HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be covered. We usually see that from sliding in and out of the seat, see a ton on older Expeditions and lifted Super Duty's. Now, getting a seat bottom in a reasonable amount of time is the question (depending on backorders).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rytr

Rytr

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Next time youā€™re in the Bronco lift up on the handle and see if itā€™s making contact. Iā€™d bet the back of the handle is pretty sharp.
7AB94DC1-5EA4-4CF6-98E5-B86B7A9D9A60.jpeg
I just tried raising the lever while sitting in it and without. It doesn't come close to hitting that spot. I agree it is probably from sliding out. But it should happen this early.

20230113_141752.jpg

20230113_141742.jpg

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like it may have got caught on the plastic seat handle/ trim while the handle was being used. This shouldnā€™t happen IMO. The material is plain cheap on most of the Bronco interior. Donā€™t run a fingernail over any of the plastic either itā€™ll be scratched forever. Donā€™t get me wrong I like my bronco but for a vehicle north of $50k better materials could have been used.
Use Chem Guys VRP and scratching is reduced and appearance is much better. My guess is this plastic is built for exposure without becoming brittle but trade off is itā€™s easier to scratch. Break and shatter a year or two down the road, or remain intact with scratchesā€¦but seriously since I wiped with VRP mine has been fine.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sand down the sharp plastic seat trim edge when the cover is replaced.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Less that 7K on the odometer and already have a crack. Granted I am only 5"10 and new this would eventually be a wear point. But not this soon. Anyone know if it is covered by warranty?

Ford Bronco Seat already tearing/cracking 20230113_141742

Take it to the dealership!

Sponsored

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just tried raising the lever while sitting in it and without. It doesn't come close to hitting that spot. I agree it is probably from sliding out. But it should happen this early.

Definitely cheap. I make extra sure I step up into the Bronco using handle, and not slide on the seat while getting in and out. Extra effort, but the seat will absolutely eventually split.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to compete with you, but I bought this with 20 miles on it. I drove home from the dealer (not my normal dealer) and noticed the side of the seat had these tares in the stitching (51 miles or so). I brought it back to the dealer closest to me, that I normally use, and they sent in an issue to Ford. The MGV seat vendor that sells to Ford needs to be switched to another vendor.
Ford Bronco Seat already tearing/cracking IMG_5454.JPG
Ford Bronco Seat already tearing/cracking IMG_5455.JPG

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exact same cracking in exact same place as OP. Use the AR Stirrup to step in and out of vehicle. It looks to be located in a flex point for the bolster. I'm right at 10k miles on my '21. I've got a running list of needed warranty repairs I've been keeping since new. I was hoping to wait until parts availability got better and they had a final solution to the manual gearbox synchronizer, but I've got enough of a list in probably not going to see the Bronco for a good long while when I do make that appointment.

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love my truck but some of the material choices really leave my scratching my head.

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is going to be a common issue with vinyl seats guaranteed. Because itā€™s a truck the outside seat bottom booster is going to take a beating.

MGV is a sales pitch. Yeah I get washout interior but this isnā€™t a boat, nobody gets in and out of a boat seat with the frequency they will in a seat of their vehicle, the failure rate in these will be high.

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is going to be a common issue with vinyl seats guaranteed. Because itā€™s a truck the outside seat bottom booster is going to take a beating.

MGV is a sales pitch. Yeah I get washout interior but this isnā€™t a boat, nobody gets in and out of a boat seat with the frequency they will in a seat of their vehicle, the failure rate in these will be high.
Iā€™ve had numerous VWs with their fake leather vinyl seats (they donā€™t call it MGV) and they have held up very well (better than leather in my opinion) - but could be better/higher grade stuff.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recommend everyone use Aerospace 303 on their seats and anything plastic the moment they get their bronco.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™ve had numerous VWs with their fake leather vinyl seats (they donā€™t call it MGV) and they have held up very well (better than leather in my opinion) - but could be better/higher grade stuff.
I honestly think the problem is they work in cars where you kind of step up and out but trucks where you slide out and down the bolsters take more wear. My ā€˜94 Toyota pickup with 320k miles has cloth in still near perfect condition but the sides of the seats that is vinyl was toast in about 6 years from sliding out.

Hope Iā€™m wrong and the vast majority of the seats wear great cuz I got changed to MGV in my BB order.

OP
OP
Rytr

Rytr

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am having the same issue as well.
Ford Bronco Seat already tearing/cracking IMG_5455.JPG
That sucks, and looks like will be an issue with MGV seats. However, my stealership was able to get it covered under warranty. But, it took till today for them to source the right replacement panel for the seat.
Sponsored