 per wheel means you’d be getting the absolute cheapest possible wheels. I’d want at least average (nicer) wheels so realistically may I’d be spending minimum $250 per wheel.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you have super specific items/brands you want on your Bronco, or you intend to immediately strip Sasquatch items off your Bronco when it arrives just to replace them with something else... Sasquatch from the factory seems like a no brainer to me.

And if over time you decide to replace specific pieces as you learn more and new items become available... that’s totally appropriate.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also don’t forget wait time for shipping and availability of parts you wanna get after market.....you don’t want to be without a vehicle during that time unless you order and it arrives all at the same time. If you’re not saving half the price of a Squatch, no point in going after market. You’re already waiting for the Bronco, I wouldn’t wait another week or two to have it the way i want. Might as well get it from the factory. Unless you love to wrench, then it could be a labor of love? 🤷‍♂️

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you’re going to build it to Sasquatch specs just get the Sasquatch. If you’re going more extreme then build it!

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's my experience that it's very difficult to find a reliable shop to perform this kind of work. They either don't do it correctly or they take longer than estimated. Either way your price goes up, assuming the garage will charge $70-110/hr.
Also, I'd bet even money the Squatch and 4x4 system will perform better on ALL surfaces and last longer because, as previously noted, the millions that went into research and testing for THAT particular vehicle.
It's my opinion these after market parts are used to replace inferior parts. I don't get a sense anything on the Bronco will be low market but mid to high market.
Then there's warranty. Good luck with a garage on getting that. Parts as well. The parts might say they are warranted, but read the small print.
IMO...not worth the hassle and the risk. Too many variables in place to go wrong with your plan, no offense.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, that's a lot of helpful responses for 8:00am. Thank y'all. Crap I guess I'll be talking with the wife soon. Probably shouldn't have already told her that the off-road package was overkill for someone like me lol. It feels n nice not having to worry about all of the changes I was considering though!

Just for the warranty I would do the Sasquatch.
Just curious, why would you want to remove a locker to install a LSD?
I don't want to remove a locker. Maybe I didn't word that great. I just would like a LSD over a locker in general as the LSD automatically engages and disengages, and isn't just for slow speeds. I'll take it to the beach and some lighter trails but I'll likely never go rock crawling which from what I understand is where lockers shine. I do understand that they help with sand however so not hating on them just seem a bit much.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,

"Lockers don't appeal to me", then why do you itemize all the diff work? Buy the base and slap on a small lift and some larger tires.

You said it's a daily driver right? I'm assuming some light off-road trips, moderate trails? You'll be fine with the Base and a nice looking A/T tire in a 32/33" size.

bem

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 dodge Durango r/t 19 jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Old saying from 60s-70s muscle car area factory knows best it wasn't always followed but was true. go sasquatch get the warranty

OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Lockers don't appeal to me", then why do you itemize all the diff work? Buy the base and slap on a small lift and some larger tires.

You said it's a daily driver right? I'm assuming some light off-road trips, moderate trails? You'll be fine with the Base and a nice looking A/T tire in a 32/33" size.
The diff work is for like I said LSDs and regearing as the base has 3.73s with 30" wheels and I plan on going 33-33.5" which will probably throw off gearing enough to be annoying. I know the Big Bend can be had with 3.73's and it has a 32" wheel but if I'm putting LSDs in I may as well regear. That's my line of thought at least.

Yes, it'll be a family mover for occasional vacations to national parks and trips to the beach and light trails in the Houston area.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The diff work is for like I said LSDs and regearing as the base has 3.73s with 30" wheels and I plan on going 33-33.5" which will probably throw off gearing enough to be annoying. I know the Big Bend can be had with 3.73's and it has a 32" wheel but if I'm putting LSDs in I may as well regear. That's my line of thought at least.

Yes, it'll be a family mover for occasional vacations to national parks and trips to the beach and light trails in the Houston area.
I'd not worry about a re-gear with 3.73's and 33" tires, you'll be fine. This car has 400ft-lb of torque and a 10 speed.

In my opinion for your use case a base with a slightly larger tire will be perfect. Now, if you want to spend some $$ (nothing wrong with that!!) then go SAS vs. upgrading. You'll never get the value offered by SAS aftermarket. Just the Auto 4x4 alone is "priceless" in my opinion.
Sponsored