DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please add your dealer to the Shady Dealers thread. They are clearly a place to stay away from. You shouldn't be as loyal to them because they are fleecing you. You have options.
This isn’t as bad as surprise ADM on an ordered Bronco but still doesn’t feel good.
They will be lucky to get $5k ADM now though.
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He's not gonna get 75k or even close to that for a used Bronco with an MSRP of 60k. Gonna take that 10-15k loss no matter what. Or let the other one go and keep the one he's got. ADM fees are garbage. That dealer would never get my business for that shady ass practice. Not sure why people pay these fees?
You missed my point entirely. People are reluctant to sell private around here. It’s not that hard. I can only guess it’s just laziness.

And of course he’s gonna take it up ass on ADM paid. But if dealer is willing to offer $60k there’s clearly room to make up some ground with private sale. The dealer isn’t going to sell it for what they offered him. Spend a half hour to take some pics and post it as private sale. Recoup $2-4k of the initial bad decision.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you want them both and can afford them sure. If not. No.

I would suggest selling one at a markup and take advantage of the idiots who can’t wait.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You missed my point entirely. People are reluctant to sell private around here. It’s not that hard. I can only guess it’s just laziness.

And of course he’s gonna take it up ass on ADM paid. But if dealer is willing to offer $60k there’s clearly room to make up some ground with private sale. The dealer isn’t going to sell it for what they offered him. Spend a half hour to take some pics and post it as private sale. Recoup $2-4k of the initial bad decision.
LOL I didn't really miss it, I just chose to take my own path :D I totally agree about selling private, it's not hard. It is a bit more work than trading at a dealer, but the dealer will never give you what private party does (as you well know).

LOL @ the takin' it up the ass on the ADM. 100% true!

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I pulled the trigger 7 days too early and paid the price. I placed my order for a fully loaded Bad Sas, with hardtop and leather, Lux, Mod Bumper, Tow Package. The day after placing my order, the dealer called to say he had a 22 Bronco on the lot with soft top and MGV, but everything else I ordered, it was even Area 51, which I ordered. Not knowing if my order would ever come in after waiting almost 3 years, I said I would buy it. After already buying 6 cars from this dealer over the years, he still charged me $15k over MSRP. Sticker was $60k ish, I paid $75k. Days later I get an email from Ford that my order is in production. 90 days later I get an email saying it is complete and being shipped to the dealer. MSRP on the 23 I ordered is $64k ish. Ford is honoring the PP, which means I can buy it for $60k ish. The dealer is only willing to give me $60k ish on the Bronco I bought 90 days ago for $75k. Trading it in is not a good option and I don’t want to sell it private party. Out of spite and principle, I plan on taking delivery of my ordered Bronco. I refuse to walk away from this vehicle and let the dealer flip it for $20k over MSRP. Just sucks I gave up 7 days early and paid $15k over. Also sucks I’ll now have two fully loaded Bad Sas, in Area 51, one with soft top and one in hardtop.
No, you should not keep both Broncos.

Sponsored

8DaysDazed

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in a similar situation. Picked up a 2 door BL/SAS/Lux when a friend of a friend couldn't take delivery. Sold at MSRP +5K to orig res holder. 3 weeks later i got my build date for my original 2 door OBX/SAS/High.

Really want to at least get the 5K back I paid and just listed the BL on Turo. I would think it would do well here in AZ, particularly w/ the SB and Spring Training right around the corner. We'll see.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is it about the simple private sell that makes folks butt pucker? I don’t get it.
Liability, risk, fraud, lawyers? However, I freely admit that thousands of vehicles are sold on the open market every day.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too had the two Bronco dilemma. Apparently the dealer, in error, placed two reorders for me during the MY22 reorder debacle. The two high end Badlands arrived a month apart, June & July of 22.

Fortunately, I knew of the second identical Bronco before taking delivery of the first. Because of that, I was able to negóciate credit off the MSRP of the first Bronco (with the GM of the dealership) for providing them with a letter relinquishing my right to buy the second Bronco. So, no dings to their ordering program from Ford,…. Or they were just very honest…. Houston mega dealer….

Now, the thought of having two identical Broncos in my driveway was cool, shit very cool... But (unfortunately?) logic prevailed. Anyway, I was able to get my Badlands SAS, 2.7L, MIC, Lux, MGV at slightly less than MSRP in late June of 22.

I do now consider myself extremely lucky!

