Mo_Big_Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry if this is posted about a lot.

I tried to change my reservation 5 weeks ago. At the time Ford allowed to change dealers, I checked in weekly and nothing happened. Today I saw that ford will no longer allow you to change.

I don’t think it’s fair that I planned ahead and still got screwed.

My original dealer told me I will be charged minimum 5kover msrp. We have gone back and forth but there’s nothing around it somehow. I will not be ordering if that’s the case.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Jander76

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the dealership is telling you that you will and you have written documents for that, you can at least report it to @Ford - not sure on how effective it has been overall though. Good luck on some good results!

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. Report the dealership to Ford.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it makes you feel better, I think fewer than 10 people were ever able to change reservations to different dealerships.

If you still have an unconverted reservation, and can get Ford to transfer it, it has to be converted to an order by the 11/21 or Ford will cancel.

Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it makes you feel better, I think fewer than 10 people were ever able to change reservations to different dealerships.

If you still have an unconverted reservation, and can get Ford to transfer it, it has to be converted to an order by the 11/21 or Ford will cancel.
Since the beginning of time, folks here have talked about changing dealerships. Some got approvals and went through the motions. Not a single one that I ever read here was successful. They said you could, but it never worked anyway.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the beginning of time, folks here have talked about changing dealerships. Some got approvals and went through the motions. Not a single one that I ever read here was successful. They said you could, but it never worked anyway.
In the early days it was easy. I moved mine twice.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed dealerships in 2020 with success. That does not speak to now, but it did once work. Right now might be too late. If you don't have a signed purchase agreement, you have no leverage. Good luck.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched my reservation back in 2020. That was easy. What's impossible is switching your order to a different dealer. Once you order it, you are stuck with whoever you ordered it from. Hence why Ford says you must get a signed purchase agreement when you order (even though I can think of only 3 dealerships in the entire country that were transparent and willing enough to do this, then Ford bitch slapped them and everyone that switched to those dealers)

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Planned ahead? You have been sitting on that reservation for at least 15 months and probably longer. Sure you may have planned to transfer your reservation but you failed to execute.

Any suggestions?
What is your build? Your signature shows a Big Bend. If you are wanting a BB non-squatch with a 2.3 and a soft top you can talk to to other dealers and have them possibly order you one as a stock unit. However, it would be at the back of the line and no guarantees it would ever get scheduled. If you are wanting a hard top, 2.7 or Squatch then you will either have to negotiate with your dealer or wait until the order banks open.

My advice would to be place an order for what you want at your current dealer, don't put any money down or sign anything and see where things stand if and when you get scheduled.

Whatever you do, DO NOT CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION and don't let it linger as a 99 status. Place an order even if you have no intention of buying one (make it a HE or optioned out WT so it has a bunch of constraints) You should have a private offer (price protection) tagged to your name through that reservation that can be used to buy a new Bronco from anywhere. You cancel and that rebate goes away. So even if you ended up buying a new Bronco off some other dealers lot you can still apply that private offer. @Beach_Bum did I get the PP details right? Oh, and heres a link for more info on price protection and one on ordering tips.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Planned ahead? You have been sitting on that reservation for at least 15 months and probably longer. Sure you may have planned to transfer your reservation but you failed to execute.

What is your build? Your signature shows a Big Bend. If you are wanting a BB non-squatch with a 2.3 and a soft top you can talk to to other dealers and have them possibly order you one as a stock unit. However, it would be at the back of the line and no guarantees it would ever get scheduled. If you are wanting a hard top, 2.7 or Squatch then you will either have to negotiate with your dealer or wait until the order banks open.

My advice would to be place an order for what you want at your current dealer, don't put any money down or sign anything and see where things stand if and when you get scheduled.

Whatever you do, DO NOT CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION and don't let it linger as a 99 status. Place an order even if you have no intention of buying one (make it a HE or optioned out WT so it has a bunch of constraints) You should have a private offer (price protection) tagged to your name through that reservation that can be used to buy a new Bronco from anywhere. You cancel and that rebate goes away. So even if you ended up buying a new Bronco off some other dealers lot you can still apply that private offer. @Beach_Bum did I get that right?
Yep. The original reservation build spec will trigger an appropriate PP cert. Cancel the reservation or not bothering to convert the reservation before 11/21/22 and the PP goes away.

Now, if the reservation is really not converted, then they may have a chance to transfer the reservation to another dealer. If it is converted to an order, then there is zero chance of transfer. They will have to initiate the process with customer service and have a dealer willing to accept the transfer ahead of time. Clock is ticking so they need to initiate the transfer request like today. If they can't transfer, then optioning a highly constrained build that they have no intention of taking delivery of is their best bet so that the reservation isn't wasted with regards to PP.

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry if this is posted about a lot.

I tried to change my reservation 5 weeks ago. At the time Ford allowed to change dealers, I checked in weekly and nothing happened. Today I saw that ford will no longer allow you to change.

My original dealer told me I will be charged minimum 5kover msrp. We have gone back and forth but there’s nothing around it somehow. I will not be ordering if that’s the case.

Any suggestions?
What dealer have you been working with?

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once a Reservation was converted to a dealer order, it's used and basically unmovable at this point.

Dealers are playing shady games with PP as well, so the whole thing is a crap shoot Crap. Stuck with a Shady dealer and going into a deep recession with fed monetary policies hanging in limbo.

Keep the order. Sit back and wait; you may just be rewarded.
Sponsored