First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get your point....But, I think those things could be built as well.... I know they added a brace and the fenders are wider, but is the frame? What components make up the stance that couldn't be built?

To those that think the V8 is a dead thing, I appreciate your thoughts....But, seriously, why don't you just move along? If you have a viable argument regarding a v6 turbo vs a v8 I'm all ears, but nothing I've seen to date persuades me.... Yes, depending on if crate or a pulled motor there will be costs... If it's not your thing, I get it....

Guess I'll wait to see about SEMA...Just thought this group would be interested in the discussion...
The V8 Bronco is not dead, it simply doesn't exist.
I never thought I would see a V8 Wrangler again, yet 392...
Sponsored

OP
OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The suspension is completely different a little over 6” wider stance (suspension not just fenders) I believe. A arms steering rack, frame has more supports and gussets. Yes anything can be built but why not use a better platform to start from. I wouldn’t be surprised to see at least one V8 build at SEMA.
I guess you'd have to look at the cost differential.... I might be incorrect, but to make these mods, does it add up to the difference for the Raptor? Maybe there is a point for point comparison and wire frame art that shows the difference.

OP
OP
OldStyleBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The V8 Bronco is not dead, it simply doesn't exist.
I never thought I would see a V8 Wrangler again, yet 392...
Judging by the timing of the release, I'd say it was to challenge the Bronco. And, every video I've seen puts this check mark in the Jeep column....

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can get a bronco with a v8. It’s called the bronco DR

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Traction Faction on Youtube has one in the works.

Ford Bronco SEMA 2022 ..... Any v8 surprises? YOTE

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Judging by the timing of the release, I'd say it was to challenge the Bronco. And, every video I've seen puts this check mark in the Jeep column....
Competition only improves the brands and benefits the customer.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think it's awesome that no traction fraction s attempting it.

That said

From what I understand with modern vehicles, swapping engines is a total PITA, mostly due to the electronics. The guys that did a 5.0 swap in a ranger said it took them 18 months to figure out the electronics. I am sure they could probably do it faster now that they have done it and are offering conversions(for a hefty price of 36K) but that seems to be the biggest issue swapping modern engines into modern cars is getting all the electronics to work. Just getting everything else to work the way it is supposed to is the biggest challenge.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's awesome that no traction fraction s attempting it.

That said

From what I understand with modern vehicles, swapping engines is a total PITA, mostly due to the electronics. The guys that did a 5.0 swap in a ranger said it took them 18 months to figure out the electronics. I am sure they could probably do it faster now that they have done it and are offering conversions(for a hefty price of 36K) but that seems to be the biggest issue swapping modern engines into modern cars is getting all the electronics to work. Just getting everything else to work the way it is supposed to is the biggest challenge.
It will continue to get harder and harder as the electronics get more integrated. Currently a vehicle typically consists of a bunch of "independent" modules that talk to each other. I suspect that soon we'll see a true "CPU" that does all the talking. I suspect that will make things way more difficult to mod.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much more power can you realistically put into a vehicle like the bronco with high CG and short wheelbase? Seems like a recipe for disaster. I suppose it would be a 4door only addition like the Raptor.
Up to infinity. It is operator error that causes vehicles to roll over.

Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fly, I'm going to answer like it's a genuine question.... You can put a lot more power. Just look at the Jeep, as an example... Similar dimensions....Further, it's not to necessarily go crazy with HP, it's to get the correct torque curve for the low rpms... If you like to look at Ford marketing dept. specs that quote a HP/ LBS blah at one point on the curve, have at it....But, some of us are not persuaded by such.... As someone with v8s and V12s I can tell you there is no arguing with displacement.... If you like your turbo'd v6, congrats...Seriously happy for ya.... It 'aint gonna fly for me... Checkout a comparison of the v6 vs the zilla dyno curve and let me know what you think if you plan on off-roading. I'm not some chick that gets excited by fancy color names....Back to trying to help you understand, there is a reason the towing cap. isn't higher....Throw a zilla in there and let's see what Ford says then.... I mean it's a truck, right? Wanna tow a boat?
Thanks for the response, for the record I'd be thrilled to have a small V8 making the same power numbers as the 2.7. If nothing else just the sound of a true V8 would be fitting for an enthusiast vehicle like this. Cost/benefit analysis for @Ford Motor Company would likely be a big hurdle

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It will continue to get harder and harder as the electronics get more integrated. Currently a vehicle typically consists of a bunch of "independent" modules that talk to each other. I suspect that soon we'll see a true "CPU" that does all the talking. I suspect that will make things way more difficult to mod.
Yep, just so many electronics now. Especially as more car manufacturers try to encrypt the ECUs. Hell I think it took some of these tuning companies like 2 years to crack the C8 ECU.

Not like it used to be where if it fit, it would work lol.

Again, I hope no traction gets it done because I think it's awesome they are trying. But the time and cost put into it, I think that is where people will get their hopes dashed.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This guy needs to actually drive a bronco before hell ever realize the tremendous low end torque thats available in these engines. Posts like this remimd me of a neandrathall huffing " me need bigger hammer"....so funny!!!
Ford has finally caught up in the engine game. For example, the HP and TQ/displacment ratio these engines produce rivals Porsche. The boost, and torque, the 2.7/3.0 make at VERY low RPMs is astounding.
The godzilla is a outdated pushrod " neandrathol" engine. No thanks! I prefer OHC designs.
Sponsored