Last edited:

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pulled the trigger 7 days too early and paid the price. I placed my order for a fully loaded Bad Sas, with hardtop and leather, Lux, Mod Bumper, Tow Package. The day after placing my order, the dealer called to say he had a 22 Bronco on the lot with soft top and MGV, but everything else I ordered, it was even Area 51, which I ordered. Not knowing if my order would ever come in after waiting almost 3 years, I said I would buy it. After already buying 6 cars from this dealer over the years, he still charged me $15k over MSRP. Sticker was $60k ish, I paid $75k. Days later I get an email from Ford that my order is in production. 90 days later I get an email saying it is complete and being shipped to the dealer. MSRP on the 23 I ordered is $64k ish. Ford is honoring the PP, which means I can buy it for $60k ish. The dealer is only willing to give me $60k ish on the Bronco I bought 90 days ago for $75k. Trading it in is not a good option and I don’t want to sell it private party. Out of spite and principle, I plan on taking delivery of my ordered Bronco. I refuse to walk away from this vehicle and let the dealer flip it for $20k over MSRP. Just sucks I gave up 7 days early and paid $15k over. Also sucks I’ll now have two fully loaded Bad Sas, in Area 51, one with soft top and one in hardtop.
Hey Berkekey,
Definitely buy the new one so you can basically give the finger to the dealer. Then sell the new one via the website, Bring A Trailer, as this will keep you at arms length from the sale. You will make a small profit, enabling you to take a bit of the sting away from the outrageous 15K over the MSRP the bastards charged you.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Liability, risk, fraud, lawyers? However, I freely admit that thousands of vehicles are sold on the open market every day.
Honest question. Is that for real? Has tort law ruined our country to the point we are afraid to sell a vehicle to someone? Sold every vehicle in a private transaction and it never crossed my mind. Take care of my shit and upfront and honest with buyers. Never had an issue and take joy in knowing a dealership isn’t profiting more than already are off me.

I suspect it has a lot more to do with laziness and ease of transaction. People willing to forego thousands to complete a transaction and get gratification immediately.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honest question. Is that for real? Has tort law ruined our country to the point we are afraid to sell a vehicle to someone? Sold every vehicle in a private transaction and it never crossed my mind. Take care of my shit and upfront and honest with buyers. Never had an issue and take joy in knowing a dealership isn’t profiting more than already are off me.

I suspect it has a lot more to do with laziness and ease of transaction. People willing to forego thousands to complete a transaction and get gratification immediately.
I like your post! Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter how honest you (the seller) are, it only matters how honest the Buyer is.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like your post! Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter how honest you (the seller) are, it only matters how honest the Buyer is.
I’ll take my chances over corrupt dealers. I’ve personally had way more experiences with dealers trying to screw me than the general public.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll take my chances over corrupt dealers. I’ve personally had way more experiences with dealers trying to screw me than the general public.
No issues here. I recently sold a 65 Corvette Roadster by advertising within a Corvette restoration group. Was purchased by the first inquirer sight unseen. A verified bank transfer into my account within an hour and third party transport arranged within a week. Worked out well for me. I dreaded selling on the open market however.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
H

Yes, my concern is real. And yes, I have sold cars to private individuals.

As I have more to lose later in life, risk is my concern. You sell a car to someone who has an accident on the way home, maybe even with fatalities. With our legal system, he’s fully capable of claiming that the car you sold him had “faulty” brakes. Pretty hard to define. He gets a lawyer and sues you for over your policy limits $$$. 5 years later, your insurance company settles for a value within your policy limits…..

Yes, the US tort system is totally out of control.

EDIT: Don’t tell me this hasn’t happened.
EDIT: Did you check his insurance? Could you be responsible the party because he had no insurance or an unscrupulous insurer?

Last edited:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the end of the day, I’ll likely walk away from my order. My wife and I really like the soft top and MGV that we have now. It’s more practical for off-road adventures. It just really pisses me off to see the “stealership” make $15k over MSRP on the one I bought off the lot and an another $15k+ on the order I’m walking away from. The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth for the dealership and Ford. On a positive note, I absolutely love my Bronco!
Just walk away. The dealer didn't "make" you buy it for 15k over, you chose to pay that and took that risk instead of waiting. What's done is done. I would not worry about buying the new one and all the financial risk if you are happy with the one you already have. It is quite common for dealers to sell cars on the lot with adm, its really only shady of them if they surprise you with it on an ordered vehicle after an agreed upon price. It seems like a lot of work & financial risk without really much gain. You might be able to make a lil money off the new one but you also might not. Is it worth even more potential loss?
Sponsored