Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

2/10 blend date but wasn’t completed on Friday so not only a “monday” build but a “monday after Super Bowl” build. Back in the day, word on the street was Monday builds always had issues so since it should be finished the day after super bowl I could have a real case of the Monday Blues. Is this still a thing?
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine was built over Christmas and so far appears to be holding together just fine, so there's that.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s not as bad as it used to be. When I worked at a ford plant 15% of the warranty issues were from operators. Most of the warranty is from defective parts. The testing and inspection processes catch most of the operator errors.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2/10 blend date but wasn’t completed on Friday so not only a “monday” build but a “monday after Super Bowl” build. Back in the day, word on the street was Monday builds always had issues so since it should be finished the day after super bowl I could have a real case of the Monday Blues. Is this still a thing?
Depends on whether your car is built by happy, excited and hung over Chiefs fans, or angry, grieving (and hung over) Eagles fans.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AGM Everglades

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Depends on whether your car is built by happy, excited and hung over Chiefs fans, or angry, grieving (and hung over) Eagles fans.
Not a fan of either but if any Ford Techs read this I was definitely pulling for the Chiefs lol

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bison was built the day before GM closes for Christmas week and there have been no assembly defects in it for the past 4 years, just parts (dpf sensor, lights going out on the hvac panel and a leaky shock). Assembly lines are pretty well run these days, they've had over a 100 years to get it right.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having worked in assembly, I can tell you the absolute worst thing for quality is the vehicle going off the line missing parts to be added later. It's just not the same as adding them in sequence by people that know what they are doing and in the proper environment.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I worked for GM in IT, during the pandemic, they asked white collar workers to go work on the assembly lines for two weeks. I volunteered to go to the Wentzville plant where they build the Colorado/Canyon and the full size Vans. Of course I got put on the overnight shift. Luckily we were encouraged to stop the line if we forgot something or messed up. I'll never forgot seeing my section manager, run down the line because I forgot one of 10 screws for wheel well liners and put it in himself. I have a hell of a lot of respect for those folks on the assembly lines putting together the vehicles we love.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be more worried with Ford's track record for addressing known problems than I would the day it was built.