john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will the only available tire option for the 35's be mud tires? I want the look but honestly I'm using this on the pavement more than any trail or mud! Sorry if i missed the info on other posts.. the 33's offer all terrain etc! I am assuming the mud tires would be load and hurt mileage thats why I am asking. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will the only available tire option for the 35's be mud tires? I want the look but honestly I'm using this on the pavement more than any trail or mud! Sorry if i missed the info on other posts.. the 33's offer all terrain etc! I am assuming the mud tires would be load and hurt mileage thats why I am asking. Thanks in advance
Take a close look at the tread pattern of the sasquatch MTs. They are barely more aggressive than most ATs, even equal to some. That's why some call it a hybrid tread and why Goodyear is calling it maximum traction.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They arenā€™t a mud tire. Only Ford is calling it a mud tire. Goodyear calls it multi terrain or something like that.
They are about as aggressive as BFG KO2s. There are other A/Ts that are much more aggressive like the Cooper STT Pro.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They shouldn't be too loud, but fuel economy will suffer a little. Power will as well.

Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think you'll have any issues living with them on the road. If you look at the tires we've seen that people have taken, they look like this
Ford Bronco Sasquatch tires! 1605058110692

I think sometimes people hear "mud terrain" and this is what they picture.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch tires! 1605058255920

Hard Learner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150 XL Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am almost certain I read somewhere they are M/T for Max Traction. They are not mud tires, Ford keeps misslabeling them.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They arenā€™t a mud tire. Only Ford is calling it a mud tire. Goodyear calls it multi terrain or something like that.
They are about as aggressive as BFG KO2s. There are other A/Ts that are much more aggressive like the Cooper STT Pro.
Well Ford didnā€™t get that memo then, the build and price specifically calls out MUD TERRAIN on the Sasquatch tire description.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am almost certain I read somewhere they are M/T for Max Traction. They are not mud tires, Ford keeps misslabeling them.
Ford isnā€™t mis-labeling them...thatā€™s what the category M/T is called; Goodyear has just gone away from that term for marketing purposes for every M/T they make...and are calling them all max-traction, but they canā€™t rename the whole class on their own. This one is obviously a milder M/T; but itā€™s not mis-labeled.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford isnā€™t mis-labeling them...thatā€™s what the category M/T is called; Goodyear has just gone away from that term for marketing purposes for every M/T they make...and are calling them all max-traction, but they canā€™t rename the whole class on their own. This one is obviously a milder M/T; but itā€™s not mis-labeled.
M/T is also called:

OFF-ROAD MAXIMUM TRACTION TIRES
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/perfCat.jsp?perf=ORMT

"And, as far as off-roading goes, you can get the best performance from maximum-traction off-road tires."

https://tiredeets.com/milestar-patagonia-m-t-review/

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh yeah, might have read that once or twice before...

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely has a different tread pattern then most mud tires. I wonder how it will perform in the Snow. The center design in the tread looks similar to some snow tires.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well Ford didnā€™t get that memo then, the build and price specifically calls out MUD TERRAIN on the Sasquatch tire description.

I canā€™t tell if youā€™re kidding or not. ?

Yes, we know Ford didnā€™t get the memo. Thatā€™s why this question gets asked so much and what most of us are trying to explain here, AGAIN.
They are not mud tires. Goodyear (the manufacturer) calls them ā€œMax Tractionā€. Goodyear doesnā€™t call any of their tires ā€œmud terrainā€. They have a lot of tires labeled as M/T and they call them ā€œall terrainā€.

Look at the pictures of the tire that people have posted on this thread. They are nowhere near a mud tire.

Better yet, go to their website and see for yourself. I did.....
Sponsored

Last edited: