Sponsored

Should I even bother dropping tow package?

O-Tag

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler, 2021 VW Atlas, 2023 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am thinking about dropping the tow package because while the 7-pin connection would be nice to have, I can work around not having it. I'd rather drop it, add the accessory hitch, and have my Bronco sooner than later. My build has other constraints on it though, like Lux, 2-door MIC top, and manual trans. These are things we aren't willing to change. Since I have a mid-2021 reservation (late to the party) and these other constraint items, is it even worth it to drop tow? Will it make much of a difference in the ability to get it made sooner?
Sponsored

76FordBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off War Eagle!

I was a 7/17/20 Resv and holding out for the hardtop and tow package. However, since the Bronco was my 50TH bday present form my wife, I decided to go ahead and place my order and dropped both. I place my order 12/3/21 and it was scheduled for build 1/31/22 with an actual built on 2/16 and delivered 2/25 with pickup on 2/26. I do feel that not having the tow package help get my build quicker. BL, 2.7, SAS. LUX. VB. Drove it for 4 days before dropping of for tint and PPF. Cant wait to get it back.

I will add an aftermarket hitch at some point and hopefully by the time I do a company will have a direct fit 7 pin solution.

As far as hardtop goes, you don't have the choice of going soft (imo, sucks) so that may still be a hold for your build. Therefore, it might be worth the wait for both tow and hardtop. If tow was the only constraint, and it was me I would drop it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dave, I think you are ordered through Yulee? The only real constraint is allocation. My new order without a reservation placed at the end of October is being built 3/14 with the required MIC for a 2-dr and tow. My original reservation is in allocation purgatory until MY'24/MY'25. We have talked at Caffeine and Octane event in the past.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/22/20 reservation here, and I have not heard a thing from Ford relative to a VIN or build date. My dealer confirmed that if I dropped the tow package it would be very likely that a build date would come sooner . . . this was just last week, so I dropped it. Too early to tell, but hopefully it will make a difference. I kept all other constraints because I want what I want and I am not willing to take something less just to get it earlier (MIC, Lux, 2.7, SAS). This is a 4-door model. I do not personally think that dropping this one constraint will help that much, but I am not too concerned due to dealer-installed or aftermarket solutions I can pursue for tow options.

Sponsored

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is delivering Broncos with factory tow. Mine will deliver this week I don’t think tow is your problem.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't drop the things you want to get it sooner.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nobody can tell you, but with all the other bits you have on order, I'd just leave it as is. That is, IF you think you'll ever need the 7pin. From what I read it's not an easy (or cheap) add on later. I have it on my truck, no idea if I'll ever need it, didn't even know there were different ones until reading here, never towed a thing. Only bikes on the rear. But I figured why not, wasn't all that expensive.
So I'd drop it if I'd think I'll never need the 7pin or would be ok with what ever I'd have to do then down the road. A simple hitch is cheap to add aftermarket or yourself. And for those that just want to mount a cargo or bike etc carrier, drop it and get just a hitch for cheap.

Hop you get your ride soon!

OP
OP
O-Tag

O-Tag

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dave, I think you are ordered through Yulee? The only real constraint is allocation. My new order without a reservation placed at the end of October is being built 3/14 with the required MIC for a 2-dr and tow. My original reservation is in allocation purgatory until MY'24/MY'25. We have talked at Caffeine and Octane event in the past.
We’re with Bozard. Lots of allocations but also lots of orders. Good to see you here!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We’re with Bozard. Lots of allocations but also lots of orders. Good to see you here!
Bozard couldn't deliver my order. I placed 3 identical build orders at the end of October besides my original reservation in allocation purgatory. I'll be taking a one-way flight to Detroit to pick up my Bronco in a few weeks and break it in on the Daniel Boone Byway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
O-Tag

O-Tag

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First off War Eagle!

I was a 1/17/20 Resv and holding out for the hardtop and tow package. However, since the Bronco was my 50TH bday present form my wife, I decided to go ahead and place my order and dropped both. I place my order 12/3/21 and it was scheduled for build 1/31/22 with an actual built on 2/16 and delivered 2/25 with pickup on 2/26. I do feel that not having the tow package help get my build quicker. BL, 2.7, SAS. LUX. VB. Drove it for 4 days before dropping of for tint and PPF. Cant wait to get it back.

I will add an aftermarket hitch at some point and hopefully by the time I do a company will have a direct fit 7 pin solution.

As far as hardtop goes, you don't have the choice of going soft (imo, sucks) so that may still be a hold for your build. Therefore, it might be worth the wait for both tow and hardtop. If tow was the only constraint, and it was me I would drop it.

Hope that helps.
War Eagle!

Thank you for the insight. I’m starting to think it’s a combination of all the constraints as well as like Beach_Bum said, allocations. Plus there are quite a few orders ahead of me apparently.

OP
OP
O-Tag

O-Tag

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bozard couldn't deliver my order. I placed 3 identical build orders at the end of October besides my original reservation in allocation purgatory. I'll be taking a one-way flight to Detroit to pick up my Bronco in a few weeks and break it in on the Daniel Boone Byway.
Sounds like a blast, looking forward to seeing a 2 door Bronco around town. All I ever see are the 4-doors.

OP
OP
O-Tag

O-Tag

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah we don’t have to have the 7 pin but on the off occasion we get an RV trailer and head out into the mountains, it might be nice to have. There’s only so much you can do with a 3500 pound tow capacity though.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/14/2020 reservation here. Dropped tow, previewed 3 days later, got a build date the following week. Mine is scheduled to be built next week.
Sponsored