First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sasquatch-Rubicon-just marketing names for many buyers. It may well be comparing apples to oranges but to most buyers its just Bronco and Jeeps.
Totally agree. My wife would fall right in that category. She would be happy it came with a Sasquatch package but would not exactly know what it comes with.

We just bought a Gladiator and When she saw a Rubicon one, she would say I like that one! It was because of the lift and larger tires. Plus some red accent coloring and fake vents. They stood out.

I think Broncos with 33s and 35s will have the same effect. Ford should do a little bling with badging or something on the exterior, to show off the Sasquatch package.

what I’m trying to say is, everyone wants to see Sasquatch’s package.

I’ll show myself out.
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the same reason a collector car or truck is worth more with factory options then aftermarket parts. Big difference. Whats worth more

We are talking about value here. Not functionality. I think thats where your getting mixed up. Two totally different topics.

I know for a fact down the road if someone is buying a used Base model with a factory installed Sasquatch package its going to be worth more then a standard Base with aftermarket parts. And it will be more desirable.

Ford people with Bronco will be more refined because we will be spoiled right from the start with amazing models to chose from 7 all together along with amazing options to build them into a dream truck from the factory. The Bronco itself is more refined. We won't be forced to build Frankensteins.

And as you said Jeep people like to build Frankensteins and that itself will separate not all but much of the 2 different groups of people. As ridiculous as it sounds i know it will happen. Its just the way people are.

And also I understand Jeep offers lifts. But im pretty sure there not factory installed and two thats all they are is a lift. Big difference from the Sasquatch package that literally gives you everything to make your Bronco into a serious Off Roader. A lift on a Jeep sport does nothing but give it looks. Its still a peice of Sh$t. Its still has weak axels, crap gearing and no lockers.
I'd agree that people would much rather buy a factory built vehicle than something someone put together themselves. This becomes especially true for niche vehicles that 'could' be abused. Would you rather have a Mustang that got a supercharger from the factory or from "Bob, down the road"? And as was said earlier, the model type of the Bronco will drive the resale value far more than options.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It will all come down to who you “resell” it to. A dealership will pay more for safety/tech features and curb appeal because they can sell that to most customers. An off-roader will pay for lockers and suspension.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Buy the truck to fit your needs.

I'm not spending more money now, then driving around in a noisy lower mpg getting truck for 5 years in hopes of getting more money for it when I decide I'm done with it

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, Bronco people will be more refined. You know you can like the bronco and not bash Jeep and Jeep owners.

How does one observe those Heep people and NOT end up bashing them? Have you ever watched them for any amount of time? /s LOL ;)

LOL, I get it. It's all in good fun, but sometimes the intonation gets totally lost via internet. I do enjoy BS'ing with all fellow offroaders while out on the trail.....or at work...or whereever. But there's going tp be good natured ribbing coming from both sides, that's half the fun!

But you gotta admit, some of those Heep cliques are...ummm......different. LOL

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think resale value difference of a 'squatch will be significant. It's real stuff and turns a Base into something extraordinary. More than a badge (but a badge would be a good idea), unlike "Renegade " on the hood of a CJ-7 which is worth the cost of the vinyl to make it. A Rubicon is real and has some bling, A Base Sasquatch will be everything a Rubicon is and more , all for $35K...I think I've talked myself into it!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think resale value difference of a 'squatch will be significant. It's real stuff and turns a Base into something extraordinary. More than a badge (but a badge would be a good idea), unlike "Renegade " on the hood of a CJ-7 which is worth the cost of the vinyl to make it. A Rubicon is real and has some bling, A Base Sasquatch will be everything a Rubicon is and more , all for $35K...I think I've talked myself into it!
A Base Bronco with Sasquatch is a Rubicon killer in my opinion.

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm reminded of the zhp package on 2003-2005 bmw 3 series. Nowadays, a clean zhp is north of 20 grand used, while a non-zhp is less than 10k. If the spec speaks to enthusiasts, it will hold value contrary to what the math might suggest.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think people also need to understand that these sasquatch wheels say “beadlock capable” which means you still have to buy the beadlock rings and last I looked, that was another $800 or so. And with those rings, are they be considered DOT approved beadlocks or be classified as non-approved?

The moment my wife stated she wanted different wheels on her badsquatch, I ruled out the squatch part and will be going with just a Badlands. That could still change and I could sell off the squatch wheels/tires and recoup some of the money towards new ones.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So many factors to predict resale value.

Will Sasquatch be available forever?
Will all of these trims be around in the 2022 or future versions?
Will mid package become standard?

All of these things can dramatically impact what your vehicle is worth five years from now.
Condition of the vehicle at trade will have a far bigger impact than Sasquatch.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It will all come down to who you “resell” it to. A dealership will pay more for safety/tech features and curb appeal because they can sell that to most customers. An off-roader will pay for lockers and suspension.
Some buyers may see it as an expensive liability when it has 50k on the clock. It looks purpose built to beat the hell out of it.