Sponsored

Selecting the right trim level - ugh, it's overwhelming!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The trim level was an easy decision for me - Black Diamond. I need the washout interior living in the snow, slush, and mud of northern Illinois. I'm not doing any rock crawling, so I don't need BL. I want steel bumpers. I'm fine with the mid package - don't need any higher package.

The only decision I have to make is to squatch it or do new wheels/ 33" tires aftermarket.
Sponsored

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Subde
Western MA. Pioneer Valley. Probably an hour west from your old stomping grounds.

I’ve travelled all over the country and I have yet to discover a place I love more than this region. (By every metric: Services, recreation, education, arts, culture, proximity to both more urban and more rural regions, etc etc etc)

Not my photo, but taken in my town:
1600727128027.jpeg
Sunderland? I grew up in Amherst now live north shore of Boston. Love New England!!

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No worries ... Out of all the grilles I like it the best, I was always good with the manual and the 2.3 but what fed the fever was the Bilsteins and the optional wheels. Really the Squatch pkg adds everything the BL has except the disconnect and now you can get it with manual 2.3 right?

So, why don't I get my cloth and carpet whatever with the Squatch? Don't know, still like the grille and optional wheels better, I'm good with a smaller tire which is still bigger than what I have on my FJ. I don't mind vinyl wash out floor either, I'm on the coast and sand is pain so probably doing myself a favor. Cloth is just a preference, it's hot and sunny here, vinyl gets warm quick but at least it won't crack and wear like leather.

If I Squatch an OB now with manual I'm adding 5k to it and it won't be anymore capable than a BL for the same cost and the WT doesn't come in a manual, shares a grille and will basically look like every other Squatched Bronco.

Alright, to finally finish up this lengthy soul dump is the off road and rock crawl aspect. Nope, the most it will do is some beach time and top down cruising on the way to work in an office. Not going to apologize for or hide that though, I'm sure I won't be the only one who's buying it for its looks vice it's capabilities but it's nice to know if I need or want to explore that side of it that it's there for the taking.

Got it, all makes sense to me. I like that there are many packages that guys can pick and build ( I know, I know B&P, we all know) . I am sure there are some cool carpet mats you can put in front and rear, pull 'em out shake 'em off, washout the floor and put 'em back in. I know I will have some... (y)

Plus, you never know, you may get behind the wheel and feel the spirit...then you'll be happy you have all that stuff you don't need.....:cool:

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the rubber washout floors come with carpeted mats . Sorta the reverse of the weathertech mats that I use in all my vehicles . If you stay on pavement and parking lots I could understand why people don't use them .
That would make sense.

I mean having carpet mats on the vinyl. Then if you're going on the trail or are in bad weather you can store them away.

i just assumed that the vinyl floor wouldn't come with any mats.

I have VW rubber mats with my current car and they're awesome.

I hope that theres a rubber or vinyl back for the trunk and the back of the back seats.

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm pretty upset that you don't seem to be able to get adaptive cruise control in the black diamond trim. I just want a rear locker, metal bumpers, and the washout interior. I don't need the nicer wheels, front locker, or the upgraded suspension from the badlands for what I plan to do with the truck but I can't get the lux package on the BD. If I could I would be able to keep it under $50k with the 2.7. Any other trim I try to spec out using the options prices from the survey end up putting me at ~$55k because I end up needing to pay for way too much off road capability / wheels to get anything other than open diffs. That's super annoying.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah I was in the same boat initially especially just to get my reservation in the same night. I knew I wanted the two door so I just went with the Outer Banks for that reason. I had the same complaints about all the body color fenders and handles but figured the Sasquatch package would fix that part. But I mulled over the manual more as time went on so I knew I'd has to part with the Sasquatch and started looking more at the Black Diamond.

Now with the Sasquatch + manual option, I'm either going Black Diamond or when more prices come out consider the Bad Lands more. I almost rather build up a BD, plus I really did the steelies that come with it. It's mainly price that makes me think I'll end up with the BD. Plus I think the rubber floors will be why I go the BD route.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The trim level was an easy decision for me - Black Diamond. I need the washout interior living in the snow, slush, and mud of northern Illinois. I'm not doing any rock crawling, so I don't need BL. I want steel bumpers. I'm fine with the mid package - don't need any higher package.

