Sponsored

Selecting the right trim level - ugh, it's overwhelming!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Initially I thought I wanted the Outer Banks because of the focus on the creature comforts - but the more I look at it, the more I'm not a fan of the body colored flares, door handles, wheels and tires... so I was thinking about exploring other options and maybe even saving some money by not spending money on something I don't want...
I realized that the Black Diamond has upgraded bash plates, rock rails, auxilliary switches, and other things that make it more appealing... BUT
Then I realize that the Black Diamond and Big Bend don't have the signature LED lighting, don't have the High level instrument panel, no remote start option, no intelligent access.... then I realize that the Black Diamond isn't even available with carpeted floors...
oh, AND - the High and Lux packages aren't even available on the Big Bend/Black Diamond models...
Ugh .. trying to go through the list of options of what's included/excluded/optional and figuring out what I want, and what I'm willing to live without - is kinda difficult!! Looks like I might be back to looking at the OBX, but then paying extra for things like a new set of unpainted flares and decent set of wheels/tires ...

am I the only one?
Sponsored

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldn't sweat it until B&P comes out.

Right now, we're flying a bit in the dark and can't know all the minutia of the various trim levels.

For me, I'm pretty well set on Outer Banks but I want the Sasquatch.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Initially I thought I wanted the Outer Banks because of the focus on the creature comforts - but the more I look at it, the more I'm not a fan of the body colored flares, door handles, wheels and tires... so I was thinking about exploring other options and maybe even saving some money by not spending money on something I don't want...
I realized that the Black Diamond has upgraded bash plates, rock rails, auxilliary switches, and other things that make it more appealing... BUT
Then I realize that the Black Diamond and Big Bend don't have the signature LED lighting, don't have the High level instrument panel, no remote start option, no intelligent access.... then I realize that the Black Diamond isn't even available with carpeted floors...
oh, AND - the High and Lux packages aren't even available on the Big Bend/Black Diamond models...
Ugh .. trying to go through the list of options of what's included/excluded/optional and figuring out what I want, and what I'm willing to live without - is kinda difficult!! Looks like I might be back to looking at the OBX, but then paying extra for things like a new set of unpainted flares and decent set of wheels/tires ...

am I the only one?
Fender flares are easily removable. Get the painted ones and swap them out with non painted ones with someone?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There's not allot to differentiate the trims, yes carpet, cloth, some paint, bash plates and SB disconnect and lights. That's pretty much it, you can get the 6 and Squatch on everything so it's going to take a keen eye for someone to know what you have.

Supposedly you lose the painted flares when you Squatch, or you could get a white OB and people will be fighting for your white flares! I'm still sticking with BL even though I'd like cloth and carpet and it'll never see any rocks outside of the driveway.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

am I the only one?
Dude, yeah, we're all living through this pre-B&P nightmare too.

;)

I mentioned in another thread that I've got a sheet where I've reached my preferred build two different ways starting from different models. Until I can sit down and work B&P through, I wont be able to truly weigh the options.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I knew I wanted Outer Banks as soon as I saw it. Only change I would make is to an F-150 if Bronco goes above my value for the money price.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here.

Most likely getting a Black Diamond. Signature lighting is cool, but you get LED Headlights standard anyway.

Mid package is enough for me. 8 inch screen is fine.

I like the wash out interior, though it probably will be louder....something I haven't thought of...eh this will be a loud truck anyway... this is my brain in real time, lol.

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

am I the only one?
This is my advice and my thought process at this current point in time:

Narrow down what you actually want out of the vehicle/ How are you actually going to use it and what do you want included with your vehicle?
My next question, in your list of options what are items that are absolute musts that have to be provided by Ford vs what can be done or added in afterwards, and then what can be done aftermarket.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten.../suvs/bronco/2021/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

This pdf was quite useful in seeing what's included and what isn't. Since it doesn't seem like you are looking for a manual, most of the compatibility with packages won't be an issue for you to keep track of.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

am I the only one?
Ok brother first I will need to correct some of your assertions. Sasquatch deletes the body colored fender flares and you instead get the Squatch flares. Big Bend does have the option under the "Safety" tab to get the signature lighting unless it's a typo similar to the 10 speed auto on the 4 door Base. Any trim Big Bend and above can be optioned with the Mid Package which gets you intelligent access, remote start, etc. Plus remote start is standard on every Bronco through the FordPass app if you option the auto tranny. If you care more about luxury than capability I'd suggest you stay at Outer Banks and Squatch it out if you don't like the body colored doodads. Then you get capability and luxury. I just don't get why people spend so much money on luxury items and driver nannies that will be obsolete in 5 years or less as somethingnew and better will come out. I guess I get it if you don't plan on keeping the Bronco very long though lol.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here.

Most likely getting a Black Diamond. Signature lighting is cool, but you get LED Headlights standard anyway.

Mid package is enough for me. 8 inch screen is fine.

I like the wash out interior, though it probably will be louder....something I haven't thought of...eh this will be a loud truck anyway... this is my brain in real time, lol.
Don't they all have washout interior?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't sweat it until B&P comes out.

Right now, we're flying a bit in the dark and can't know all the minutia of the various trim levels.

For me, I'm pretty well set on Outer Banks but I want the Sasquatch.
If you and @calgecko get the same color then you could sell them your fenders and you both "win".

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, while the Squatch is cool looking, it would be wasted money for me.. this is going to be 95% daily driver - with some road trips, trails, etc on weekends.. creature comforts are important to me - and I hardly ever keep a car for more than 4 years anyways... by that point, they're getting up in miles and I don't want to worry about reliability issues. My 2016 Mustang has 82k on it (I average 20k miles a year) and I love the creature comforts - heated and cooled seats, leather interior, puddle lights, dual climate control, navigation, apple car play, etc ... not tired of them yet :) by the time my Bronco arrives, I'll be at 100k on the Mustang and it will definitely be time for it to go.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't they all have washout interior?
I believe its standard on Black Diamond and Badlands.

The others are cloth and those like Outer Banks can have leather/carpet.

I'm not sure if Ford will option it for all trims?
Sponsored