Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most modern 4-wheelers are now automatic only. Just look at the 4runner.

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
of course, optimal case from a customer perspective is to start with the frame and check boxes from there though.

Even if you said, "XYZ combination is only available for custom orders", reality is, every single combination of parts involves some amount of engineering and calibration. you probably have a different axle for each combination of engine, transmission, suspension, and tire. You have so many axles you end up paying someone just to hold them all and deliver them in order to the assembly line.

These are very real costs, and at some point... a bean counter is going to ask "how many of this particular configuration do you think youre going to sell"?

you and I have the luxury of not worrying about these mundane business decisions, but ford has bills to pay.
No doubt, but that doesn't mean they can't or even shouldn't offer it. I'm not an idiot, I understand there's a cost lol.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

of course, optimal case from a customer perspective is to start with the frame and check boxes from there though.

Even if you said, "XYZ combination is only available for custom orders", reality is, every single combination of parts involves some amount of engineering and calibration. you probably have a different axle for each combination of engine, transmission, suspension, and tire. You have so many axles you end up paying someone just to hold them all and deliver them in order to the assembly line.

These are very real costs, and at some point... a bean counter is going to ask "how many of this particular configuration do you think youre going to sell"?

you and I have the luxury of not worrying about these mundane business decisions, but ford has bills to pay.
I remember reading years ago (back with the former CEO from Boeing) that the efficient factories are bringing the suppliers in house to integrate the suppliers production line to remove a big chunk of the parts sitting and storage. The article was actually a focus or fiesta plant and the Japanese manufacturers were actually wanting to study and learn how to integrate it...talk about an odd flip the script. I live fairly close to the GM plant that makes the Colorado and there are TONS of supplier buildings around the plant to direct feed the lines. Buddy of mine has the vending account for some of these and says the operations are massive...one has like 1.2mil sq feet.

Its_OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Listen I wasnt planning on a manual but i feel for the manual guys and gals. No manual squatch, no manual 2.7. Either offer a manual or dont offer a manual but dont offer one and half ass it and only make it 30% available. Also, dont hire Walter White from Breaking Bad to do these cool commericals with his awesome voice and get us all pumped then to find out as every day passes the bronco gets less and less desireable for people because we keep getting b.s. news. Either do a Bronco or dont do a Bronco but dont string us along with all this nonsense!

norsemen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion XB, FJ Cruiser, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford better be reading this forum... I WILL literally give you 40k+ USD of my $$$$$ to purchase a manual 7 speed bronco with the Sasquatch package... I want decent axels, suspension and 35's, and I want to row my own gears. Make it HAPPEN.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Package With Manual Transmission [Sign Petition For It!] SASQUATCH.PNG
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Package With Manual Transmission [Sign Petition For It!] SASQUATCH.PNG

No where does the Ford website say its auto only (like the 2.7L). But looks like this is false (n)
It should have stated requires 10 speed under the sasquatch line. Well now we know ford spent spent a billion in development and failed to have someone with product knowledge peer review content for errors. Who does that?
Sponsored