The only decision I have to make is to squatch it or do new wheels/ 33" tires aftermarket.
Same boat here

I first wanted the Badlands,now im pretty sure i want the BD with the 2.7,AT,Mid package.Then add 33's myself or if the B&P isnt nuts add Squatch and be done with it.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Got it, all makes sense to me. I like that there are many packages that guys can pick and build ( I know, I know B&P, we all know) . I am sure there are some cool carpet mats you can put in front and rear, pull 'em out shake 'em off, washout the floor and put 'em back in. I know I will have some... (y)

Plus, you never know, you may get behind the wheel and feel the spirit...then you'll be happy you have all that stuff you don't need.....:cool:
Carpeted floor mats, are standard on BL so that's covered ?.

I'm all for those that are out hitting the trails or will be no matter what they're driving. I love motorsports and grew up with motorcycles and 4 wheeling with a high school friend in Colorado that had an EB and that's what started me wanting one of my own. I've modified and autocrossed a few cars over the years so I'll get it out there eventually and try my hand at something. Thanks, plenty of options, plenty of people, plenty of stories.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Initially I thought I wanted the Outer Banks because of the focus on the creature comforts - but the more I look at it, the more I'm not a fan of the body colored flares, door handles, wheels and tires... so I was thinking about exploring other options and maybe even saving some money by not spending money on something I don't want...
I realized that the Black Diamond has upgraded bash plates, rock rails, auxilliary switches, and other things that make it more appealing... BUT
Then I realize that the Black Diamond and Big Bend don't have the signature LED lighting, don't have the High level instrument panel, no remote start option, no intelligent access.... then I realize that the Black Diamond isn't even available with carpeted floors...
oh, AND - the High and Lux packages aren't even available on the Big Bend/Black Diamond models...
Ugh .. trying to go through the list of options of what's included/excluded/optional and figuring out what I want, and what I'm willing to live without - is kinda difficult!! Looks like I might be back to looking at the OBX, but then paying extra for things like a new set of unpainted flares and decent set of wheels/tires ...

am I the only one?
Just pick a non-negotiable.

Mine is I must have the rubber interior. That right there reduced my choices to 2: BD and BL

Next is price:

BD w/ Sasquatch OR BL

I'm just waiting to see official prices and options to narrow from there.

Color, on the other-hand, is a beast of a decision.

I wanted Green or Sky Blue - but those aren't options.

So I decided, Fauxrange is the most dynamic.

Then they had that price survey and the options were crazy expensive - so paying a premium on paint seemed out.

So I leaned toward Red - the bright red.

Then I heard the lighter blue may be ordered in December - so I thought maybe. But I'm not sure it looks good with a gray roof.

Then someone said White Roof may be possible - which is ideal on a blue vehicle - Argggh!

So, I guess - yeah, I can relate.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion the colored fender flares are more Gen 1 Bronco. The black plastic fenders scream Wrangler.

OBX >

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You mean I can't get vinyl floors and rubber seats? It's listed as rubberized flooring so not sure what the actual rubber content is but thanks, will correct for future reference.

Kogi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Initially I thought I wanted the Outer Banks because of the focus on the creature comforts - but the more I look at it, the more I'm not a fan of the body colored flares, door handles, wheels and tires... so I was thinking about exploring other options and maybe even saving some money by not spending money on something I don't want...
I realized that the Black Diamond has upgraded bash plates, rock rails, auxilliary switches, and other things that make it more appealing... BUT
Then I realize that the Black Diamond and Big Bend don't have the signature LED lighting, don't have the High level instrument panel, no remote start option, no intelligent access.... then I realize that the Black Diamond isn't even available with carpeted floors...
oh, AND - the High and Lux packages aren't even available on the Big Bend/Black Diamond models...
Ugh .. trying to go through the list of options of what's included/excluded/optional and figuring out what I want, and what I'm willing to live without - is kinda difficult!! Looks like I might be back to looking at the OBX, but then paying extra for things like a new set of unpainted flares and decent set of wheels/tires ...

am I the only one?
I was a little overwhelmed when looking st the different trims also. My biggest fear was I would end up overpaying for stuff I would never use. What helped me is I made lists. 1. Must have 2. Would like to have 3. Can live without. This will help you focus the choices down. You probably won't get one trim that captures everything but you should gey pretty close. Then you can add accessories to fill whatever your trim is missing.
Sponsored